JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

The miniTHP will select a group of testers to review the Theragun mini. Each person that has been in the THP Tech Studio and tried this little device out, has raved about it. Small, lightweight and the perfect size to keep in your golf bag.

CriteriaWe will select a group of 12 THPers to test the mini alongside a staff writer.You must be able to check in on the forum thread daily...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds interesting it would be a great opportunity to try out to see if it would reduce the stiffness on the first couple of holes. I’m an electrician by trade so would also be interesting to see if it makes a difference in daily activity especially in the morning to limber up and at the end of the day with soreness.

This is like a godsend. I woke up this morning & hobbled out of bed. The Theragun mini could provide me with added relief from the pain I feel in my shoulder & lower back during & after a golf round. This device would be put to great use & my review would consist of providing feedback to the THP forum by addressing the questions from the masses. Sprinkle in a few video related snippets of the “Mini” in action. Hopefully my morning & midday groans will subside!!!

Good luck everyone!

Would absolutely love to review this. Was already debating getting one frankly. Putting a lot of rounds on this body this year and playing much more than I normally do has definitely had an impact on muscle wear and tear.

If I was chosen, I'd review it by putting it to the test in 2 ways:

1) As a recovery tool by using it it after a set number of rounds to assess how it helps muscle strain recovery and general body health as body maintenance approach.

2) With a different set of rounds, I'd use it as an inclusion in my pre-round warm up routine to assess if it has any performance impacts on the ability to hit the ball better/more consistent which theoretically should result in better scoring.

Although I don’t see the course as much as Colin, I do have some aches and pains creeping in, and I’ve specifically noticed my lower back and muscles around my knees getting sorer lately. Would love to add the Theragun routine into my daily schedule to see how much better is feel, even just at work.
I’d use it every morning and night, before and after golf, and before and after spinning on the Peloton. I truly don’t take the time to recover properly, and this would be a great motivator. Could check in multiple times a day, maybe some kind of feeling chart per day as well?
Great review opportunity!

A great opportunity this, thanks for the opportunity

I would love to try this device out

I am not getting any younger unfortunately and it does take me longer now to recover after rounds from the aches and pains. Using this device may help me to recover quicker, thus enabling me to play more often, especially at the weekends where I would love to play on both days

I would use it before my round to help to warm up and loosen my muscles, it may help my swing feel looser a lot sooner, as it usually takes the first few holes before I feel properly loose.

I would also use it after my round to help with warming down, something that I really need to do better

I would also use it before and after going for a run, to help with loosening up my leg muscles and then with the warm down exercises.

My wife has plantar fasciitis so it would be very interesting to see if this device could help her too, as she really suffers badly from it at times.

I'm always on the forum, so leaving feedback and answering questions won't be a problem and currently I get out to the course 3 times a week. Maybe more if I get to test this as I may not have the aches and pains for as long. I also try to go out for a run at least 2 - 3 times a week.

Last edited:
I would love to review this product, for a couple of reasons:

I think that the tech story of portable percussion therapy is very interesting.

I tend to get aches & pains after playing golf, especially after playing back to back days. I interested in seeing if this would help that soreness & improve performance.

Also my wife deals with chronic pain daily, and with the portability and 3 speed settings, I’m interested in seeing if this product could help her too.

In the review phase, I would provide feedback after every use, and answer any questions that come up.

1. I want to try the device out because of many years of ligament and muscles injuries. I believe this will help breakup some old scar tissues and relieve some of the everyday tightness.
2. I will review it on a weekly basis and it’s general functions and ease of use. How long the battery lasts and how it works in general.
3. Sit back and wait to see if you are chosen in the next few days.

I have recently had a sore lower back that caused me to miss a round with some THPers. I will be 50 years old later this month so the aches and pains are getting more frequent unfortunately. I am a mechanic by trade so I am constantly getting up and down, lifting heavy loads and standing on concrete all day.

I will use it daily on my back and as an added bonus my wife has aching feet that she will use it on as well. She does fine all day but after sitting down after work she can barely walk until her feet get warmed up again. I will review this item with a skeptical eye as I view these types of things like snake oil. If it works I will give it props and if its an expensive paper weight I will pull no punches. I am originally from the show me state so, show me something.

Thanks for the opportunity to try out the Theragun Mini!

I'd like to give this a try to incorporate it into my fitness and golf warm up routine. Every year it seems like my muscles get tighter, and sitting for work doesn't help the issue. I've been doing yoga since last November, and it has really helped increase my flexibility and decrease muscle pain. Despite that, I still can't run like I used to, because I'm so sore afterwards. If I jump on the field for practice with my high school soccer team, forget about walking normal the next 2 days. I'd love to see how this could improve my legs so that I can enjoy running and playing soccer again.

I would test it in 2 ways:

1. High Intensity Training: See how a proper warm up with the Theragun affects how I feel after a good run/soccer game. Then, see how when I get sore, the Theragun works to reduce the amount of soreness I have. I would bring it to my high school soccer team's practice, and have some of the kids use it when they feel like they have a tight muscle, or something that is hampering them. During summer, in the heat, this is a common issue, so I'd like to see how this could benefit the kids on the team.

2. Golf Flexibility: I don't often get to the course early enough to get in a good warm up routine. Usually it's just a little stretch, warm up swings on the first tee. I would love to see how this would allow me to warm up, especially when most of my rounds are early in the morning, before I had a chance to get the blood flowing.

Great video with Colin!
I want to try the Theragun mini because I’ve always been plagued with a tight lower back that usually requires laying down to do some stretches. Trying to stretch on the ground at the course can be weird and cumbersome before a round. Also, who honestly gets to the course on time to really get a good stretch in before your tee time?
I’d use the Theragun mini to help loosen my lower back regularly as well as target sore muscle groups before and after a round of golf.
I’d share my thoughts on the forum as well as share some videos of my experience using at the course before, during and after a round of golf. I’d also share my wife’s thoughts on this device as well as she’s constantly on her feet at work and could also benefit from the Theragun

The Theragun mini seems like a great little device that would be so beneficial for golf and just in everyday life! Trying to share that on the forum and through my social media would be a fun challenge!

I would love to test this out.

I have put on a few pounds and am just starting to exercise to drop the weight. Already feeling it a bit and this would be perfect for warm up and post exercise relief. I am one of the least flexible people so I am hoping this will help me stretch the muscles a bit more too.

I would be happy to take the forum along for a review. Left shoulder, lower back, and hamstrings will probably see the most activity. Part of my exercise goal is to restart using my SuperSpeed sticks. SuperSpeed + the theragun would be a great combo to share my experiences with the forum.

Last edited:
I workout multiple times a week along with trying to play golf a few times a week. Needless to say having a product that could massage and loosen up muscles would go a long way in warmup and post workout/golf recovery.

I will actively be on the forum to answer any questions people or the company may have. I will leave a comment every few days about how I’ve been using it and the results.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to review this product. Thanks for the consideration.

This! All of this! I'm 40 years old and with the pandemic I've transitioned to full time work at home. The blessing of this is that it's lead me back to the gym, working out every day for the first time in years. It's also caused a lot of new aches and pains at my age. Theragun looks like an awesome solution to loosening up before and after the gym. It also looks like a great way to loosen up on the course before and after my weekday and weekend rounds. I'd love the opportunity to test one and review it for THP!

....oh and Colin Morikawa uses it? Talk about perfect timing. :)

1. I’ve wanted to try a therapy gun for a few months of reading how helpful they are for golf and health in general. I am excited to see how it help me feel, live and play better golf.
2. I will write thorough, descriptive and honest feedback about my usage of the gun on a session, daily and weekly basis. I will write before, during and after experiences and document everything in an easy to read but complete way.

At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

The mini
THP will select a group of testers to review the Theragun mini. Each person that has been in the THP Tech Studio and tried this little device out, has raved about it. Small, lightweight and the perfect size to keep in your golf bag.

Criteria
We will select a group of 12 THPers to test the mini alongside a staff writer.
You must be able to check in on the forum thread daily (or close to it) to discuss usage and answer questions. We are looking for people that can really take the time to use this fantastic device before and after rounds, before or after working out and of course throughout the day.
You will be reviewing the device for a period of 30 days (then it is yours to keep).

How to Signup
1. Watch the short video above.
2. Comment below why you want to try the device out.
3. Share with us how you will review it in the forum.
4. Sit back and wait to see if you are chosen in the next few days.

Continue reading...

I would like to try this out, for someone who is approaching 50, I need all the help I can get. I have been going to the gym and doing a lot of stretching. I think this is something I would like to incorporate in my pre-workouts at the gym and pre-round warm ups. Thanks for the potential opportunity

Getting older the aches and pains of my daily routine can make some activities more difficult. I am a high school football and golf coach. I would love to use this product obviously for myself, but also on my athletes. The size of your product would be perfect for my athletes to try this out in the locker room or on the bus to relieve sore muscles after games or practice.
I would share my and my athletes daily use. One thing about high school students they are brutally honest and we would get great feedback and data about this product.
In closing I hope I am choose to give your new product a try.

Oh man. Great opportunity here. Why do I want to test this device? Simply put, I'm aging and my body is starting to show it. I've got a number of different ailments I'm currently attempting to remedy. I've got the classic lower back pain due to some disc issues and arthritis. I've got tennis elbow. And just an overall lack of range of motion. The past two years I've noticed a trend of me being less and less flexible. It takes me longer to recover from a workout, a round of golf, etc. I've got a knock off percussion gun from Amazon. But, it's bulky, lacks power to really get into the muscle, and is too big for me to use on my back without assistance.

I would review this a few different ways I believe. First, my current percussion gun closely resembles a Theragun competitor. Basically identical even though it's not branded. I would start by comparing them both in form and basic function. Which gun seems to get in deeper? Do I feel better after using one it the other? Which gun is easier to use to get to certain body areas?

Next, I would try to quantify the benefits. I don't have it all figured out quite yet. But, I would try to come up with categories. Using the Theragun in the morning, before golf, after golf, and before bed. Try to assign an overall wellness score, probably a 1-10 scale of how I feel for each category. To assign a baseline, I would go without the Theragun for a week, rate each category on its own the best I can. Then, compare the work Theragun to the without.

Finally, I would just share what I think of the device. Explain how I think it has or has not helped my overall wellness and more specifically, my golf game. Do I feel better through the day with this device in use? Am I able to play better golf? Or at least, do I feel better while playing golf?

And of course, I'd be there answering any questions that come up and trying to tailor my review in a way that best helps the THP community.

Even now as I type this out, I'm doing my morning stretches trying to loosen up my lower back just to make it through the work day.

As a golfer returning to the sport after a stroke and circulation problems i find warming up essential. Tho time wise this isn't alway a possibility. Id use this as a warm up and warm down. Giving specific insights into ease of use, and whether playing standard increases.

Yes, I would very much like to test a Theragun Mini. My elbow tendonitis is no joke, and have been thinking about one of these little percussive massagers for awhile now.

Well I have been critical of the theragun, maybe I'm wrong? Not only do I play golf, I also lift heavy and to help my oldest boy stay in shape for soccer I also run 2 to 3 miles 3 days a week. I do notice that my back gets stiff, not hurt but stiff especially after running. Would the threragun help that, I'm a skeptic but maybe it would. The one thing that I would be most interested in seeing is if it would help alleviate my tendinitis in both my elbows.

As I said I've been a skeptic of the device, but if chosen to test I would give it a fair and unbiased review.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have been contemplating this device for a few months now. I need something to help work out all of my muscle aches, pains, knots, etc. from working as a firefighter.

My aches and pains can relate to anyone active, and I can relate how it will help my transition from work life to golf life.

I'd love to see how one of these could help with the aches and pains after several days of golf in a row.

I'm playing at least three days a week lately, and it's taken daily yoga and monthly trips to the chiropractor to keep my body relatively pain free. It would be interesting to see if the Theragun fits into that routine.

I spend plenty of time online, and would happily jump into the review thread to share my experiences and answer questions from folks.

I want to try out the Theragun mini because I literally cannot play two days in a row anymore without feeling muscle pain and stiffness. At 59 years of age, I would love to have some very usable device that could eliminate some of this discomfort and allow me to play my best. There is no piece of golf-related equipment that I would rather try.

If I were fortunate enough to test this device, I would report daily what difference it makes. I would describe its functionality, ease of use and effectiveness. I would try it in both golf settings and other workouts. All of it I would happily report to the forum.

Back