• Players distance

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Player cavity

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • Blade

Votes: 10 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Players distance with my Cobra Forged TECs though I do have a game improvement Cobra F9 for my driving iron

I think my 919Fs are classified as players distance.🤔

I am currently playing fitted, GI, cavity backs.

However, I recently acquired a set (4-9) Hogan Apex Forged irons. I have messed around with them enough to give them a try for a few rounds of golf. I tend to hit them farther, and my dispersion is pretty good. Just need to pull the trigger.

Players distance or players cavity are both accurate I suppose (MP-18 MMC). Good fit for me. I will likely stay in that realm, plus or minus. Lately I have contemplated some additional forgiveness in longer irons and some additional playability in shorter irons. I think a combo is in my future.

Mizuno refers to the MMC as an “elite players cavity.”

GI. According to Ping, by G410s are the middle of the bell curve, between SGI and players.

Players Distance!

Love my Cobra Forged Tec Hollow Body irons - sound and performance is outstanding!

Players distance for me. I love everything about the Mavrik Pros. Perfect fit for my game.

Still rocking the Srixon Z785 players iron. So solid but with all these new releases on clubs this meme makes a lot of sense right now.
4b4ftf.jpg

I went with Players Cavity. At least that’s where I think the Mizuno MP-57 would fit.

86A31E0E-1051-4949-AD93-B2D74213CCC5.jpeg

I'm using game improvement irons. JPX919HM.

I'm using old Cobra S3 game improvement irons. I'm looking at the players distance or players cavity for my next set.

None of the above? I'm playing a players hollow body blade - the PXG 0311T - so I selected players cavity. It's no a true blade, but looks like one and has the offset and club size/blade length of some blades/full muscle backs.

I would play the new TM P770 or the P7MB. But I'm not spending $1400 for them. Those are the only new clubs I've seen that look really great to me in 2020.

Mavrik Standard, so I guess that would be classified as game improvement.

Right way facing clubs! And good looking ferrules to boot(y)
Thanks! Was the first set I did from start to finish... VERY happy with the end result!

Ap2's, so I guess they are player cavity's

I'm playing 3 of those.

Game Improvement
Player's Distance
Player's Cavity

Mine are called "ultra game improvement". So I am guessing that is the same as or similar to super.

Give me lunchbox on a stick, junk in the trunk SGI shovels.

I’m still playing the T-MBs. Are those blades or players cavity?

I am using X2 Hots. I would have said game improvement irons. What I am reading says they are distance iron in reviews from 2014. Not sure.

Player's cavity. My irons are CBs with smaller heads and more traditional lofts (47 degree PW). I like them a lot. One of the main reasons I bought them is because they are CBs that have fairly thin soles, more compact heads and most importantly, traditional lofts. I love having a set of forgiving irons that don't look like shovels and don't have jacked lofts.

I'm not sure whether mine are Player's Distance or Player's Cavity. The Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 have pretty traditional lofts, but more forgiveness than the D2's which they replaced. I'm not sure that WS makes a recent replacement anymore, either.

In any case, whether or not I should be playing these irons, I absolutely love them!

Back