CONTEST 2 FREE Any Day Tickets to the 2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open

Sox_Fan

Go Sox!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cold Temps
I won these tickets in a twitter contest by correctly picking the PGA Champion and their winning score. Due to the Covid-19 future uncertainty and since I live in the SE, I really don't want to commit to going and not be able to make it and watch the tickets go to waste.

I asked them if I could pick a friend to give them to instead and they said that was fine. So whoever in THP land feels certain they could attend this tournament and want two free tickets, please enter this contest and I will pick a winner tomorrow night (Tuesday, 8/11/20) at 10:00 ET.

I would do a contest tied to my playing golf but since the greens at my home course are being punched and sanded as I type this post, I will just do a general contest. I have number in mind between 1 and 99 so the contest is to guess that number in a post in this thread. Closest guess to that number gets the tickets.

Note: WM will require me to give them the winner's full legal name as it is shown on their drivers license. The tickets will be waiting at will call starting Wednesday of the tournament week and ID matching that name will have presented to get the tickets. The tournament is scheduled for 2/4/21 - 2/7/21.

Last edited:
Awesome gesture, @Sox_Fan! I would toss my hat in the ring, but I can't commit this far out. Plus, and this is for everyone out there that fits this category, WMPO offers free tickets to military and one guest. So, with that said, I'll bow out and wish everyone luck!

free.PNG

Wow, that would be one event I want to go to. But sadly, wouldnt be fair to you or others since I can't commit either.

Awesome of you to play it forward like this @Sox_Fan !

I live 11 miles from TPC Scottsdale. I have not attended the event yet, but hope to next year. If I I win I will definitely attend and bring a friend.

I will guess #27. For Carlton Fisk.

I won these tickets in a twitter contest by correctly picking the PGA Champion and their winning score. Due to the Covid-19 future uncertainty and since I live in the SE, I really don't want to commit to going and not be able to make it and watch the tickets go to waste.

I asked them if I could pick a friend to give them to instead and they said that was fine. So whoever in THP land feels certain they could attend this tournament and want two free tickets, please enter this contest and I will pick a winner tomorrow night (Tuesday, 8/11/20) at 10:00 ET.

I would do a contest tied to my playing golf but since the greens at my home course are being punched and sanded as I type this post, I will just do a general contest. I have number in mind between 1 and 99 so the contest is to guess that number in a post in this thread. Closest guess to that number gets the tickets.

Note: WM will require me to give them the winner's full legal name as it is shown on their drivers license. The tickets will be waiting at will call starting Wednesday of the tournament week and ID matching that name will have presented to get the tickets. The tournament is scheduled for 2/4/21 - 2/7/21.
I can't make this so won't enter but very cool of you!

Bump for the evening crowd. Where are you AZ THP group?

This would be a fun time, who knows what Feb 2021 will look like. Very cool you are paying it forward.

I would like to put my name into the sombrero. I will go with 58, the number of the late Derrick Thomas

I'll go with The Playmaker #88. Good luck, all!

Had to edit. I was too close to mtblocos number.

Very cool that your doing this. I’ll throw my hat in and take a buddy or my dad. I’ll go with 51 as that was your rounds birdies streak!

Awesome gesture, man!

This is awesome. I’ll go with a low probability guess - 18

Thanks for the offer, sorry the tourney isn't closer to your home.

Throw me in the mix. 69 got the win.

Awesome gesture! With the push back of winter sports to Jan I have to bow out as my daughter will be playing basketball.

Thanks for the opportunity sir! I will go with 39

Awesome gesture!! I’ll go with 80, because...well, I have no idea why.

Awesome giveaway! I'll guess 62 as that is the year I was born.

We're talking about a long weekend in February with couples so I would definitely be interested. I am going with 52. Because 52 is the best number there is.

Super cool gesture. Good luck everyone. Can’t make do not entering, but so cool

71.....and thank you

6 more hours to get the guesses in before I announce the winner.

Entries are closed for this contest for the tickets.

@mtbloco had the right idea but the wrong player. Future HOFer David Ortiz wore #34 so @Muchmore18 was 2 numbers closer with his guess of 39. Congrats and I will send you a PM is the next few minutes to get your full legal name to give to the WMPO folks.

Thanks to all that particiapted.

Back