PODCAST Off Course: Episode 18: Jordan Spieth’s Game

This week’s podcast made me irrationally upset at multiple items.
It’s a love/question/love relationship with @HipCheck.

You are schrodinger’s ketchup

i actually am with you on 5 guys being eh.....

not sure i'd say in n out is better as I don't think its that special (good but again, way better else where), but I am not the biggest fan of 5 guys. Id actually rather have steak n shake if we're talking major chains haha

@Nate time to add to the list

@Nate time to add to the list

Didn’t listen cause I figured what the speak would be. It’s a sexy topic right now and I get it. Till he proves the haters wrong it’s gonna be something he has to answer to. Tiger was answering the same questions when he changed instructors/swing.

Didn’t listen cause I figured what the speak would be. It’s a sexy topic right now and I get it. Till he proves the haters wrong it’s gonna be something he has to answer to. Tiger was answering the same questions when he changed instructors/swing.
Haha not really the topic but I know @Canadan loves the hater label too.

Really?

We talked about how mentally unsettled he looks around the ball (accurate based on the shuffling) and how I'd love for him to get on the CBD train so he can just relax and enjoy the game, as I think his biggest mountain to climb right now is mental. I said it's obviously early, but I want him playing like he's a 50 year old doing a victory lap.

Nothing negative from me on Spieth. I want him to succeed.

Really?

We talked about how mentally unsettled he looks around the ball (accurate based on the shuffling) and how I'd love for him to get on the CBD train so he can just relax and enjoy the game, as I think his biggest mountain to climb right now is mental. I said it's obviously early, but I want him playing like he's a 50 year old doing a victory lap.

Nothing negative from me on Spieth. I want him to succeed.

Then maybe I’ll listen now.

Then maybe I’ll listen now.
I think he's very relatable to people. Get rid of the mental madness and maybe a bit of the (arguably) whiny commentary after shots, and he's clearly more personable than some of the guys out there like BK and DJ.

He rarely doesn't entertain me when he's playing well and front/center. Go out and have some damn fun already haha

I think he's very relatable to people. Get rid of the mental madness and maybe a bit of the (arguably) whiny commentary after shots, and he's clearly more personable than some of the guys out there like BK and DJ.

He rarely doesn't entertain me when he's playing well and front/center. Go out and have some damn fun already haha
But did the mental madness help win him 3 majors.....should he get rid of it all? Here’s another question.....he was noted as one of the slow play violators a few years ago. He acknowledged it and said he was going to work on it. He’s gotten faster in his play but has it been something that has cost him strokes now?

But did the mental madness help win him 3 majors.....should he get rid of it all? Here’s another question.....he was noted as one of the slow play violators a few years ago. He acknowledged it and said he was going to work on it. He’s gotten faster in his play but has it been something that has cost him strokes now?

The last few years, he has sped up considerably, where I would say he is middle of the pack time wise. Im not sure how much you have watched lately however, but he’s gotten slower. It was all over social the last two weeks that he can’t pull the trigger and it’s upwards of 25 seconds ( video was trending on twitter) of him standing over the ball.

My preference as well. But yes, I have been outside the US a few times to a few different places, and never seen anyone eat pizza with their hands. I have never been to Italy though, so I have no idea how they do it there. .

I’ve spent quite a bit of time in Italy over the years, you walk up to a storefront to purchase a square of pizza, no one is walking around with a fork and knife

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The last few years, he has sped up considerably, where I would say he is middle of the pack time wise. Im not sure how much you have watched lately however, but he’s gotten slower. It was all over social the last two weeks that he can’t pull the trigger and it’s upwards of 25 seconds ( video was trending on twitter) of him standing over the ball.
I saw the practice one where McCormick is in the background talking to him while he's setting up and giving instruction. Didn't see one on the course. In the end, he's got all the resources in the world available to him to get himself back.

After watching a considerable amount of both the US Am and Ladies Scottish Open, Aman Gupta and Jennifer Song make Jordan's pace look lightning quick.

clap.gif

After watching a considerable amount of both the US Am and Ladies Scottish Open, Aman Gupta and Jennifer Song make Jordan's pace look lightning quick.

View attachment 8958239
Agreed. I can’t for the life of me figure out how it’s allowed. Drop penalties on each one of them and watch it start to speed up.

The ghost of Hunter Mahan’s career collapse has done Jordan in, never should have bought his house. We can only hope Patrick Reed buys it from Jordan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would imagine he was a hell of a lot more fearless back then. Hard to look at it like apples to apples.

Back