Review Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic Iron Shafts

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Earlier in the week, we debuted the THP Tech Studio and today we jump right into it.

Kinetixx Ballistic iron shafts may not be something you have seen a lot of. The brand will not be the one you see as the stock graphite option for new sets. Today we take a deep dive into the Ballastic iron shafts with testing, data and more.

In the video below, we talk about the technology in the shafts and what makes them unique. We take some swings and show you the ball flight and then we will breakdown the data and give you a summary.

What do you think about the unique look of the shafts? Thoughts on the swings taken and the data that came out of it? Would this be a shaft for you?

Continue reading...

Really enjoyed this one and @Canadan breaks down the tech well.

Have these in my G-5, great shafts constant weighting and iron specific parallel tips are interesting. The specs and cpm on these are spot on.

Looking forward to diving into this later today. I think this weight range is the direction of the future for a lot of players, and I say that as one whose recently made that weight jump myself.

I got a chance to see these in person and I loved the look. It is certainly a bit different than a conventional shaft, but I think that is a good thing. You can really see come details of the underlying material structure, which creates a raw, almost industrial look. I am a big fan of it.

I haven't seen these in person, not sure about the design itself for an iron shaft but they do seem to perform based on those numbers. I did move down to 110g this year myself. I have yet to try a lighter weight shaft other than in a driving iron but seeing them hold up well for a higher swing speed is is definitely intriguing. Also that peak height :oops:

Whooooaaaaaaaaa that peak height is crazy! Very Tour like but with everything else being perfect. Why must you make me want to try them?!

Whooooaaaaaaaaa that peak height is crazy! Very Tour like but with everything else being perfect. Why must you make me want to try them?!
Get over to Club Champion and give their lineup a good run.

Get over to Club Champion and give their lineup a good run.
God knows I will in due time. Seeing some of those numbers was great

God knows I will in due time. Seeing some of those numbers was great
the numbers surprised me, a lot. I achieved slightly higher peak height than I am used to, which could be the combination of the shaft and head profile, but the spin numbers make it absolutely perfect to play at that peak.

Only about a 500rpm variance between great strike and fadey turd strike also impressed me.

Biggest story here for me has to be the combination of spin and overall feedback during the swing. Way better than i could have imagined.

Pretty happy with what I am seeing out of these so far.
And really enjoyed the video breaking down a bit of the tech and seeing some data.

Pretty happy with what I am seeing out of these so far.
And really enjoyed the video breaking down a bit of the tech and seeing some data.
You're lucky the garage workstation was pulled apart the day before we recorded this... Your irons might have been missing shafts :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: JB
I’ll have to watch the video later at home, but right away I love the bright colours!

Played some Sim Golf using these and really just like the feel. Super stable, without being low launching is what I am after and these check all of the boxes.

what is the feel like in these shafts? I am seriously considering the jump into full graphite. But I want a little feel still.

what is the feel like in these shafts? I am seriously considering the jump into full graphite. But I want a little feel still.

Dan talks about that and as a faster speed player, you might get a sense with what he describes in the video.

Great presentation on the tech of this shaft and numbers to back it up.... I will say that @Canadan response to his shot out on the toe differs oh so slightly than that of my normal response... just saying :mad:;):p

@Canadan you stated that you typically play a hard step stiff in your irons and with the speed you generate in your swing I'm wondering what shaft weight you typically play? And, since this was a 95g shaft are you seeing even a small swing speed bump at all with what I assume is a 25g or more reduction in shaft weight?

Great video Dan! Tons of info there. I recently switched to lightweight graphite in my irons to really good success and these look like a profile I could get along with! Love the looks of these things too!

Dan talks about that and as a faster speed player, you might get a sense with what he describes in the video.

Yeah, I have not had a chance to watch just yet. But I will for sure.

@Canadan you stated that you typically play a hard step stiff in your irons and with the speed you generate in your swing I'm wondering what shaft weight you typically play? And, since this was a 95g shaft are you seeing even a small swing speed bump at all with what I assume is a 25g or more reduction in shaft weight?
Has been Tour V in stiff. Constantly trying things, but that's where I always end up. They are 110g.

Do I see a bit of a speed increase? Probably a bit. I've never really been a 130 guy though, so the change is marginal. Enough to where I felt totally comfortable from swing #1. I like a setup that is around D3 or D4 - That seems to be more important for me than anything.

Enjoying them in stiff, I felt like the ball loaded incredibly well - talked quite a bit in the video about it when you have time.

I'm trying to fathom them in x... Obviously extremely curious, but if I could get away with it I'd definitely go stiff because they held up just fine.... and it's not your father's graphite by any stretch. We've seen so many great improvements in how graphite is defined, and the durability that is introduced with these will give you plenty of what you're looking for I bet.

Enjoying them in stiff, I felt like the ball loaded incredibly well - talked quite a bit in the video about it when you have time.

I'm trying to fathom them in x... Obviously extremely curious, but if I could get away with it I'd definitely go stiff because they held up just fine.... and it's not your father's graphite by any stretch. We've seen so many great improvements in how graphite is defined, and the durability that is introduced with these will give you plenty of what you're looking for I bet.
Thanks! I am super curious about these and the MMT in the 110 and 125 X/TX flexs...

Here’s some more great info on the Kinetixx design;

in addition to vacuum curing the BALLISTIC series is the only iron shaft technology engineered and manufactured of discrete length. That’s a specially engineered mandrel for each and every length, weight, flex. Nine (9) tailored mandrels per set, per weight per flex. Imagine that in volume, but the benefit to performance in terms of the stability and feel is as articulated so purely in this piece is music to our technical hearts justifying the path that guides us here in R&D.

How cool is that?

Back