Callaway Releases B21 Irons, Hybrid and Fairway Woods

Out of this line, I have only spent time on the course with the hybrid. I know @JDax hit a few as well.

The look is fantastic in shaping. The color is so subtle, I didnt even realize it was blue until certain light hit it.

The sound and feel is nailed. A nice crack at impact, that is a bit of a throwback in hybrids honestly.

The thing is DEEP. I was hitting it past my last 3 hybrid by about 6 yards on average and straight as an arrow. For me, this was mostly a spin reduction. 4200 with my previous 3 hybrid and 3265 with this one. Although it was only a handful of swings on the GCQuad and on the course for a single round.

I will have more coming on this one soon as it relates to fighting the slice.

These clubs are not for most people reading the Forums. @Jman talks about the intended market segment. What looks horrid to most of us is great for a majority of golfers. It makes the game more enjoyable for them. They will play faster, I hope, and that benefits all of us.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity is it actually bored through or just cosmetics. What if any are the lie bending recommendations being cast and the bore spot wouldn’t believe it’s recommended.
It’s not a traditional bore through. Can be bent.

These clubs are not for most people reading the Forums. @Jman talks about the intended market segment. What looks horrid to most of us is great for a majority of golfer. It makes the game more enjoyable for them. They will play faster, I hope, and that benefits all of us.
Good points. But of course the SGI wide soles etc. aren't for every newby or higher cap, though often they are pushed as a will work for you style to that same uninformed player.

Other than both having a blue badge, I dont see the resemblence?
I owned a set of the 825s and the B21s made me think of them - nothing more.... I thought the 825s were an awesome iron at the time...

I owned a set of the 825s and the B21s made me think of them - nothing more.... I thought the 825s were an awesome iron at the time...

I thought they were too. :)

I remember some of Callaway's older SGI irons, these definitely look better. I don't think I'd personally be comfortable with the irons, but I am intrigued by putting offset in the woods. I struggle with 3Ws most of the time, this could be something to try out (I carry a driver and a bunch of hybrids atm).

I like the look and I am sure many high handicap players could use these clubs.

I gotta think going back to an inside created shaft helps in production cost to increase profit margin on these. Something golf companies need to do right now in our current economic situation.

I also wonder if these will feel heavy to swing, as they look very chunky and it was stated the longest iron blade to have more club to hit from.

Good points. But of course the SGI wide soles etc. aren't for every newby or higher cap, though often they are pushed as a will work for you style to that same uninformed player.
No I think these will help “newby and higher cap”

There’s a lot of guys that will find these strange or weird and probably guys who just started playing in the last 10 years but these were huge in the late 90s early 2000s. These aren’t exactly beginners clubs just because of the offset and you reading they help for slice. Everybody had a set of these irons back in the day.
I’d try the whole lineup, I’d probably play the whole lineup.

I could see smashing those hybrids.

Nice write up! That is a thick top section on that iron... and that 3 (I don't know if it's a hybrid or fairway) looks like the face is closed at address. Is that the draw bias or an optical illusion?

Would the B21 irons stack up against Titleist T400's, Cleveland Launcher HB's, and TEE HL4's and others like that?

Or are they completely different and it would be comparing apples to oranges... ie wide sole irons vs hollow bodied irons.

I took a couple of swings with the B21 3 Hybrid that was at THP HQ. It’s long, not Super Hybrid long but long.

The offset is a little more noticeable at address than say the Mavrik Hybrid. Callaway makes great hybrids, and this feels like a Callaway hybrid as soon as you hit it.

Nice write up! That is a thick top section on that iron... and that 3 (I don't know if it's a hybrid or fairway) looks like the face is closed at address. Is that the draw bias or an optical illusion?

Would the B21 irons stack up against Titleist T400's, Cleveland Launcher HB's, and TEE HL4's and others like that?

Or are they completely different and it would be comparing apples to oranges... ie wide sole irons vs hollow bodied irons.
Honestly, these are the most super game improvement focused clubs I’ve seen in some time.

Last edited:
There is an 8 hybrid!!!

Yes, ultra-wide soles are not for everyone - but newbs use their arms too much, not their hips and body, and when that happens, they dig. I try to say something to them, but stop myself. These will help those arm driven diggers.

Honestly, these are the must super game improvement focused clubs I’ve seen in some time.
These might be right up my alley(y)

Back