Callaway Releases B21 Irons, Hybrid and Fairway Woods

Looks-wise, to me they look like a mashup of the 2016 BB and BB OS irons. I liked the look of the 2019 BB, looked more in-line with the Apex 19

A lot of people I play with should use these clubs. I’m sure I will see a lot of sets in the bag.

Looks-wise, to me they look like a mashup of the 2016 BB and BB OS irons. I liked the look of the 2019 BB, looked more in-line with the Apex 19
A focused effort to take BB back to roots definitely happened

Yes, ultra-wide soles are not for everyone - but newbs use their arms too much, not their hips and body, and when that happens, they dig. I try to say something to them, but stop myself. These will help those arm driven diggers.
Agree. Here's where I came from personally for the SGI wide soles not necessarily for all high cappers comment to clarify for folks.

When I came back to the game a dozen years ago I had a couple off the rack SGI sets in quick succession. Went for a proper fitting in 2012 as with hand arthritis I was concerned about playing again, period. After hitting a few of my current irons off the lie board he confirmed my miss with those was low in the face. After trying a bunch of brands and combos, I still am playing the same Miuras from that fitting. They are the "forgiving" Miuras and slight offset, sure. Tried G410's in a store recently and the sole drove me nuts. I could probably benefit from some newer face tech and may consider another fitting next year. But meantime, I still love those clubs, keep them in great condition and the gapping to the rest of my set works.

Enjoying seeing them continue to use the Big Bertha name. Really like the color scheme and hopefully a lot of golfers give these a shot when looking at new clubs.

Thanks for the writeup. Were I in the market for new irons, I would definitely hit these. There is so much to like for me in these irons, especially the wide soles and the offset.

JB any pics of the FW?

Thank you sir

I love the blue, looks great

That was a great write up! Those irons look great for an SGI, they may be big but they definitely made them look a bit sleeker. I’m in desperate need of some forgiveness in a fairway wood and thinking this might finally be a solution.

Agree. Here's where I came from personally for the SGI wide soles not necessarily for all high cappers comment to clarify for folks.

When I came back to the game a dozen years ago I had a couple off the rack SGI sets in quick succession. Went for a proper fitting in 2012 as with hand arthritis I was concerned about playing again, period. After hitting a few of my current irons off the lie board he confirmed my miss with those was low in the face. After trying a bunch of brands and combos, I still am playing the same Miuras from that fitting. They are the "forgiving" Miuras and slight offset, sure. Tried G410's in a store recently and the sole drove me nuts. I could probably benefit from some newer face tech and may consider another fitting next year. But meantime, I still love those clubs, keep them in great condition and the gapping to the rest of my set works.

Have a set of PP-9003 in the garage, needing new shafts. Screwed the PW by swinging it inside and the edge hit a kettle bell. Kettle bell won.

Back to thread - I like the shallow face of the fairways - reminds me of the Ping G410.

not a fan of the LOOK of the irons (prefer the black finish) but the hybrid is definitely interesting. love my BB19 3H...no NEED to change it right now but that blue....😁

Thanks JB. How would this compare in performance to the Max fwy? Have been thinking about that one since it was announced early this year

Genuinely? I haven't hit the fairway, it arrived on Saturday afternoon, while the rest of the line came earlier.

Genuinely? I haven't hit the fairway, it arrived on Saturday afternoon, while the rest of the line came earlier.
No problem; I still think the Max will be a safe bet for me in that spot. I dread the left miss with fairways and even though that one is draw biased, this one is probably more so.

Great write up James. Love the colour to these and looks. These tick all the boxes for me. Been thinking of adding a 5 or 7 wood these would be perfect .

The only part in the looks department I could do without based on pics is the blue in the iron. Looks cheaper compared to the richer looking blue In the other clubs

Great write up @Jman! I really do like what I see in the photos. With a diminishing swing speed (sadly) I might be more of the target audience than I really want to admit.

Great writeup as ALWAYS James.

I think they managed to make this SGI line look really good, and that is something I don't feel like we always see with other OEMs, and even with Callaway in past offerings.

I am not likely the target market for these, but love to see Callaway introducing more options to help fit more golfers.

This whole line up is very impressive! The fairway woods and hybrids look tremendous. It makes want to go out and hit it!

That was a great write up! Those irons look great for an SGI, they may be big but they definitely made them look a bit sleeker. I’m in desperate need of some forgiveness in a fairway wood and thinking this might finally be a solution.

What's your approximate swing speed with the driver?

Back