Who did it best!? You be the Judge

Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
I find it interesting when two different companies walk the same track at the same time but don't really know the other is on it.

So, with that. Which of these very similar irons do you think looks best? There are some differences, but to me they are so close that if they didnt come out at the same time you could say one copied the other.

1597773816187.png

Last edited:
TM, Club looks like it has a little more heft and I prefer where they put their markings.

I like the symmetry of Honma, but the brushed look of TM

I like TM a little more in this case.

The TM markings are more subtle, therefore it wins.

I prefer the look of the Honma.

TM is way more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. It wins, hands down for me.

TM

Honma to me is better looking, but I am bias towards the brand currently.

Could just be lighting from them being different pictures but the TM looks much more modern and sleek to me while that Honma looks older for some reason. TM wins it.

TM, looks cleaner to me

I like the brushed finish and markings of the TM. If the Honma stamping was in a different place I think it would have won for me.

Taylormade

Honma for me

I hope you dont mind @NVGOLFER80 we made this post a feature on the home page under our forum section.

Good topic and I look forward to hearing what THPers have to say.

Those are very similar indeed!

I prefer the TaylorMade offering here. The brushed look always rates high in my books, and I agree that the brand/logo placement seems misplaced slightly on the Honma.

Half a mark for the Honma though for using aesthetically pleasing ferrules.

TaylorMade's looks better. I don't like the placement of the Honma logo.

I hope you dont mind @NVGOLFER80 we made this post a feature on the home page under our forum section.

Good topic and I look forward to hearing what THPers have to say.

No issue with me.

TM, Club looks like it has a little more heft and I prefer where they put their markings.

I like the looks of the TM, too, but, in reality, the Honma probably has more heft.

I am leaning TM as well. but i kinda dig the texture on the Honma. Plus looking at this photo, the muscle appears to move some with the homna from toe in the long irons to more centered in the short. maybe the TM does that as well but it is more clear on the Honma.

1597776194767.png

TaylorMade! This might be the first time I said a TM club looked better than another OEM!:oops:

TM for me

Back