Who did it best!? You be the Judge

By the pictures TM but I’m kinda partial to the Honma as far as the club goes.

I like the looks of the TM.

I think its pretty close but TM is in the lead. I should have made it a poll in retrospect.

TM looks better to me. I'd guess the Honma's are worth more or cost more... I don't know.

There must be something there for 2 different companies to have similar designs

Not being a club guru by any means, I kinda of like the Honma club. I say this because it looks like it might have more playable room on the club face. That look could be because lighter/darker picture of the two.

Then again, I'd play either one if given the chance.

Wow the similarities are pretty noticeable...I like the TM

I think I like the look of the Honma more.

I think the deciding factor for me is the Honma logo. I don't think it looks good on this iron at all. If it were a little more subtle I think the Honma would win but I have to go with TM on this one.

For those curious about price. The Honma is a solid deal.

1597779281378.png

I am leaning TM as well. but i kinda dig the texture on the Honma. Plus looking at this photo, the muscle appears to move some with the homna from toe in the long irons to more centered in the short. maybe the TM does that as well but it is more clear on the Honma.

View attachment 8958674
Aesthetically I think it gives the Honma's better balance, but functionally I don't think I'd like it as much as where it was on their previous line, and TM's new one.

Taylormade for me.

Aesthetically I think it gives the Honma's better balance, but functionally I don't think I'd like it as much as where it was on their previous line, and TM's new one.

Taylormade for me.

I like the grey of the honma and I also think it is cool that it has a "10" iron instead of a PW. That has nothing to do with looks but I find it unique. This bead blasted texture here is cool to me as well.

1597779502435.png

I like the grey of the honma and I also think it is cool that it has a "10" iron instead of a PW. That has nothing to do with looks but I find it unique. This bead blasted texture here is cool to me as well.

View attachment 8958685
haha Everyone does. Whenever I take one of my Honma sets to the course, and someone spots them, doesn't know what they are, or just wants to see what they're like, they ALWAYS reach for the 10 first. It's hilarious.

I actually don't like that texture. Looks cheaper to me, but it might wear well. The thing I love about these is the meeting point of the lines being in the middle, and the mid face line not being very wide or deep. That line is really deep on my Rose Protos and makes them look less MB/blade-like.

I'm going Honma by a very narrow margin.

The TM version looks more polished and finished to me. I prefer that version.

I'm going with TM. For some reason the HONMA irons have a hard look to them.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 4.01.44 PM.png

Not sure. I'm always leaning for more toe material, which is probably why I like the CB player profile more.

Execution though? Probably TM. I think they did a nice job.

haha Everyone does. Whenever I take one of my Honma sets to the course, and someone spots them, doesn't know what they are, or just wants to see what they're like, they ALWAYS reach for the 10 first. It's hilarious.

I actually don't like that texture. Looks cheaper to me, but it might wear well. The thing I love about these is the meeting point of the lines being in the middle, and the mid face line not being very wide or deep. That line is really deep on my Rose Protos and makes them look less MB/blade-like.

I agree with that. I think the stampings on the TM look better. The "T" on the toe pops.

I don't like the bead blast texture or the honma stamp
taylor made isnt my favorite brand either
but i do like the less is good look on the taylor made

To me, Honma has more beef centered in the sweet spot whereas TM has it more towards the toe. But I'm just a golfer and not a golf club designer.

That's tough. Honma already had a bit of this design language if I remember correctly.

Honestly, the TM looks more friendly and I kinda like the all brushed look.

I think I'm going TM. The partial brushed accent on the honma while cool ruins the symmetry of the design.

I like the grey of the honma and I also think it is cool that it has a "10" iron instead of a PW.
Ok, I like that!

100% that’s the first club I’d pick up too! I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in person.

Ok, I like that!

100% that’s the first club I’d pick up too! I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in person.

This used to be a thing with Macgregor irons. There are few other companies that did it here and there. I don't think any really ran with it further than MacGregor. I could be wrong though. That is just what I remember.

I think the TM looks a little better however given I am using some tw747v at the moment, I'll bet the Honmas feel/sound better.

Can't really say why but I like the look of the TM a little better

I like the looks of the TM, they both look good but the Honma just doesn’t quite sit well with me. That being said I’d have never thought I would have ever said TM would be winning (or top 3) in iron looks department a few years back but this year they came out swinging.

Back