PODCAST InRange Golf: Golf Unfiltered Episode 266

golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
The THP Radio Network is proud to present the Golf Unfiltered Show with Adam Fonseca. The show brings new and interesting topics and interviews from the world of golf and we are honored to have it as part of our lineup on The Hackers Paradise Podcast Network.

David Raynor is a Client Executive of InRange Golf, an exciting new product in the driving range technology space that appeals to both the serious golfer and entertainment seeker. David explains the details of InRange Golf, including how it differs from current, similar products and how InRange can help your game. David and Adam also discuss the benefits to the golf course that adds this product to their facility, especially during a time when more golfers are getting out to enjoy the game.

inrange-players-hero-header2x-2965544-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading...

I listened to this this morning and am unsure if I like it or not.
There is a passion there, which I always appreciate.

Interesting concept to partner with existing ranges rather than build a brand new network.

what kind of data does it provide - just distance? How about ball speed, apex, spin, etc?

I like it! I hit more balls into a net in my garage in a one month period than I have on the range in the last 10 years. Show me the data! I really like that they’re partnering with existing ranges and doing more than just a range and data experience. Would love to see this gain some traction stateside.

Interesting concept to partner with existing ranges rather than build a brand new network.

what kind of data does it provide - just distance? How about ball speed, apex, spin, etc?
So according to David, the software and radar provide everything but spin.

This was a good listen. There is definitely a value add for this kind of service.
Not this company, but I just used a toptracer range, and it was really neat. Lots of useful data. However, and I dont know how they can deal with it, but with some of the beat up range balls, the data is total garbage. I had some balls today that reacted the way the balls without dimples did on that video Titleist shot.

This was a good listen. There is definitely a value add for this kind of service.
Not this company, but I just used a toptracer range, and it was really neat. Lots of useful data. However, and I dont know how they can deal with it, but with some of the beat up range balls, the data is total garbage. I had some balls today that reacted the way the balls without dimples did on that video Titleist shot.

I do have a question, what is the difference between this and top tracer? Meaning why would someone use this (range wise) over that.

I do have a question, what is the difference between this and top tracer? Meaning why would someone use this (range wise) over that.
From what I could tell from the podcast, there is none. I guess it just depends on who the local range partners with.

From what I could tell from the podcast, there is none. I guess it just depends on who the local range partners with.
The main difference is how they capture the flight of the ball.

Top Tracer Range uses cameras. Inrange uses radar.

The main difference is how they capture the flight of the ball.

Top Tracer Range uses cameras. Inrange uses radar.
I guess I shouldn't listen at work.

Radar or cameras, the product doesn't shine with crap range balls.

Back