What a great review thread this is going to be!

I've been trying to decide which Theragun I'm going to get ever since the first post @JB made about the mini. I had a spinal fusion about 8-9 years ago that put me out of golf for a full year, and renovating a new (to me) house a couple years ago I messed up the discs above and below the fusion site. I pretty much live in pain constantly - the level varies from day to day. I do not want to have another fusion until it's absolutely necessary. I go to PT regularly which has kept me functional. I live with huge knots around my scapulas that really don't ever go away these days. In July I didn't play for three weeks due to back pain, and I'm pretty sure this would've allowed me to play if I had one. I think the Theragun would truly be a lifesaver for me. I would use it multiple times daily, and even take it to work. I would be extremely active on THP with my thoughts, whatever they may be. I play 2-3 times per week, so can test it before, during, and after rounds. Thanks for the opportunity THP!

Well, having just turned 41 and had been in a serious vehicle accident 21 years ago, my body, mainly my back but my legs as well, has been through a lot. I would test the mini on my entire back after my stretching. I dont really work out, at all actually. Ha! I do stretch every morning because I'm old and my body is real tight when I wake up and starts to tighten up before bed. Also, use it on my wife who was a kick boxer and has spinal fusion surgery. To see if it helps her as well. So, i would be using the mini after a round and before and after sleep. Share how it has helped me feel. How my stretching has gotten greater and the overall ease of use for hard to hit areas.

Nice video.

I'm 60 years old. Not a day goes by that I couldn't use this. After all there is only so much Advil one can take. Perfect for my son as well who is recovering from ACL surgery. Look forward to interacting with fellow THP'ers on the benefits of a Theragun mini.

These are awesome! I'm not entering as I have access to a Theragun already, good luck everyone.

I'd really like to try this device out. I've been walking more rounds this summer than I ever have, and have noticed as I get older, I'm often a little stiff and sore the next day. I'd review this on the forum by comparing how I feel after using it, to how I've felt prior (this entire summer) after rounds. I'd probably try using it both before a round to warm up a little, as well as directly after the round, and then see if that had any effects on both how I played during the round, but how my body felt after the round (immediately after, and the next day as well).

I would love to test this out. I'm mid-30s, so certainly not old, but have been tightening up after golf, a lot more than normal lately.

I've got young kids and a demanding work schedule, so I always feel rushed, including during warm ups and stretching. Based on the video, I would really like to incorporate the use of the mini into warm-ups before hitting two large buckets and post-range in order to reduce stiffness and improve how I feel.

Not only will I plan on reviewing the this before and during rounds, but I'd be open to taking questions and requests from THPers that are interested in seeing if it works for them or could solve their problems. Within reason, I will try and accommodate or try different things with it to see how well I feel it functions and then provide my feedback to the the forum.

Great stories here. Sharing the pain.

Went to the range last night for 1.5 hr. Felt like someone beat me up this morning. More of that lately. Time to do some aerobics and get some endorphins.

Last edited:
I would love the opportunity to use and review the Thera-gun mini. Since turning 45, all of the years of athletics and 25 years on the golf course, have taken their toll on my body. I find that my recovery from a good workout of even walking 18 holes is taking more than twice as long as before. I’ve tried everything from hot/cold baths, massage and yoga with little results — the end resumt being shorter, less intense workouts and more time off between rounds of golf.

My intention is to review the product after my long days at work, in the car, in the gym and on the course after rounds and practice sessions. I’m curious to know if it will help my recovery and also if it increases my athletic stamina. If it could do that, even a little bit, would be a game changer for me and allow me to play this great game into my 70’s-80’s.

Thank you for opportunity to review and share.

I'd love to try this out. As I've gotten older, I've found that recovery from anything be it golf or other activities isn't as fast as I'd like it to be & something like this device is definitely one of the options I've been looking at. I've also been recovering from some back issues and have a significant amount of tightness that I'm slowly working out.

Testing for me would be pre & post round use, as well as incorporation of this into me working on my upper back as I try to move past this for good. This would include feedback, progress updates and answering whatever questions I can.

I would love to test one of these out- I've seen them on a lot of workout and chiropractic videos. As an older golfer, I would be very interested to see how this improves my life which includes almost daily aches and pains.

I would be able to post just about daily in the forums, as well as on my golf social media. (golfindy.info, golflocal.info, golfthebay.info, etc.). I will be able to use it in a variety of conditions, as I am on my feet al day for work, running a lot on the weekends refereeing soccer and, of course, on the golf course.

I would love to test one of these out- I've seen them on a lot of workout and chiropractic videos. As an older golfer, I would be very interested to see how this improves my life which includes almost daily aches and pains.

I would be able to post just about daily in the forums, as well as on my golf social media. (golfindy.info, golflocal.info, golfthebay.info, etc.). I will be able to use it in a variety of conditions, as I am on my feet al day for work, running a lot on the weekends refereeing soccer and, of course, on the golf course.

This is me BTW. Just wasn't logged in to the forums and entered on the article.

Reactions: JB
I would love to test this out. I struggle with back pain and stiffness that can cause havik on my swing at times. I am also a Physical Therapist and TPI certified so would also love to review based on professional experience and possibly use on clients and other golfers I am working with.

I have tried other products in the past and would love to see how this compared in sound, depth and ease of use vs some other models. The intriguing part of this would be the portability and use as a warm up device on the range or in the parking lot. I harp on my clients a lot about not warming up properly prior to their rounds and I could see this as a good tool for that.

I would be happy to share my experience and knowledge with the forum both personally and professionally. Thanks for the opportunity!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

This would be interesting to put into my golf and daily routine.
During the season for golf I’m usually right out of the car into my league matches with very short warm up time so this would do well with muscles and joints to get ready quickly for matches then also allow a nice relief for after matches to help with aches and pain. At home after work would again be a great relaxer of pain during the work day after rolling around and working on large machinery, My wife would love this also to help her with aches and pain of her knees and back problems she’s been having. Would review it on the Forum with photos and explanation of use and maybe this old man could do a video if I could figure it out our even hold it steady from shaking to show its use.
Thanks for the chance.

I want to try out the Theragun Mini because getting old sucks! Looking through the thread there are way too many of us that hurt. I'll use the mini and share the honest results of pre round, post round, getting up, going to bed and just if it benefits the basic dragging my a$$ off the couch.

Great opportunity thanks!

As someone who has lower back issues, I'm currently using a cheaper alternative to help loosen my lower back daily. If chosen my plan would be to review it from not only how it helps me before/after rounds or range sessions, but also on how it helps my lower back after a long day of work.
Lower back pain sucks! I used to never get back pain while playing golf...😕

I told the wife about this one, and she is rooting for me to make the list big time! (y)

I told the wife about this one, and she is rooting for me to make the list big time! (y)

Funnily enough so is mine, first time ever :rofl:

This entire week as my body is sore I keep thinking about this device and that video doesn't help! It seriously could be a game changer

Nice video.

I'm 60 years old. Not a day goes by that I couldn't use this. After all there is only so much Advil one can take. Perfect for my son as well who is recovering from ACL surgery. Look forward to interacting with fellow THP'ers on the benefits of a Theragun mini.

You are singing my song, my friend. I turn 60 in December and it seems like some part of my body is always sore now. If I play two days in a row, I definitely feel it.

The first time I saw one of these was at my sports chiropractor in Phoenix. He'd use it primarily on my hamstrings and told me that mine were the tightest he's ever seen in his practice. I have to say that I improved dramatically between stretches with the application of the Theragun on my hamstrings.

I stretch every day, use a foam roller and a hard roller on my back and legs. All I hope to be able to do is complete 18 holes before my back siezes up...

I also work from a home office where I tend to get into bad posture during the day; at the end of the day I'm stiff and sore and need to stretch again.

If I had the opportunity to use and review the Theragun Mini, I'd follow a prescribed regimen and be able to post a daily review on THP. I'd also provide both quantitative and qualitative feedback on the results I would experience. Thanks for the contest THP - this is a good one!

To be honest, I saw the post and thought I’d pass since I’m still relatively young and would let someone older than me get the opportunity to try out the product. But I was curious enough to watch the video and when I saw Collin as the spokesperson, I quickly realized I could very much still benefit from it. As someone who recently started a full time office job and is starting to see my body change (that’s sounds bad...) as I get older, I think, actually I know that the theragun would be perfect to keep me in playing shape the rest of my life. I would love to keep people updated on the day to day effects of using the theragun mini on and off the course. As someone who rarely stretches and warms up, I’m super excited to see the difference it makes! Thanks for the potential opportunity!

I've been dealing with back and knee pain the last few years, and have seen an improvement in how I feel after using a foam roller, stretching, and doing some strength training, but I still deal with soreness and pain. I make it a point to stretch everyday and try to get up and move while I work because I am at a desk 8 to 10 hours at a time.

In terms of testing, I would use it daily. Whether to help throughout the day at work or before a workout, I would use it even if I am not playing golf. Before playing or practicing, the Theragun would be used to help me get loose before swinging and in addition to my stretching. I try to stretch after my rounds. I have noticed my knees are sore when I walk and I think it's due to hills at my course. I would definitely be using the theragun after those rounds to see if it can help minimize the pain.

Alright,

I saw this post immediately and had a few initial thoughts... I'm too prideful, I'm too new to be selected, sob story blah blah - not my style....
But after reading the responses on here, I wanted to share my story. My golf partner told me it might help others even though I'm kinda the one asking for help in theory here. I'll try to make it as brief as possible.

* 33 Y/O male
* 3 years ago thanksgiving, rear ended while at a dead stop by a new driver. Major neck and back damage.
* Lost my accomplished job due to this (traveled 24/7)

* No physical activity allowed for 2+ years, injections forced by insurance to keep my chiropractic care active, surgery continually denied yet their insistence in order to progress my case. So much of my problem became muscular due to extreme spasm that my chiro advised massage and treatment as the way to break through, but I could not afford the massage portion of treatment, insurance would require my payment upfront and they could potentially award me payment after. Since I lost my job I couldn't do so.

* My chiropractor is amazing and I trust him to the fullest, he believed (which was confirmed by doctors when I went to my consultations) that the surgeries they wanted to perform would literally be useless in as little as 2 years due to my age and ability to regenerate. Essentially they wanted to sever nerves because they couldn't fix the pain, so the solution would be to make it not possible to feel it and the nerves would regenerate, id need the procedure again. crazy to me.

* Continued to go to the chiropractor 3 times a week for treatment until they forced me to settle due to the refusal of surgeries. At this point my chiropractor told me I had one option.. Fight through it and recommended one of these machines. I started daily yoga and stretching programs - feared I lost golf for good though...

* Covid hits, lost job since March due to that, I decide the only thing that will keep me sane is golf and for the most part its going AMAZING. I make sure to stretch for about 30 mins - an hour before the course and another 20-30 before first tee. Its always a tight start but I get there pretty good. This motivation has gotten me to unload all the extra stuff I've collected over the years that isn't a necessity and a buddy hooked me up with an amazing discount and let me redo my bag. This is the ONE item I feel I truly need that I cannot afford.

* Yesterday is the third time so far I've had a prebooked tee time with some friends, but could not shake the stiffness. If I didn't force myself b/c I paid and I'm also determined to no longer suffer from this, I would've never played but I'm glad I did.. bad front 9, great back 9.

* I believe not only would one of these change my daily life as did my chiro, it would allow me to continually progress on getting golf back I my life consistently and let me truly continue to get the joy out of life its brought me throughout covid and a tough time, in the constant future.

*I can easily report back, I have 20K followers on instagram to help with exposure, and will play about 8-10 rounds in the 30 day period and all 30 days when I stretch.

Thanks for consideration and the opportunity, this is the exact type of device I need.

-Andretti

Last edited:
Thanks for consideration and the opportunity, this is the exact type of device I need.

-Andretti
The testers have already been selected for this one. :drinks:

Back