PODCAST Off Course: Episode 19: Equipment Brands Re-Emerge

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show including discussing some fun topics including Adams Golf coming back. Asking the question, what were their best clubs? Hosted by Dan Edwards and Rob Miller, each Friday the hosts give you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before.

1-10-1024x692.jpg

Episode 19 is here and Dan and Rob discuss the following topics.

Adams Golf Best Clubs?Rob Has an Injury StoryFedEx Cup Playoffs Begin

Podcast:

[url=https://www.thehackersparadise.com/best-adams-clubs-ever/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely laughed out loud at the premise of the intern putting in a bad date in the social media scheduler.

To answer @HipCheck question, yes product is flying off the shelves including two of the largest retailers having back to back record setting months for their history.

haha, the great Adams Golf conspiracy theories.

I had talked with my local store about business last month and they said they were absolutely crushing it from a sales perspective. Didn't have any sort of data so didn't challenge Rob's claims, but I was pretty sure golf was doing well from a sales aspect.

I'm glad product is "flying off the shelves." I want Adams back. Let's hope they do it right.
drake_adams.jpg

@HipCheck I’ve been there. Tore up my surgically repaired left knee (medial meniscus) on the course a long time ago. It was actually a great shot, but I walked right off the course. I was on vacation, so we found an urgent care clinic and I got an MRI that weekend. Sorry you had to join the club :( we won’t talk about my other golf injuries.

@HipCheck I’ve been there. Tore up my surgically repaired left knee (medial meniscus) on the course a long time ago. It was actually a great shot, but I walked right off the course. I was on vacation, so we found an urgent care clinic and I got an MRI that weekend. Sorry you had to join the club :( we won’t talk about my other golf injuries.
Ain't that the truth..

We definitely tried to keep it light on the podcast, but it absolutely sucks for anyone to go down that way.

Thanks man. Post-pandemic (well, post lockdown)I believe everything is backed up. The first appt. they shot out was 9pm, because they're open til 11pm each day to accommodate. It's nuts.

Thanks man. Post-pandemic (well, post lockdown)I believe everything is backed up. The first appt. they shot out was 9pm, because they're open til 11pm each day to accommodate. It's nuts.
That’s crazy! The doc that did my three knee surgeries joined the club my parents belong to shortly after. Gotta get in the procedures to pay those dues! The first time I had knee surgery, I tore it in August during football/soccer season and had to hobble around until I could have surgery in October! I actually continued to play golf, but that was my right knee.

So many questions about Adams! I feel like you only get one chance to make a proper comeback. Ben Hogan has done a great job, will Adams follow the DTC model? What will their focus or niche be and what geographic market will they target?

Listening to this one while on the course (y)

Rob’s Romeo impression was spot on!

Hope Adams makes a comeback.......loved my Idea MB2 irons...should have never sold them:mad:

I enjoyed the Adams player type irons. Super easy to hit in such a good looking package. Before others were doing it haha.

A7 hybrid.
Pro Gold hybrid.

I enjoyed the Adams player type irons. Super easy to hit in such a good looking package. Before others were doing it haha.
C...M...B...

Those things are still so appealing.

Back