Should Golf Have a Dress Code?

No, I don't know that much about you, but from the basis of the point you made in this particular post , it comes across as a little bit rebellious and callus.
Again, assumptions...Though I definitely have many a callus on my hands from golf.

I thank God I don’t let what others choose to wear to golf bother me so much. That CALLOUS nature is why so many view this game as stuffy and non-inclusive. Golf is fun, and if one is following the rules of where they are playing, then embrace someone enjoying this great game, why is that so difficult for so many?

Or maybe, just maybe, he was just playing loose and having a little fun.
Oh stop it. No fun allowed unless it’s a collar buttoned to the top dammit! ;)

Oh stop it. No fun allowed unless it’s a collar buttoned to the top dammit! ;)
brb dressing casual today...

index.jpg

Again, assumptions...Though I definitely have many a callus on my hands from golf.

I thank God I don’t let what others choose to wear to golf bother me so much. That CALLOUS nature is why so many view this game as stuffy and non-inclusive. Golf is fun, and if one is following the rules of where they are playing, then embrace someone enjoying this great game, why is that so difficult for so many?
I don't have any difficulty with what you are saying in this post, which has a much different context than in the previous post I actually agree with all you say. I too like to go casual, and with my shirt untucked when appropriate, but I also enjoy dressing for private course/tournament settings. Firstpost says "I'm going to do what I want to do, sue me", second post expresses a respectful description of what you really think, along with thanking God! Quite a contrast.

I'm trying to put my best foot forward wherever I go. What the hell? Don't lower the bar.
Isn't it crazy looking back at old baseball games and seeing everyone in a 3 piece suit, tie, and hat? (And very few, if any women.)
Even if you didn't have money, you still tried to look the part, and most pulled it off VERY nicely.
Clothing was more important in a lot of ways. Then it was suits. Now, everywhere I go, its black gym shorts and a grey t-shirt. Yoga for the women. :LOL:
I dunno where we're headed... o_O

This may seem contrary when I say "just dress for the course" in other posts supporting inclusion, but like many say, go to Kohls or whereever and no one cares what brand your $10 polyester polo is from the $85 one from the golf big box. :LOL:
Watch the local pro shop end of season and support your course. Lots of apparel that I got on proshop closeout that is nice. I like the course logos on the shirts too at no cost and deeply discounted no less! Sometimes the colors are a little wonky by the end of the season, so be BOLD! :love:

Last edited:
My wife actually commented on how she liked my "nice" cloths when I play private clubs with friends, so I took that as the ok to up my wardrobe game a little.

😎

so simple to wear comfortable and stylish clothing which doesn't necessarily have to be expensive - so no excuse to turn up looking like you just got home from a drunken night out

My wife actually commented on how she liked my "nice" cloths when I play private clubs with friends, so I took that as the ok to up my wardrobe game a little.

😎
My wife says I dress better for golf than I do for anything else. 😆 She’s not wrong - any other time, I consider a collared shirt and anything but shorts or jeans to be overdressed.

My wife says I dress better for golf than I do for anything else. 😆 She’s not wrong - any other time, I consider a collared shirt and anything but shorts or jeans to be overdressed.
Yeah, I get to wear pajamas (scrubs) at work.

Best part is, they're the hospitals, so no doing laundry.

so simple to wear comfortable and stylish clothing which doesn't necessarily have to be expensive - so no excuse to turn up looking like you just got home from a drunken night out
Absolutely!

The funny thing is, how many occassions in life do we get dressed to the nines and THEN get drunk like a wedding reception. :ROFLMAO:
I probably look my best when I'm up to my worst. Golf excluded, of course. ;)

Back