Tour Event Contest: 2020 Northern Trust Sponsored by Golf Pride Grips

Tiger just took driver off the deck. Going all in today.

Well it was fun while it lasted. Tiger shot himself in foot with a terrible double cross on off the tee on 8.

Tiger still workin' on the low round of the day. If he keeps it up, his low round might just hold up after the leaders hit the course.

Tiger still workin' on the low round of the day. If he keeps it up, his low round might just hold up after the leaders hit the course.

That was the best 9 holes he’s had all week. He really has to find a way to be more consistent with his game early in the week and he will be in contention again

Needs another 9 like that to get any significant FedEx Cup points this week.

Needs another 9 like that to get any significant FedEx Cup points this week.

I doubt he really, really cares about FedEx Cup points. He's out there now to get "reps" and tournament rounds in before the US Open. Tiger has rarely been crazy low early in tournaments. With his age and physical ailments, though, he can't afford to be so lackadaisical early any longer. He's gotta be controlled aggressive from the beginning.

I doubt he really, really cares about FedEx Cup points. He's out there now to get "reps" and tournament rounds in before the US Open. Tiger has rarely been crazy low early in tournaments. With his age and physical ailments, though, he can't afford to be so lackadaisical early any longer. He's gotta be controlled aggressive from the beginning.

I still think a part of him is saying “I’m Tiger freaking Woods” and doesn’t want to be eliminated from the fedex cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think a part of him is saying “I’m Tiger freaking Woods” and doesn’t want to be eliminated from the fedex cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno. I think he's accepted his physical limitations and realizes that 4 out of 5 weeks is gonna be tough. With the US Open being the last of that run, I think he'd be fine missing the Tour Championship... especially with the stupid setup now where he'd start out 10 shots back (most likely). I think there's a slight chance he plays next week to see where he positions himself, but if he's not able to get within 5 shots or so at the start of the Tour Championship, he W/Ds to save the back for the US Open. He's not stupid. He knows that the Majors are far more important than that tournament and, honestly, $10M doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot to him anymore either.

If he wasn't trying to get into the Tour Championship he would have just skipped this week and played the BMW as his US Open prep.

If he wasn't trying to get into the Tour Championship he would have just skipped this week and played the BMW as his US Open prep.

I know what you're saying. I think with a really good showing this week, he may have pushed it, but he's probably adjusting his plans and he realizes the TC might be out of reach now. I could be wrong. I just hope he doesn't kill his chances playing tournaments that don't matter.

I know what you're saying. I think with a really good showing this week, he may have pushed it, but he's probably adjusting his plans and he realizes the TC might be out of reach now. I could be wrong. I just hope he doesn't kill his chances playing tournaments that don't matter.
Yea it'll work itself out. He's gonna need a top 5 next week I'm guessing. He's obviously not going to let up if he's in the hunt for the win.

Yea it'll work itself out. He's gonna need a top 5 next week I'm guessing. He's obviously not going to let up if he's in the hunt for the win.

Yeah, but realistically, with the new stupid setup, 10 back at the start isn't really in the hunt. I think he knows that.

Yeah, but realistically, with the new stupid setup, 10 back at the start isn't really in the hunt. I think he knows that.
Right, I just meant in the hunt at the BMW. I don't think starting 10 back at the Tour Championship is very appealing, but you know with how competitive he is, he hates to sit out, or especially not qualify, for the big events.

Great seeing Tiger finally put a good together.

Right, I just meant in the hunt at the BMW. I don't think starting 10 back at the Tour Championship is very appealing, but you know with how competitive he is, he hates to sit out, or especially not qualify, for the big events.
I’m just viewing this all as a build up to the masters for Tiger. More competitive rounds gets him ready for the big one.

Man, Tiger just a little too rusty around the greens.

Not a great chip there for Tiger; the bump didn’t quite kill it like he thought it would

Man, Tiger just a little too rusty around the greens.

yeah, his short game hasn’t been very good except for some bunker shots. In the grass ... no bueno

Oh rickie...

yeah, his short game hasn’t been very good except for some bunker shots. In the grass ... no bueno
I get that the lies are pretty tight around those greens but I was surprised he never really tried to lob anything over those mounds this week. Everything was low and running and seemed to leave a lot of room for error with all the undulation.

-5 on the front and 9 pars on the back. Wow...

When do we put Hovland in the 59 Watch thread?

Shelton!

Fleetwood not enjoying this hole

Back