What's for Dinner?

I know it's summer time but was craving some chili. Have it simmering on the stove now. Like to use Bison but only had some ground turkey handy. Smells so good in my kitchen right now!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Indian takeaway tonight

I know it's summer time but was craving some chili. Have it simmering on the stove now. Like to use Bison but only had some ground turkey handy. Smells so good in my kitchen right now!

I've been looking for some good bison for a while. Is there a particular brand that you are able to get?
I think we have a herd/farm not that far away, so I might have to go that route....
was just asking a neighbor a day ago if he knew of a good bison source when talking grilling. :love:

I've been looking for some good bison for a while. Is there a particular brand that you are able to get?
I think we have a herd/farm not that far away, so I might have to go that route....
was just asking a neighbor a day ago if he knew of a good bison source when talking grilling. :love:
Shoot I forget the brand. I'm in Georgia so usually shop Publix or Whole foods. Both carry a pre packaged ground Bison. I think the brands are different at each. Might be Maverick at Publix.

Been lax with updates.
Chicken wraps. Tacos. Pizza. Chow Mein. Burgers. lots of fruits and veggies.
Had to kinda take a day off yesterday I had been eating so well. :p

Shoot I forget the brand. I'm in Georgia so usually shop Publix or Whole foods. Both carry a pre packaged ground Bison. I think the brands are different at each. Might be Maverick at Publix.
There are a couple brands here two at the close groceries. I'd have to see them again. I know one is "Tender Bison." That was good, but I think it's up to $12.99/lb now. :eek: The other is out of CO area processing plant and is sold to Aldis and others. That one has a lot of blood in the package and doesn't appeal anymore. Not for some time. Maverick sounds familiar for some reason, but haven't seen that one here. Whole foods is on the other side of town. (y)

Going to make some chorizo tacos this evening.

Grilling some shrimp tonight. Not sure what style yet...

All right, think I figured it out. Garlic honey & Gochujang marinade. Have some ripe tomatoes out of the garden. Wife want brushetta with feta too...

Last edited:
Wagyu Filets from Kansas City Steak Co, Au Gratin Potatoes, Green Beans with diced tomatoes and bacon and a few bottles of red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wagyu Filets from Kansas City Steak Co, Au Gratin Potatoes, Green Beans with diced tomatoes and bacon and a few bottles of red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How were they? I’ve almost pulled the trigger on ordering these from them before.

Homemade cheese pizza is on the agenda for tonight.

Pasta Carbornara tonight

Wife made some delicious bbq pulled chicken over the weekend, so I'm thinking bbq pulled chicken nachos are in order tonight.

It will be a repeat tonight of last night. I cooked a tri-tip and served it on the Hawaiian Sweet rolls with caramelized onions, avocado slices, and a green chili aioli served with grilled zucchini . It turned out really good so I'll do that again tonight as I have left over onions and sauce.

Attachments

• C69F64D4-5508-4042-A29D-1F06F128B45E.jpeg
    C69F64D4-5508-4042-A29D-1F06F128B45E.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 4

I'm a Chili year round kind of guy myself.

Sausage, eggs & bacon (brinner)

Made a beef stew tonight that had good flavor but the meat was still tough after 1.5 of cooking on medium and a quick searing to get it started?
Kinda disappointed as it took some effort and mom gave NO indication she appreciated the effort. Such is life sometimes. :ROFLMAO:

Sal’s by Victor Baked Ziti, Chicken Parm, stuffed shells and Garlic Nots

Delicious hashbrown casserole that my wife made.

Brinner again.. I'm getting lazy /boring with my meals lately

Pizza night for some time off after lots of kitchen clean up today. No mas! No mas!
Last night grilled up some seasoned chicken and made excellent sandwiches w/ lettuce tomato sour cream mustard butter, along with chips and vanilla haggen daz with fresh cherries.
I think tomorrow will be tacos to use up the other half of this ground beef and then on to grillin up some chicken thighs? Lunch and dinner set?
I need to cut the grass tomorrow which is about knee high in places, so lots of fuel needed! o_O:LOL:

Wife making Mexican stew tonight. I don't know I have never had it before.
Sounds delicious. My Wife makes a taco soup that is awesome as well.

Back