2020 Better You Fitness Thread

I've been down at goal weight now for a bit. Hovering around 165 lbs. Continuing my running. Goal is 10k in 48 minutes. Run last week I hit 48:29.

Continuing on my journey for 2020
Diet, due to WFH, has been very good. Healthier meals and snacks overall. Less someone brought in donuts just because, so I eat 3 during the day. Also, been getting in a lot more dumbbell workouts during the day. Feeling better than I have in a while. Slacked on yoga a bit, and I'm feeling it. Tight shoulders and neck more often. Need to get back in the routine.

Been stuck at home, so have been doing fitness in between household stuff. Work on top of work has me pretty lean and mean.
Did my PT routine yesterday and 100 crunches, which I hadn't done in forever. I'm as close to remission on my crohn's as I have been in a long time. Sit ups and crohns are not always simpatico, so that is huge! My arthritis is down as well so added some light weight work to try to get stronger.
I always have to stretch just to keep moving in life. :ROFLMAO:(y)Got my walk in tonight, and included a low cal adult beverage.
Brooks Koepka "only if you can enjoy it" approach. (y):love:

My goals don't apply to many in here I'm sure, but I've been really happy the last few days to be back to pigging out. Not taking much in, and then being stuck on small amounts of rice, bananas, and yogurt for a while there stripped 15 lbs off real fast. It's been awesome to get some meat back in and get back to the same 10RMs I was at before getting sick. Still down 7 or 8 lbs, but having the strength back quickly is encouraging. Hoping to get through this busy week without backtracking, get home, and get back on a normal meal plan.

I've been down at goal weight now for a bit. Hovering around 165 lbs. Continuing my running. Goal is 10k in 48 minutes. Run last week I hit 48:29.
That's a great time for a 10K Mark!!

Time to get serious about my fitness as I add another year in age this week.
Focused on toning up a bit and losing 20lbs by the end of the year. Started a new regimen yesterday & so far my legs feel like jello!!!

5.5k run this evening, been a pretty lazy week so far :oops: so had to make up for it

5.5k run this evening, been a pretty lazy week so far :oops: so had to make up for it
Did you feel well rested on the run, or did it feel like you took the week off?

Did you feel well rested on the run, or did it feel like you took the week off?

Like I took the week off, legs didn't really want to move

Last time I had a week or so off I felt really good the next time out, but not this time. Strange

Like I took the week off, legs didn't really want to move

Last time I had a week or so off I felt really good the next time out, but not this time. Strange
Sometimes when I take time off, I'll feel terrible the first mile, then really good the rest of the run. Mind you, I've been taking the last year or so off from running, so next time who knows what to expect.

Headed to the range soon.. Tweaked my back last weekend so I'm taking it easy this week

Started a new programming structure for my bench press tonight. I was even able to press overhead, it didn't piss off my elbow at all, which is good. Did some bodybuilder dumbbell shoulder stuff because...big shoulders are cool.

255, 3x5
145x8, 125x12
20, 3x12

Easy night in the gym. Deadlifts, safety bar squats, bent over rows, and lat pulldowns. Got to shoot the shít and train. Was nice.

Got back at it yesterday. Been walking a lot, actually dropped a few pounds. However I had not done any lifting for about a month. Work has been crazy busy and I got a bit lazy. It’s frustrating how quickly the fitness disappears at my age. Good news is it generally comes back pretty quickly if I stick with it.

Lost another couple of pounds.. I've been steadily moving in a good direction!

Still holding pretty steady at about 55 pounds down from my heaviest and almost 40 since 04/01.

I’ve finally regained enough of an appetite to eat some so I focused on maintaining in August and I’ll get busy again in September. Would like to get within 10 pounds of my long term goal now in 2020. This year sucks so I figured I might as use it to get better. So another 10 pounds this year will be just about right and will set me up for success in 2021.

Of interesting note, all the medical stuff that popped up because of my weight, is now gone. I took RX Prilosec for over 15 years, don’t even need it anymore. Used to be miserable if I missed a dose or two. Also have been able to stop taking two BP medicines and my sleep apnea is much improved.

Of interesting note, all the medical stuff that popped up because of my weight, is now gone. I took RX Prilosec for over 15 years, don’t even need it anymore. Used to be miserable if I missed a dose or two. Also have been able to stop taking two BP medicines and my sleep apnea is much improved.
I got those results from giving up whiskey. ;)

I got those results from giving up whiskey. ;)

Oh we aren’t going that far, lol.

That said I’ll often trade out having dinner for having an Imperial Stout or two. They’re thick enough I figure it’s a good dinner.

Too much liquid diet last night for me. (n):coffee::coffee::coffee:
Took a couple days off to rest the lower back after too much yardwork. Something is angry down there. I hate foot cramps!! o_O
Re-gripped a couple clubs for fun after I did some stretches yesterday. (y)
Today is grocery shopping. Good food for golf fuel and more work for me. Yeah! :ROFLMAO:

Did a bunch of core today at work with the resistance bands. Just hit the weights for some legs and arms. Good day.

Did shoulders and a Planemate workout. I’m a bit sore frim what i did to my core the past couple days.

Was dragging a little at the gym today. Had played already, and I don't think sleeping (not actually sleeping) on a teenagers soft bed is helping anything. Going to have to spend the next couple days in the crawlspace, and the attic, so going to focus on injury maintenance workouts and lay off the club swinging a bit. Guarded swing today kind of screwed with my back. Life over golf the rest of the week.

About 3 miles in before dinner. I've been eating well and need it.

Got a good workout in tonight. Been on a bit of a roll this week. Hope I can play decent this week after all these workouts. Today’s was a light strict form session. Feels good to be back at it.

I'm chasing myself. Contemplating running another marathon next April. Just trying to get through the summer with some base miles. If I can get 50 in July, I'll try to get back to the 70 range (I did 67.4 in May) for August and then start with some real miles in Sept/Oct time frame.

Didn’t come across this until today. That’s some decent mileage. Hope you are able to make it to your goal marathon.

Back