New Srixon SOFT FEEL Golf Balls

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Today Srixon unveils the latest update to one of their more popular golf balls. No, this isn’t about the Z-star line. Instead, the focus is squarely placed on the newest version of the Soft Feel

1-11-1024x692.jpg

“This is our 12th generation SOFT FEEL golf ball, putting us at the forefront of the low-compression distance ball category,” said Brian Schielke, Marketing Director at Srixon. “With this new model, we’re excited to give golfers our longest SOFT FEEL to date, in a ball that maintains the signature feel golfers expect from a SOFT FEEL.”

With this Soft Feel release, Srixon has completed its phasing out of the Energetic Gradient Growth Core in favor of their more modern FastLayer Core. This move is not surprising at all as we’ve seen...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine this ball being well worth a try for the majority of amateur golfers.

Nice writeup I think Srixon makes some of the best balls for your money. Having played these a few times they are a little too soft for my liking but I am curious to see some updates on how the new ball affects greenside spin.

Different core, same ionomer cover? What’s the compression 71?
It just bothers me when any company won’t come out and just tell you numbers, like why do I gotta search for them? Just put them on the damn box!

It just bothers me when any company won’t come out and just tell you numbers, like why do I gotta search for them? Just put them on the damn box!

I can actually answer this as it is something I have discussed with most companies. Not everybody measures it the same way. So one company's 65 could be another's 71, etc.

• Staff

like JB said, not everyone measures it the same. The lack of industry standard on some things is just annoying.
Now the interesting on the box, for the mens ball it says for all swing speeds. For the ladies version, it says for swing speeds under 90mph.

I've tried the Soft Feel when I was looking into the colored ball thing, pretty nice for a two piece ball.

• Staff
I've tried the Soft Feel when I was looking into the colored ball thing, pretty nice for a two piece ball.

It's a really good two-piece option. Soft Feel for me has just always been a steady, dependable release.

Soft Feel doesn't get a lot of accolades on internet forums, but it continues to be a very good seller (and ball) for golfers. To give you some perspective.

In the latest Off Course sales, it outsells popular models

e6: nearly two to one.
Project S: Nearly four to one
Duo Soft: Over two to one
Tour Soft: nearly two to one

My son loves the wild color options available from Srixon. At the rate he loses balls I love the frequent BOGO opportunities.

I'm sure the success of this ball is a big part of this stat. I enjoy the matte red version from the times I've played it.

I'm sure the success of this ball is a big part of this stat. I enjoy the matte red version from the times I've played it.

Is market share measured as volume of units sold? If so my guess is the BOGOs play a massive role in this.

Is market share measured as volume of units sold? If so my guess is the BOGOs play a massive role in this.

Both. There are actually two separate columns.
Unit share they are way up, but they are up in both actually.
Important to note that Titleist, Bridgestone and TaylorMade had promos at similar times (I dont think Callaway did).
Although their BOGO deal was pretty unique rather than Buy Three get One.

I can actually answer this as it is something I have discussed with most companies. Not everybody measures it the same way. So one company's 65 could be another's 71, etc.
JB - the real question is “how do they feel coming off the face of the ZX5 irons?”

JB - the real question is “how do they feel coming off the face of the ZX5 irons?”

Don't know, I don't have those irons yet. North America will be many months away.

Translation - it goes 1 yard farther than the previous model.

maybe? I'll be able to grab some data here in the coming days. Still have some of the 11th gen.

as a fan of the soft feels, i will definitely be trying these out

Next time these are on a promo I will be picking some up to try

like JB said, not everyone measures it the same. The lack of industry standard on some things is just annoying.
Now the interesting on the box, for the mens ball it says for all swing speeds. For the ladies version, it says for swing speeds under 90mph.
see i thought i read something somewhere to thee effect of mens, if your under 110 swing speed.
now, most and id say most regular joes/amatures/weekend golfers have way under 110.
so i dont know if srixon should go as far as to say all swing speeds.

see i thought i read something somewhere to thee effect of mens, if your under 110 swing speed.
now, most and id say most regular joes/amatures/weekend golfers have way under 110.
so i dont know if srixon should go as far as to say all swing speeds.

you might have, I'm not here to dispute that. I'm just relaying what is on the two boxes in front of me.

you might have, I'm not here to dispute that. I'm just relaying what is on the two boxes in front of me.
yeah no i understand, i get what your saying.

Only have a few, but hit them in the sim today and came away pretty darn impressed. Only hit driver, so what I can tell you is it is low spin off the tee. Good speed and feels pretty darn good.

I played the Soft Feel quite a few gens ago and always had good luck with it. The green side performance isn't the best but I will test to see if it has improved. Good quality ball at a great price.

My lad uses the soft feels so I suspect some of these will be in his bag soon enough

Back