Review Big Max Dri Lite Hybrid and Dri Lite Sport Golf Bag Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Big Max is not a name that you immediately think of in the US when it comes to golf bags and push carts, yet they remain Europe’s top selling push cart manufacturer going on 20 years. Global expansion is in their sites and with their latest products you get a sense that they are ready for that push.

The company launched in the US back in 2014, with their Blade push cart and the reviews were stellar across the board. Since that time, they have brought a number of new carts and bags out and continue to push the envelope for quality and innovation.

In this article we are focusing on two of their latest golf bags, the DRI LITE SPORT and the DRI LITE HYBRID.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I will be ordering one of these bags.

Big Max makes great quality products. I came away thoroughly impressed when I reviewed the Blade push cart.

• Admin
I will be ordering one of these bags.

They are very well done. The hybrid stand bag is larger than most, and fit just about anything.

Both are good looking bags. The cooler pocket sounds a little on the small side as I usually pack atleast 6 bottles or water and Gatorade. I’m sure there is room elsewhere. Hopefully the local GG will carry these so I can get an in person look.

Great review @JB

• Admin
Both are good looking bags. The cooler pocket sounds a little on the small side as I usually pack atleast 6 bottles or water and Gatorade. I’m sure there is room elsewhere. Hopefully the local GG will carry these so I can get an in person look.

Great review @JB

It will depend on the bag honestly. In the cart bag, there is definitely enough room for tons of drinks. Hybrid bag, I don't think you are getting 6 bottles of water in, if you pack your bag like most golfers. Perhaps no dozen ball boxes, etc on the side pocket could accommodate.

It will depend on the bag honestly. In the cart bag, there is definitely enough room for tons of drinks. Hybrid bag, I don't think you are getting 6 bottles of water in, if you pack your bag like most golfers. Perhaps no dozen ball boxes, etc on the side pocket could accommodate.
I’m a cart bag guy since I won’t be carrying. Push cart most of the time. Won’t carry because of past back issues that I’d rather keep far in the past.

Sounds like these are very solid bags at very reasonable price points.

Nice write-up JB.

The Dri Lite tech at those pricepoints is incredible - most OEM cart bags are a good $30-$50 more. Factor in the weight around 4lbs with a 14 way divider. Great deal.

I guess this is why its wise to actually read the articles. Nice bags, good colors, I would have never known of them. I am going to check out their site. Nice writing. Of course it always is.

No rangefinder pocket for that price ?

They have a nice website. All their bags and push carts (trolleys) seem very well made. Probably hard to get placement with so many good brands out there but I think its very well done.

The red, white, and blue stand bag looks great! Love and the features they have integrated into their lineup.

No rangefinder pocket for that price ?

Separately as labeled? But the two side pockets we highlight in the article, where one is lined are literally perfect for it.

Good looking bags. On the radar...

Storage for days, holy cow. I also like the 14-1y divider a lot. I don't need another golf bag, but man it's hard not getting the stand bag because it checks all the boxes for me.

Nice review, JB! I have been eyeballing these bags for a couple of years now. I really like their look and they seem to be great quality. Do you see any issues with the leg system on the stand bag?

Nice review, JB! I have been eyeballing these bags for a couple of years now. I really like their look and they seem to be great quality. Do you see any issues with the leg system on the stand bag?

Not in my limited testing. As we mentioned in the review, I loaded the bag with double the amount of clubs and set it up and saw no buckling.

I've read multiple reviews of the hybrid bag today enough to get me more interested in this hybrid bag. Traditionally I'm a good candidate for a hybrid bag because I like to carry, there are plenty of days when I push, and times when I ride. Finding a stand bag that does all 3 well is not always as simple as it should be. But I like that this bag is a little bit taller and the weight is held in the check. Weight has always been something that has kept me from the hybrid bags because they tend to be bit heavier. Not crazy about the 14 way top, it's just not my thing, but I could get over it.

I am in desperate need of a new carry bag and the hybrid model looks like a very nice possibility. I'm concerned about the weight. I think my old hyperlite bag is 4.4 lbs and while it's not heavy per say, I'm looking at reducing weight everywhere I can. Also, do you know how well it sits on a Clicgear 3?

I am in desperate need of a new carry bag and the hybrid model looks like a very nice possibility. I'm concerned about the weight. I think my old hyperlite bag is 4.4 lbs and while it's not heavy per say, I'm looking at reducing weight everywhere I can. Also, do you know how well it sits on a Clicgear 3?

I don't but per the info in the review, it works well with push carts.

I don't but per the info in the review, it works well with push carts.
Good to know. I assumed that meant their push carts.

I do like the 14 way top on the hybrid the way the holes are positioned. What I like is the 3 holes on the bottom for wedges. I wish all hybrid carry stand bags were like this in regards to having 3 spots at the bottom designed specifically for wedges keeping them by them self basically separated from other clubs and not in line with them.

I'm digging the hybrid!

1-12-1024x692.jpg

these will look good with my PUMA America gear

088CAC7A-7B60-451B-988E-5FD77918EA1D.jpeg

Back