Looking For Testers: Callaway Big Bertha B-21 Drivers and Hybrids

Callaway maverick regular
Taylormade p770 extra stuff
Looking to hit more bombs and stick more greens

Current driver: Taylormade SLDR

Current Hybird: Taylormade Aeroburner

The live stream: really like the idea of the driver have a low spin rate and it doesn’t slice as much. I’m currently having a hard time trying to correct my slice and would like to test the club to see if it would be a fit.

What is your current driver and hybrid? Taylormade M1. I don't currently have a hybrid.
What do you like most about what Dnevs said in the live stream? A big thing for me is spin rate on clubs. If they can create a big bertha like years past, while reducing the overall spin rate, this could mean great things for the golfer.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SZ
Hybrid: Callaway Rogue

I love the ball flight and low spin off the Mavrik but the forgiveness is definitely low. Interested to see how a fast swinger 110 mph would do with a Big Bertha!

Whoa there is a ton of interest here! I’m excited to see who gets picked

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5*, No Hybrid. Epic Flash 3,5,7 wood. Previously most hybrids were not forgiving enough. Curious to see ball speed and forgiveness from the Big Berthas!

I currently play Cobra SZ 10.5 and Srixon ZU85 Utility Iron.

I like that the new Callaways are built for the average player and helps in keeping The spin rates down.

First post. Just got back into golf after a decade or more off. Just got fitted for Mavrik Max irons.
Current driver Taylormade R7.
No hybrid, couldn’t hit it.
Best question was about people not being able to hit hybrids in the past being able to hit these first time out. I’d like to test that theory. The livestream also saved me from an abundance of posts asking questions. Good stuff.

I currently play an m5 with and even flow black x-stiff 70 gram shaft. I do not play a hybrid. I am curious to see the forgiveness of the driver while also testing the ball speed and spin!

Driver: ping 400 stiff
3 wood: cobra f9
Hybrids: callaway mavrik
Irons: taylormade p790

Mostly interested in the lower spin rate. I previously had the mavrik but was not a fan of it and went back to my 400. I haven’t been great with the mavrik hybrids either and wondering if these will hit better.

Seeing the classic look of this line and hearing the new tech from Specs himself, it’s going to be fun seeing the feedback from whoever gets picked for this one!

Current Driver: XR 16 Pro
Current hybrid: XR Pro
My favorite part about the stream was about the big Bertha name and the impact and solidity it has earned in golf. I have played big Bertha clubs from irons to drivers ever since I was a kid. So just hearing that a new big Bertha club is coming out reminds me of my childhood.

Callaway Epic Flash 9* and Callaway Apex 19 4H

I really liked the technology in the hybrids making it very easy to launch, along with a lot of offset. I am a master at the dreaded slice and hoping this can help alleviate that.

What is your current driver and hybrid?
Driver - Mavrik Max And Epic Flash subzero
Hybrid - Rogue hybrids (4-6)

What do you like most about what Dnevs said in the live stream?

Big Bertha line is A Callaway legend and something that i will never forget.
Big bertha was one of the best drivers I ever used during my junior days till now. Anti slice, high launch and low spin is what I'm after. This new B-21 seems to have all that I'm after.

Big Bertha Fusion, Callaway Super Hybrid

I've been juggling drivers the past couple years (Fusion, Rogue, Epic Flash SZ, Mavrik). I keep coming back to the Fusion (under-rated club, IMHO) for its forgiveness, but spin numbers aren't where I want them. I bagged the Epic Flash SZ for a bit, chasing that lower spin and hoping that it would give me better trajectory. It did, but I hit more fairways with the Fusion. I've tinkered with "lower-spin" shafts paired with the Fusion head, but I still can't get under 3,300 rpm consistently. I come at the ball fairly steep and fight an out-to-in path. Forgiveness and less spin is my holy grail, so DNevs had my full attention. But what I liked best were the selection of higher-handicap test subjects and the explanation that "draw bias" doesn't make this thing hook. I enjoyed the entire stream though, and it was probably enough to make me get this club, even if I don't get a freebie.

Last edited:
MAVRIK MAX and Epic Flash SZ
Rogue Hybrids

I’ve used callaway drivers the past couple years (BB, Rogue, Epic Flash SZ, Mavrik). I keep wishing I had my old big bertha that I used during my junior days. I love the BB forgiveness, but the distance isn't as far as the new models. I have the Epic Flash SZ for lower spin but it required a good bacK. I have the mavrik max but the dispersion isn't as tight. Forgiveness and less spin is what I'm.after., so this b-21 is perfect.

Hope you can send a model to me based in Asia to test at different conditions and environments

Current driver: callaway xhot 8.5 pro
Current hybrid: titleist 915H 2
Hitting bombs is tough enough already to do, but worrying about hitting a slice is almost impossible. I like that Dnevs said spin rate reduces compared to other clubs, helping to take away big slices. I would love to test a club that has a high launch angle and low spin.

Would love to test out these new callaway clubs. I’m a young golfer that is looking for anyway to improve my game.

Current driver:

Big Bertha - Titanium 454

What the best thing with the new Big Bertha series?

I’ve had i this recent year had the problem that the shaft with my current club is not well adapted to my height (197cm) and that it becomes a little to flexibel. I liked Dnevs talked about how they want to make the shaft more adaptable for different players while still making the club heads tipping point being at its best. I think that the new Callaway B-21 driver could really increase the potential in my game. Having both the old school Callaway X12 Big Bertha Iron set and Big Bertha Titanium 454 as a driver.

Best regards,

Fredrik Gustafson

Current Driver: Callaway XR Speed
Current Hybrid: TaylorMade GAPR Hi

What did you like most?

-I have a tendency to hook the driver off the tee, and while a lot of the advertising addresses the slice, DNevs mentioned that the club, when square, is designed to straighten the flight path either way.

Current Driver. Taylormade m1 stiff
Taylormade R11 stiff
Current hybrid. Callaway XR 3
I like when he was talking about he is involved in the whole process when it comes down to building the clubs, instead of saying, i want this and this and i think this will work. When you here someone say this is what happens when building new and up and coming golf clubs, this gives people like me confidence when thinking about buy new hybrids and drivers.

Whoa there is a ton of interest here! I’m excited to see who gets picked
Good news is a lot of them aren’t watching the video so selection will be easier hahahahaha.

Current driver - PXG 0811x Gen 1 stiff
Current hybrid - not really a hybrid but i use a cleveland launcher HB Turbo 4 iron stiff

I like the fact that the driver is low spin and suppose to help reduce slicing which is what my drives do most of the time even reducing it to a fade would be awesome and make playing much more enjoyable. Would love to get a chance to test out one of these drivers as a high handicapper (24) just trying to get out and enjoy the game more.

Driver and hybrid are both aspire x (the tall person version starter set from Amazon)

I absolutely echo so many people here, built for the average or new player and point where you want to hit it, my drives like to go pretty far right after the first 100 yards typically. It would be nice to see the difference between a true starter driver/hybrid and something specifically made for game improvement with the average player in mind.

I currently swing an M5 driver and M6 hybrid
Would love to tryout a new driver! I

Back