New Srixon SOFT FEEL Golf Balls

I was always a bit too proud to play these until I actually found a couple on the course. They actually are a really good two piece ball and wouldn’t hesitate to buy them at all. I would actually pick up a dozen, but I’ve already have about 5 dozen others I’ve still got to go through.

Any way to tell by ball markings and or box markings to make sure you are buying the 'new' ball?

Any way to tell by ball markings and or box markings to make sure you are buying the 'new' ball?

The box had some changes and the new one is pictured in the link in the first post.

Hit some shots today with a 58* wedge to test out the spin. These are roughly 3/4 swings, so not green side, but not full swings either. Green set at 70 yards, here are the results. As you can see, even with a two piece surlyn covered golf ball, backspin was over 7000 on each shot.

ForesightReport.jpg

pretty solid.

Those are good numbers, not much roll out at all.

Those are good numbers, not much roll out at all.

I dont think 7000+ rpms will offer any roll out unless it is coming in hot. :)
I guess it could for a seriously low ball hitter though.

This is good stuff @ddec. (y)

I’m not seeing these locally yet :(

I love Srixon but I wish they would stop trying to push the agenda that soft balls give you more distance. Not only does it not spring off the face at impact to give you more distance, you actually lose ball speed and distance with a softer ball.
I do love the soft feel of balls like this but more distance? Nope.

I love Srixon but I wish they would stop trying to push the agenda that soft balls give you more distance. Not only does it not spring off the face at impact to give you more distance, you actually lose ball speed and distance with a softer ball.
you must not be a slow swinger.

This just isn’t true. Ball speed is only one aspect of distance.

And here is data proving that.

Check out the Mygolfspy ball test. Softer balls give you lower ball speed and less distance. Soft is slow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Its wrong. Softer CAN give you less ball speed. Softer WILL give you less spin.

Distance is not a product of only speed. Robots don’t deviate in spin. We supplied facts, showing swings with @Canadan and data. If someone wants to believe distance is only about the firmest ball made, that is up to them. It’s completely false.

Its wrong. Softer CAN give you less ball speed. Softer WILL give you less spin.

Distance is not a product of only speed. Robots don’t deviate in spin. We supplied facts, showing swings with @Canadan and data. If someone wants to believe distance is only about the firmest ball made, that is up to them. It’s completely false.
Well, clearly you and they disagree. I guess Titleist is wrong too then because they say the same things that the MGS ball test showed.
I can also say that from my personal experience I hit firmer balls about 5 yards farther than I do softer ones. I do like the feel of the softer balls but performance trumps feel in my book.
Hey, I agree with you on spin though. Lol

you must not be a slow swinger.
I would say I'm very average, if not below. My driver swing speed is around 90 mph.

Well, clearly you and they disagree. I guess Titleist is wrong too then because they say the same things that the MGS ball test showed.
I can also say that from my personal experience I hit firmer balls about 5 yards farther than I do softer ones. I do like the feel of the softer balls but performance trumps feel in my book.
Hey, I agree with you on spin though. Lol

I just supplied actual swings and data showing it’s false. And if Titleist thought firm was the only thing to distance they wouldn’t make the AVX.

we have done events with Titleist for 3 straight years and they have been consistent. Firm can equal more speed. More speed doesn’t equal more distance. It CAN equal more distance. Just as spin reduction can too. Spin reduction and increase is largely part of compression. Not a cover story that most seem to think.

If compression was the only thing that mattered for distance in golf balls, it would be an arms race to the firmest ball on the market, which it’s not, because every R&D team, every fitter and everybody without an agenda knows that there is give and take between speed, launch and spin that create distance in golf balls.

I feel so bad for headline readers that are getting this kind of misinformation. Ball fitting is real. It matters and it’s NOT always the firmest is the longest. That’s just false.

Which we clearly showed in that test.

Really looking to try this ball. I have played Q-Star tour and it is a great ball. I know this isn't the same cover as the Q-Star tour, but it will perform.

I just supplied actual swings and data showing it’s false. And if Titleist thought firm was the only thing to distance they wouldn’t make the AVX.

we have done events with Titleist for 3 straight years and they have been consistent. Firm can equal more speed. More speed doesn’t equal more distance. It CAN equal more distance. Just as spin reduction can too.

If compression was the only thing that mattered for distance in golf balls, it would be an arms race to the firmest ball on the market, which it’s not, because every R&D team, every fitter and everybody without an agenda knows that there is give and take between speed, launch and spin that create distance in golf balls. Spin reduction and increase is largely part of compression.

I feel so bad for headline readers that are getting this kind of misinformation. Ball fitting is real. It matters and it’s NOT always the firmest is the longest. That’s just false.
Well, some people just like a softer feel. That's why they make the AVX.
FWIW, MGS provided data too, so someone's info is bad. Call me a headline reader if you wish but I've read the article and the numbers in depth and heard their various podcasts where they talked about it in-depth.
I just find it interesting because if a soft ball gave you more distance, why are all the tour balls firm compression?
Imo, the move to softer balls for high handicappers is more because it feels good for people with slower swing speeds than because it gives them more distance.
As for Titleist, I've done several ball fitting with them and they always told me that unless cost is a concern or you have a preference for a soft feeling ball, the Pro V is the best because they all perform pretty much the same off the driver but the Pro V performs the best around the green. They will do literally anything to steer people away from a super soft ball.

Well, some people just like a softer feel. That's why they make the AVX.
FWIW, MGS provided data too, so someone's info is bad. Call me a headline reader if you wish but I've read the article and the numbers in depth and heard their various podcasts where they talked about it in-depth.
I just find it interesting because if a soft ball gave you more distance, why are all the tour balls firm compression?
Imo, the move to softer balls for high handicappers is more because it feels good for people with slower swing speeds than because it gives them more distance.
As for Titleist, I've done several ball fitting with them and they always told me that unless cost is a concern or you have a preference for a soft feeling ball, the Pro V is the best because they all perform pretty much the same off the driver but the Pro V performs the best around the green. They will do literally anything to steer people away from a super soft ball.

They aren’t. That again is bad information.
Tiger doesn’t even play the firmest Bridgestone ball.

If you want to avoid our data, it’s cool. It’s clear as day. Like I said believe whatever you would like. Titleist does ball fittings. You just said so, and the Pro V1 is not their firmest golf ball. If spin didn’t matter and the only thing that matters is speed, they would tell everybody to play Pro V1x.

Instead they fit golfers through launch, speed and spin and know each of their four tour golf balls features different compression, which alters the spin and launch to create fitting for a myriad of different golfers.

and our data is shown with a high speed guy swinging and he still got more distance with softer ball. Again, it’s about fitting, and speed is only one aspect of distance

It’s very simple. If spin is part of fitting and distance, compression matters. I can’t fathom anybody believing that spin doesn’t impact their distance. Compression is where spin, speed and launch are all impacted. Different compressions will give different golfers the most distance.

This is my favorite ball. As a high cap slow swinger, it feels great, affordable and it's fine on approaches. Looking forward to the new gen!

I hope the yellow color stays the same, it is high vis.

Back