PODCAST Ben Hogan Comparison: Golf Unfiltered Episode 268

golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
In today‘s episode, Adam compares and contrasts the Ben Hogan Golf UiHi utility iron and VKTR+ hybrid. Adam has spent the last month testing both and tells listeners which he prefers for his game. This is a great episode for anyone looking to replace a long iron in their golf bag and are trying to choose between a utility iron or a hybrid.

VKTR-and-UiHi.jpg

Continue reading...

About done listening. I am curious about the comment that the look of the VKTR+ is reminiscent of persimmon woods from the past?

About done listening. I am curious about the comment that the look of the VKTR+ is reminiscent of persimmon woods from the past?
I just feel that the flat, glossy black clubhead with no alignment markings is very traditional, similar to what I used to play with persimmon.

I just feel that the flat, glossy black clubhead with no alignment markings is very traditional, similar to what I used to play with persimmon.

I can see that. Kind of a throwback elegance in a way.

Curious: What did you all think about the music in the background throughout? A nice touch, too distracting?

I am excited to listen to this!

Listened on the way into work this morning, and Adam did a great job of explaining the differences he say between the utility and the hybrid. It makes sense from a design perspective.

@golfunfiltered since you asked, I didn't mind the music, but I did think it was a bit distracting at the volume it was at. If the volume was lower than your voice then I think it would have been fine. I also thought it kind of made it sound like more of a commercial than a discussion, but that is probably just me.

Thanks for the feedback!

Good review on the two clubs and talking about the similarities and differences.

The music wasn't too bad. I'd suggest that you lower the music volume a few decibels, and change it up where different sections of your show have different music. The music wasn't bad but after hearing the same tune for the entire show, it did become a little wearing.:)

Back