Looking For Testers: Callaway Big Bertha B-21 Drivers and Hybrids

What is your current driver and hybrid?

Callaway XR Speed (lefty).

What do you like most about what Dnevs said in the live stream?

I appreciate his clarification that this line should maintain its forgiving qualities, but not at the expense of high spin. If true, this could be a fantastic set worthy of the Big Bertha name.

I am a big Big Bertha Fan !

My first Big Bertha Driver was 9.5 deg with reg flex 50g Fubiki shaft and it was for me the first driver to ever give me any real success on the golf course.

I have tried other drivers with limited success and the low spin models help but even my good shots still leak a little to the right and my bad shots way to the right or pull to the left.

Most recently I have switched my driver out of the bag and put a Maverick 15 deg 3 wood with 60 gram Stiff Riptide shaft in its place . This Club is exceptional and gives me as much distance as my previous Big Bertha Driver did and I can play it off the tee box and off the fairway with confidence and it is straight .

I would Really love the opportunity to try and hopefully play the New Big Bertha B21 Driver.

What a combination that might be

Driver BB B21 (hopefully exceptional)

Fairway Maverick (outstanding)
Hybrids BB OS 5/4/3 (outstanding)

Doug

Current Driver: TaylorMade R9
Current Hybrid: None - but willing to try one

What I liked most was the design to reduce side spin and slice. I'm just recently taking up the game after a long layoff to raise 3 boys. I've been working with a coach and have finally started reducing my slice on my shorter irons. It definitely shows back up in my driver and is really keeping me from enjoying the game as I absolutely dread walking up to the tee box. A new driver that would help that part of my game would be a game changer.

Alan

I am a big Big Bertha Fan !
My first Big Bertha Driver was 9.5 deg with reg flex 50g Fubiki shaft and it was for me the first driver to ever give me any real success on the golf course.

I have tried other drivers with limited success and the low spin models help but even my good shots still leak a little to the right and my bad shots way to the right or pull to the left.

Most recently I have switched my driver out of the bag and put a Maverick 15 deg 3 wood with 60 gram Stiff Riptide shaft in its place . This Club is exceptional and gives me as much distance as my previous Big Bertha Driver did and I can play it off the tee box and off the fairway with confidence and it is straight .

The way the new Big Bertha B21 was described during the clip as looking more traditional at address and not obviously offset as with game improvement divers of the past .Along with the technology and placement of weight to deliver lower spin and good Moi with draw bias interests me and sounds like it may well be the driver I have been waiting for.

I would Really love the opportunity to try and hopefully play the New Big Bertha B21 Driver.

What a combination that might be

Driver BB B21 (hopefully exceptional)

Fairway Maverick (outstanding)
Hybrids BB OS 5/4/3 (outstanding)

Doug

Current driver is a Cobra F8+ w/ Project X Evenflow 65x
Current hybrid is a Cobra oversize 3/4h w/ Smacwrap 780 ES x
I am intrigued about the forgiveness of the driver while still being a low spin driver

Currently gaming the Epic Flash 10.5 and Big Bertha 4 & 5 Hybrids.

What I found most interesting is that they developed a shaft specifically for this driver, really intrigued by that idea.

Last day of signups.

Current driver: Epic Flash
Current hybrid: Mavrik Pro 20 degree

I continue to be blown away by the spin profile on this one. Blown away is not hyperbole. I simply cannot get my arms around it. In past years, driver has been my strength. This year, it’s my weakness. If I could get driver going, I would be playing my best golf ever. Would love to give this a whirl.

Currently Playing : Ping G400, and I’m not playing a hybrid.

What do you like most about what DNevs said in the live stream?

Driver; less spin, straight ball flight and a profile like the SZ. I’m definitely not married to my driver and my biggest concern off the box is hitting fairways. Based on what DNevs said about the B21 I’d love to see of this driver could work for me.

Hybrid; when he talked about all levels of golfers being able to hit the new hybrids he got my attention. I have tried several hybrids over the last several years and still haven’t found one I’d keep in my bag. When he talked about the characteristics of the new hybrids he described a club I may be able to consistently get up in the air.

I would love to test either.

Ooooooh I’m getting excited! Last day!

TM M4 D-Type
No hybrid

I was excited to hear those who had struggled with a hybrid in the past were able to immediately find success. I tried gaming a hybrid in the mid-2000's and was so erratic with it that I haven't put one in the bag since, choosing to slice a 4-iron instead (at least it was predictable :ROFLMAO:).

My current driver is the Calloway Epic Flash
My current hybrids are Acer XFs

I was very interested in his comments on AI. As an engineer the face designs to get a wider sweet spot are way cool. Especially for someone like me that probably only catches the center of the club face about half the time.

My current driver is a Cobra Amp Cell and use Nickent hybrids
I was excited to learn that Callaway is actually hiring. and has a position reporting to Dnevs.

Current Driver: Titleist TS3 10.5 HZRDS Smoke XS
Current Hybrid: Bridgestone 2h 19 Deg.

I like what Dnev said Callaway is doing with a forgiving low-spin driver. Feel like there aren't too many equipment makes that have conquered that well.

Cobra F6+ driver and Ping G5 22 degree(4H)

I have a tendency to either peel the ball away to the right if i hit it good, or just a massive push. I've seen the marketing commercials for the driver about being "anti-slice". Would love the chance to test that out.

My current driver is the TaylorMade Kalea and my current hybrid is Callaway X Hot Hybrid.
I'm all about the confidence boosting aspect. Will make me want to head out even more for sure.

Current driver- Cobra f9
I don’t use a hybrid
I like that they emphasized how much more of a game improvement type club this is.

My current driver is a Callaway Epic Flash.
Hybrid is a Callaway X-hot
I like how they went to an in house shaft that is specifically made for the Big Bertha B21 head to help with the launch of the ball.

What is your current driver and hybrid? - Callaway GBB Epic 9.0 driver and Taylormade SuperFast 2.0 19* hybrid.

What do you like most about what Dnevs said in the live stream? Low spin AND forgiveness ! A match made in heaven....

My current driver is the TaylorMade M2 and the my current hybrid is an Adams 3 Hybrid. Looking to make changes to both of those clubs and I think Callaway would be a great fit for my swing and overall golf game.

What I really liked about the livestream was that Dnevs talked about how the Big Bertha driver was a “point it where you want to hit it” type club, which really resonated with me as I have struggled with aiming left to play a pretty intense fade back into the middle/right side of the fairway, so a club that would allow me to aim straight every time would totally revolutionize my game!

I play a ping G LS Tec driver. Don’t play a hybrid as I’ve never been able to hit them as well as an iron.

I love what dnevs said about the slice control technology. As a former baseball player I’m always inside outing the ball and hitting deep right.

I play with a Taylormade R1. It has plenty of rounds and “miles” on it so to say. Has lost a lot of pop over the years from the amount of usage. The club has lived in more states than most people have visited (10 states in the last 6 years). I do not currently play a hybrid.

I loved what was said during the stream was about the forgiveness. I have a very high swing speed and occasionally the errant Tee shot left/right and knowing that I’d be standing over a ball with a club that I can trust gives me the calmest feeling in the world.

My current driver is a Ping G410 and my hybrid is a Ping G30.

The lower spin and forgiveness piqued my interest. The club is designed for us everyday golfers. I would love to test it.

Back