2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Didn’t come across this until today. That’s some decent mileage. Hope you are able to make it to your goal marathon.

Won't be a marathon probably. Maybe a half. I was just telling my brother that I don't think I have another full marathon in me. I'm too old for that shyt. I fell off the wagon, too. Haven't run since Aug 16th. Maybe this week...

Won't be a marathon probably. Maybe a half. I was just telling my brother that I don't think I have another full marathon in me. I'm too old for that shyt. I fell off the wagon, too. Haven't run since Aug 16th. Maybe this week...

I hear you. I’m thinking about a half in 2021. I don’t think I could do the training and stay healthy to run another full.

I hear you. I’m thinking about a half in 2021. I don’t think I could do the training and stay healthy to run another full.

We should get a group together to run a marathon and then (try to) play a round of golf the next day. That would be a Live Update for the ages!

We should get a group together to run a marathon and then (try to) play a round of golf the next day. That would be a Live Update for the ages!
I have to ask, why? When you could play 2 days in a row. ;)

I have to ask, why? When you could play 2 days in a row. ;)

Haha... I see what you did there. I love golf, but there's something about the challenge of running 13.1 (or 26.2 miles) that just tickles my fancy.

Maybe golf first, so I can stand while playing the round :ROFLMAO:

Maybe golf first, so I can stand while playing the round :ROFLMAO:

Haha... that'll be part of the challenge and one thing that would make the Live Update thread so much better. Plus, it'd be my luck that I'd twist and ankle or something the day before the race.

Go play "run golf," you masochists...

Haha... I see what you did there. I love golf, but there's something about the challenge of running 13.1 (or 26.2 miles) that just tickles my fancy.
Running is just not for me, shin splints every time I try. I know the challenge as I have ridden many century rides on a bicycle. Not really sure why I did those either. ;)

Have I ever said (50 times) how I read THP at the gym? I can be 40 minutes into a tough workout at the end of a long day, and starting to drag, and then I start reading about a great score someone had, or a shot they made, or the hour of putting practice they put in, or the thing they think they finally figured out, or the workout they did, and it keeps me going. I thrive on the hell yeahs I get from this place.

Dammit, I got down on that floor and did my PT today. And then...I went to that friggin range finally! :love:
Adult bev in hand and some ice on the wrist right now.
Hit that 150 sign 4 times. Hit that 100 sign 5 times. Rick Flair WOO!!
Short game practice? Loved it.
I READY.

Range session for cardio tonight

I've been working out more these days but still not enough. I got all the supplies to do it from home but I need that spark to get in there 4-5 days a week.

I've been working out more these days but still not enough. I got all the supplies to do it from home but I need that spark to get in there 4-5 days a week.
think of those you love and do it for them? Go to it!!

think of those you love and do it for them? Go to it!!
Ha, if only it was that easy. I've got the whole "being in decent shape" thing down but the real push I want to make is past that again while I'm still in the early 30's. That window is closing fast.

Have I ever said (50 times) how I read THP at the gym? I can be 40 minutes into a tough workout at the end of a long day, and starting to drag, and then I start reading about a great score someone had, or a shot they made, or the hour of putting practice they put in, or the thing they think they finally figured out, or the workout they did, and it keeps me going. I thrive on the hell yeahs I get from this place.
For me it’s Joe Bonamasa, if you don’t know you need to.

Some things that work for me. I don’t sit when I get home. I change and get after it. Second is finding music that gets me going, key ingredient here. I also mix in some swing practice following my workout.

Ha, if only it was that easy. I've got the whole "being in decent shape" thing down but the real push I want to make is past that again while I'm still in the early 30's. That window is closing fast.
Early 30's just put in the effort and it will come fast. You still have metabolism on your side. (y)
I've just never stopped moving in life and fitness has come with it, and maintaining some semblance of health to my diet.
I'm not sure what path 6 tacos put me on this evening.... :ROFLMAO: (I do, really, they are super food!!):love:

Early 30’s? Oh I remember the easy times in life. Mid 50’s it’s a bit of a task.

Some things that work for me. I don’t sit when I get home. I change and get after it. Second is finding music that gets me going, key ingredient here. I also mix in some swing practice following my workout.
As soon as I sit, I'm done. That's my key, not sitting, or becoming stagnant.

Went out and did my 3 mile loop the last two days. I get out there for the waning sun as much as anything this time of year.
Need my natural vitamin D!!!! :cool:

Came home after walking 18 and had a short lifting session and a core workout. Feeling good.

Came home after walking 18 and had a short lifting session and a core workout. Feeling good.
You guys are getting to me. Had some very light dumbells in my hands tonight. This is scary. :love::LOL:

Back