Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

Threw the 4/5/6 back in my bag tonight.

So happy I did when the 5 Altitude provided me with my shot of the night, leading to a league playoff win.

Not bad for a club I hadn't swung in almost a year!

Well done I find it hard to believe that the new Launcher HB can be any better than these Irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re back...... :D

Set from eBay just arrived and these babies are basically brand new. Time to pull shafts and install some Recoils!

0681d2f97ab1efcdfe85e842798d0592.jpg

74eaa3accb1afb903a8b30189be5c59f.jpg

d38766a0bec3820bb51efb5edc17b7d7.jpg

How come you didn't go down the Launcher HB route.

We’re back...... :D

Set from eBay just arrived and these babies are basically brand new. Time to pull shafts and install some Recoils!

0681d2f97ab1efcdfe85e842798d0592.jpg

74eaa3accb1afb903a8b30189be5c59f.jpg

d38766a0bec3820bb51efb5edc17b7d7.jpg

Those look almost brand new. Hope the shaft swap goes good. Can't wait to hear how these play for you with the Recoils in. Should be a lot of fun.

Those look almost brand new. Hope the shaft swap goes good. Can't wait to hear how these play for you with the Recoils in. Should be a lot of fun.

Thanks bud, all went well thus far. Got all shafts pulled and have the ferrules on the Recoils ready to be installed. Throwing some PX 6.0 graphite hybrid shafts that I pulled from my old Apex hybrids and putting those into the 3/4. Going to try the entire set as the baseline without the hybrids I usually play to see how it goes.

Thanks bud, all went well thus far. Got all shafts pulled and have the ferrules on the Recoils ready to be installed. Throwing some PX 6.0 graphite hybrid shafts that I pulled from my old Apex hybrids and putting those into the 3/4. Going to try the entire set as the baseline without the hybrids I usually play to see how it goes.
Wish I could be around this weekend to see how they play. Hope it turns or better than you hoped.

$600 price difference.

Good reason, interested to know the performance difference between the two sets.

Good reason, interested to know the performance difference between the two sets.

I haven't hit the HB's and don't see a near opportunity in the future but hope to at some point.

Anyone still gaming these ?
I retired mine officially this spring when I adopted the T-Rail irons.Promised myself I’d never get rid of them as when I started playing them I averaged about a 95. When I quit using them 4-5 seasons later was averaging an 82 and shooting in the 70’s from time to time.

I did list them today on eBay.
Sentimental I must admit 😞

Anyone still gaming these ?
I retired mine officially this spring when I adopted the T-Rail irons.Promised myself I’d never get rid of them as when I started playing them I averaged about a 95. When I quit using them 4-5 seasons later was averaging an 82 and shooting in the 70’s from time to time.

I did list them today on eBay.
Sentimental I must admit 😞

coming from you, that's quite a statement!

I still play the 5 - 8 Altitudes

Just looked and still have a 588ALT PW ungripped new in the plastic. (y)
I think I played the 588CB's were they, and the 588MT's. I hung onto the MT 3 and 4 irons for hybrid/iron replacements.
At the time I was playing X flex 120g stuff but they still worked well with those stock shafts and had a good flight.
The forged faces on this series felt really good. Definitely an underrated series. The shaft lengths were pretty long as I recall though, especially as you got into the long irons. Even at 6'2" they were too long for me.

Back