First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

Made a small bend to my 56 to 55 and it is firmly in the bag. AW to 55 to 62 and I am set.

That seems perfect..

That seems perfect..
I’m not a big full swing guy with wedges so not sure it made much difference, but in my head it made sense haha.

If I’ve found ONE thing that I’m not super big on, it’s a fitting issue for me on a personal level. While the sole grinds are optimal for imo a wide variety, they’re not at the top of the list for me and the turf interaction I strive for, but, I totally get why the options are limited here, it’s a smart move by Cleveland for the widest audience imo.

It only took 3 weeks

20200901_173759.jpg

Took the new 60 to the range today. Holy smokes, I am so ready to take it to the course. I felt like I could do anything with it... now I wish I would have gotten this in the 56* instead of the CBX Full Face 56*.

I felt like I could hit any shot. I could full swing it and it produced, I could hit a short pitch and it would check, I could hit a high shot that landed easy, everything seemed to work. One thing to note and others have said, the grip is junk. Slick as all get out.

Why are a lot guys complaining about the grip, isn't it a Golf Pride Tour Velvet that a ton of Pros play? I haven't seen the club yet.

Why are a lot guys complaining about the grip, isn't it a Golf Pride Tour Velvet that a ton of Pros play? I haven't seen the club yet.

No idea. I saw the post above about it being junk and not sure what they are seeing.
Yes it is the most used grip on tour.

I continue to be pretty enamored with the leading edge and design of the ZipCore. It feels like it was designed for me. Last year I got a chance to test out a couple of RTX4 Tour Protos and while they were not ZipCore in design, the leading edge was very much like this one. Straight without being two sharp, yet still rounded enough to prevent digging.

I really like what I am seeing, especially in partial and touch shots.

mos
No idea. I saw the post above about it being junk and not sure what they are seeing.
Yes it is the most used grip on tour.
Most used grip in my bag as well. Now I did change the one that came on my ZipCore after a couple rounds. That’s because I prefer the Mid +4. I thought it was a great choice for a stock grip.

I could see myself trying this in the *52, should be more forgiving on full shots than a Vokey, right?

I could see myself trying this in the *52, should be more forgiving on full shots than a Vokey, right?

Im not sure on the forgiveness. CBX from their lineup is going to add more in that area.

it feels more stable to me on miss hits than some other bladed wedges, but end of the day, even with weight manipulation, it's still a bladed wedge.

I’ve been holding out hope for the new Mizuno wedges but I’ve got to be honest - I’m pretty darn close to giving up and fully committing to ZC. Over the last three rounds, my GIR is 100% and up and down at 60%. Those numbers are jaw dropping for me.
I think marriage is in order here. Fantastic numbers!

The 62 is firmly planted in my bag for the upcoming future. Everything I look for in the versatility for where I play is handled with this one.
Thinking 56 degree will be the other that I run with.
That is exactly what I chose as an experiment and the combination of the 56 and 62 are giving me oodles of options around the greens and out of greenside bunkers.

I guess I misread this release, thought it was more forgiving, glad I asked.

I am finding these a bit short in distance. It is not a huge problem and can be adjusted to.

I am not sure where that stems from. Is it increased spin? Or the spinner shafts? I am just not sure. But I would say they are 5’ish plus yards short on full shots than my previous wedges. The RTX4s.
That is interesting, because I have been wondering if they are just a tad longer than my prior wedges. I am not sure yet, but it doesn’t seem that they are shorter.

That is interesting, because I have been wondering if they are just a tad longer than my prior wedges. I am not sure yet, but it doesn’t seem that they are shorter.

Sure, individual results may vary.. I could be wrong as well. Would not be the first time today and it is only 6:38 am

Sure, individual results may vary.. I could be wrong as well. Would not be the first time today and it is only 6:38 am
Did you get my pm yesterday?

Ok, I need a 48.

And for review purposes it’s necessary, right? Right? Someone back me on this with my wife. :ROFLMAO:

Ok, I need a 48.

And for review purposes it’s necessary, right? Right? Someone back me on this with my wife. :ROFLMAO:

I'll text her.

Back