Review Arccos Caddie Link Review

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
The Arccos Caddie Link lives! Personal stat tracking has proven that amateur golfers can improve their game and lower their scores when they base their decisions on accurate data.  Arccos has been an industry leader, perhaps the industry leader, for years and its system excels at leveraging data using an AI-powered “Caddie” and presenting everything in a user-friendly way to help you make the right choices on the course.  But one of the biggest drawbacks to the entire Arccos system has been its limited, imperfect shot detection options – either keeping your phone in your front pocket while you play or using a specific third-party smartwatch.  Both options had drawbacks and turned some golfers away.

ArccosCaddieLink-ProductImage-6_1080x.jpg

Arccos has been teasing a solution to this problem since at least January 2019, but now that the Caddie Link is shipping, golfers everywhere might finally have an...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoyed reading this. Not having to keep the phone in the pocket has been one of the biggest drawbacks for golfers with Arccos and this alleviates that.

What happens when you wear a 1/4 zip or rain jacket and it covers your belt? Will it read thru that?

What happens when you wear a 1/4 zip or rain jacket and it covers your belt? Will it read thru that?
I didn’t have an issue with the 1/4 zip for the few holes I wore one in the early morning. You could always clip it to your pants pocket if it’s an issue. For a rain jacket, Arccos says to clip it to the jacket pocket.

Awesome
Review Gary!!!

How long did it take you to find the sweet
Spot to place the link?

I like this for the tunes, not at $100 though

I can't wait to read this one when I get into the office. A product I have been looking forward to for a year and Im sure Gary knocked it out of the park with his review.

Awesome
Review Gary!!!

How long did it take you to find the sweet
Spot to place the link?

I like this for the tunes, not at $100 though
It took about one or two holes. Now I set it up and make sure it’s working during the first shots but you can ignore it after that. And I don’t blame you on the cost - it’s a nice add-on but not a necessity

Nice review. I am really looking forward to getting this as the shot detection on my Apple Watch just doesn’t have the battery life needed to be a reliable alternative to the phone in the pocket. Better battery and having a one click button for pin placement will go a long way for many golfers that like using Arccos.

Last edited:
Nice attention to detail @Molten. I enjoyed that. Can't wait to get the email that mine is on the way. Having pre-ordered April of 2019 it seems like forever ago but being able to listen to music AND use Arccos is the sole reason I wanted this little gadget. Having a button to mark pin location is fantastic as well, I NEVER remember to move the pin haha

I just installed my sensors, but I believe I can use my Apple Watch for shot detection, which frees up my phone to connect to a bluetooth speaker. That would make the Link redundant for Apple Watch users, correct?

Nice review. I am really looking forward to getting this as the shot detection on my Apple Watch just doesn’t have the battery life need to be a reliable alternative to the phone in the pocket. Better battery and having a one click button for pin placement will go a long way for many golfers that like using Arccos.
The watch isn’t even close to being reliable. I’ve had it survive a round with 25% battery left and then the next round it died on hole 16. I never know which I’m going to get, so the Link is a huge upgrade there.

Nice review!

Does this come with the sensors or is it just the shot detector that replaces the need for the cell phone or smartwatch to detect shots?

Essentially, if I got this for $99, can I use it if I don't have any Arccos sensors on my clubs?
Or would I need to get the sensors as well?
And is there a package deal in the works with Arccos for this and sensors if the answer to the second question is no?

Nice attention to detail @Molten. I enjoyed that. Can't wait to get the email that mine is on the way. Having pre-ordered April of 2019 it seems like forever ago but being able to listen to music AND use Arccos is the sole reason I wanted this little gadget. Having a button to mark pin location is fantastic as well, I NEVER remember to move the pin haha
Nice review!

Does this come with the sensors or is it just the shot detector that replaces the need for the cell phone or smartwatch to detect shots?

Essentially, if I got this for $99, can I use it if I don't have any Arccos sensors on my clubs?
Or would I need to get the sensors as well?
And is there a package deal in the works with Arccos for this and sensors if the answer to the second question is no?
you still need the sensors - this is is just the Link device for $99. I’m not aware of a package deal but you can order both direct from Arccos

I have been thinking about the arccos for awhile. One thing I didn’t know was you have to have the phone on you.
Out of curiosity does anyone know could you do the arm band thing that runners use to hold their phone when they run?
Can the phone be a certain distance from the sensors? Or no? I mean does the phone have to be on the body or can it be in the cart less than 5’ away?
Not sure it would bother me being in my back pocket but could potentially in my front pocket.
Now, I really like thee idea of the link but not for $100..
Will this link work with 2nd generation?
It says no to first, only current but nothing about 2nd.
The arccos price.. the subscription price.. the link price.. it’s like it just keeps going. Gadgets and apps and cash grabs oh my..

you still need the sensors - this is is just the Link device for $99. I’m not aware of a package deal but you can order both direct from Arccos
Thank you for the answer. I wasn't thinking it came with the sensors but I was hoping!

I have been thinking about the arccos for awhile. One thing I didn’t know was you have to have the phone on you.
Out of curiosity does anyone know could you do the arm band thing that runners use to hold their phone when they run?
Can the phone be a certain distance from the sensors? Or no? I mean does the phone have to be on the body or can it be in the cart less than 5’ away?
Not sure it would bother me being in my back pocket but could potentially in my front pocket.
Now, I really like thee idea of the link but not for $100..
Will this link work with 2nd generation?
It says no to first, only current but nothing about 2nd.
The arccos price.. the subscription price.. the link price.. it’s like it just keeps going. Gadgets and apps and cash grabs oh my..
I’m pretty sure the 2nd gen sensors are the current gen sensors. I think 3rd come next year but someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

edit - 2nd and 3rd gen sensors are the same other then firmware. have no fear - both work.

You never move the pin?! What a monster! Oh, wait I never moved the pin once in several years either. Marking the pin is kind of awesome and I didn’t know it was a feature until it showed up, so it was a pleasant surprise.

You never move the pin?! What a monster! Oh, wait I never moved the pin once in several years either. Marking the pin is kind of awesome and I didn’t know it was a feature until it showed up, so it was a pleasant surprise.
I don't use a putter sensor either, I know what a rebel haha. So my putting stats are likely off no matter what anyway.

Thank you for taking the time to provide quality feedback Gary. As someone who is on the fence, this option is really intriguing for me.

Nice write up! If I am reading this correctly, the Link is actually the GPS device and not my phone? So, it would save on battery usage on the course? I have been so close to jumping into a shot tracking system and was avoiding Arccos because of the phone in the pocket requirement. The thought of a subscription kind of soured me too. But, I saw someone's in action and couldn't believe how cool the caddie feature was on the app.

Ping ran another promotion for free sensors and my friend who has no interest in the system ordered them and is giving them to me. I will likely try the system a few times with just the phone to see if I like the info and app. If so, I will probably get the Link over the off-season.

I don't use a putter sensor either, I know what a rebel haha. So my putting stats are likely off no matter what anyway.
Why no sensor?! I got the counterweight one and the standard one. I’m set all the way around!

Why no sensor?! I got the counterweight one and the standard one. I’m set all the way around!

I don't like the way it sits on the pistol grip and I really don't like the way it feels. I swear it makes my putter longer and changes the weighting. It didn't use to bother me much but on the M-Craft putter it really bothered me. I took it off and started putting so much better

They have a counterweight sensor?

I should ask. How do you guys install a sensor on a Stroke Lab putter? I just did a quick search and it looks like they have the Super Stroke accessory. But, I didn't see anything for stroke lab.

Back