Tour Event 2020 Safeway Open

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The schedule may have been adjusted due to the restart, but the 2020 Safeway Open is upon us. Just one week before the US Open will take place, The Silverado Resort & Spa will host the PGA Tour.

Last year Cameron Champ took home the trophy edging out Adam Hadwin by a single stroke. This yearโ€™s field is filled with some great names including Spieth and Mickelson, all preparing for the test at Winged Foot in a couple of weeks.

11-1024x747.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Did DJ even sign his card yet? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Wow! Lotsa money left over after picking my 10.

Talk about a quick reset. I'm sure the biggest name in the field is Phil Mickelson.

Oh my lord this field looks like its a Champions Tour event filled with blasts from the past. I mean Graham DeLeat? Where has that guy been

Phil Mickelson 9/10 with Golf Pride Grips..
Hahah just kidding. A little bit of a weaker field but am hoping for lots of Phil and J Spieth coverage.

I can't believe Phil is going back to Winged Foot, the memories there .... ouch

I was there. It was like being at a funeral.

Eerie scene for the practice rounds today.

lots of money and a tournament win to be had.
im taking nathan lashley or jordan spieth!

And here we go! Start of the 20-21 PGA season and the NFL season. What a time to be alive!

I was there. It was like being at a funeral.

It brings back memories for me. I was there on Sunday afternoon with one of my brothers. Spent the afternoon sitting at the 16th green right up against the ropes. After Phil finished 16, we walked up the left side of 17 and his tee shot there landed about 15 feet from me in the left rough in a trash can. After the drop, he hit a beautiful cut out of the rough onto the green. There was no way possible to get anywhere near 18, so we left. When we got off the bus to our car, we learned that Geoff Oglivy had won.

Who cares what an NFL reporter has to say?

Phil. Coffee. Sunglasses. Yawn... can we please talk about something, anything else?

Weird year...but very glad there is more golf upcoming when it would usually be wrapping up. (y)

These featured groups need their marine layer to burn off so they can start hitting some good shots!

Grillo has been a tee to green machine so far.

This whole tournament starting so quickly after the last is a bit bizarre to me; i understand why they moved the tournament to cover monday...but sheesh

Steele gave it a run from 38โ€™ and then Lowry and Phil hit two poor putts from well inside that on a similar line. Sleepy Thursday morning putting, I guess.

Phil's in a bit of trouble here!

Russell Knox with a sneaky -4 stretch over 3 holes! ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ

I want to see Sergio destroy a green!

Back