Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5 Putter Inspired By Justin Thomas

I looked the X models and they don't have a shape like the JT.
That's just it. I think any Scooty is over-priced. Same materials others are using right now. Aluminum and 303ss seems to be where it's at.
Any Scotty at $350, to me, is about where his putters should be relevant to others, tour-issue excluded, of course.
Price isn't even it...just doesn't have shapes/materials I want.
That's because JT plays a Futura head shape. That's what this putter is. It's not part of the Phantom line.

I love his logo!

Just thinking about the lively conversation this would generate when it shows up on the credit card statement. Scotty needs to learn how to make something that doesn’t kill the bank account.

That's because JT plays a Futura head shape. That's what this putter is. It's not part of the Phantom line.
I didn't think it was for a moment. It was suggested I look at the Phantom models by another poster, and I was responding to that. Have a good one.

I likey

But I need my wallet to have some weight

I like it but not the "JT" on the face. I'd need that "T" to get milled into a "B".

I like the logo and the squared edge look from the front. Pretty much despise the rest. It's downright obnoxious from the rear. You have to be a serious JT fan to shell out $850 for that.

I see a lot of refinishing companies offer the "JT" service basically, adding a welded flow neck to putters that don't have them (not stock).

Price with a refinish would come relatively close to what they are charging for the Inspired by, which I think would look a hell of a lot better without that awful logo on the face. I know it's JT's brand or whatever, but it looks terrible on there - like a knockoff.

Does it have big value in resale? I don't think so. Rors had an inspired by that did pretty well but it was a shape that isn't regularly accessible to the public (without spending 3k or more). At least in that case all the Rory specific stuff was on the sole.
Agreed - it doesnt look like a real scotty because of the janky logos. - not even remotely in my price point...

Love the look and shape-- I'm not certain that the price tag is one that I can entertain.

Scotty is calling this a Phantom.
I know, but its shape that of a Futura 5w (OTR) or 5.5T (tour.) It maakes no sense, unless this is Scotty hinting that the new Futura line will now be under the Phantom moniker - which I wouldn't put past him. But even then, why not make this a Phantom X 5.5 head? He hosed the Inspired by Jordan Spieth model that way (Spieth plays an 009, and is IB model was a Newport - much to the dismay of fans)

Not a huge Scotty guy but this club looks great in IMO, and JT is one of my favorite golfers to root for!

No, the title of this thread says it's a Phantom - which, as we know, it isn't
So it does:unsure:....and so it isn't. :ROFLMAO:(y)
His putters are just NOT speaking to me in any way right now. I really don't think this one should cost what it does. Its not that different from the other retail Camerons on the site at half the cost. And even those are getting spendy compared to the comp. (y)
The three red cherry dots thing HAS to die already. I only like his tour putters that look NOTHING like his retail putters, so I just don't bother (nor could I spend that on a putter.)

This one looks so little like JT's putter, it might as well say "inspired by" on it.
(Not anti-Cameron, just cranky demanding golf consumer.) :love:

Did anyone happen to snag one of these?

Probably not exactly the same thing (or maybe it is based on the prior conversation here) but I did pre-order the actual Phantom X 5.5 in LH last night from Budget Golf.

The JT or 5.5?
The JT you can find on secondary market for probably 1200. The 5.5 should be on the store racks soon.

The JT or 5.5?
The JT you can find on secondary market for probably 1200. The 5.5 should be on the store racks soon.
The JT is what I was questioning- thx though

Back