The Official Banter Away Thread

Mmmm.....powdered donuts....

One of the most impressive, albeit tragic, things I ever witnessed happened at sundown last night.
An Osprey was in an air to air battle with a Bald Eagle over the pond behind my house. Kinda sad, as it was probably momma Osprey trying to draw the Eagle away from her nest, which the 2nd nest of babies were just about to leave the nest.
The Osprey was much faster and more maneuverable, but the Eagle was very fast and much more powerful and it was a matter of exhaustion for the Osprey in the end. They went just out of view before the inevitable happened, I believe. The strength of the Eagle was impressive.

It was a very active raptor day, with the Red Tailed Hawk out in the maples as well. Lotta birds seem to be heading south ahead of the cold front last night.

@YukonLiving his polar bear just knocked on the window to say "hi." It's 43º out this morning,. :eek:

Thanks to @GolferGal for getting the new NFL Pick'em up. Going to be fun again this season.
Thanks for posting, forgot about that but just got my picks in!

Of course. We know not everybody checks the sports section, but its a lot of fun to enter and like our fantasy football, is filled with great prizes.

What in the world?

1599581902377.png

@YukonLiving his polar bear just knocked on the window to say "hi." It's 43º out this morning,. :eek:
Yep, fall has arrived... it was 28* up here yesterday morning. Good thing we brought our dog sled in for a tune up last week.

One of the most impressive, albeit tragic, things I ever witnessed happened at sundown last night.
An Osprey was in an air to air battle with a Bald Eagle over the pond behind my house. Kinda sad, as it was probably momma Osprey trying to draw the Eagle away from her nest, which the 2nd nest of babies were just about to leave the nest.
The Osprey was much faster and more maneuverable, but the Eagle was very fast and much more powerful and it was a matter of exhaustion for the Osprey in the end. They went just out of view before the inevitable happened, I believe. The strength of the Eagle was impressive.

It was a very active raptor day, with the Red Tailed Hawk out in the maples as well. Lotta birds seem to be heading south ahead of the cold front last night.

We have an osprey that hangs out and grabs fish out of the pond every so often.

Happy Hump Day THPers!

At least I only have a 3 day work week after 5 days straight playing golf, and I am playing both days this weekend as well, so hoping the forecast I have seen is correct

Considering I have played for the last 5 days and driven 300 miles or so, I am feeling okay and don't ache like I expected

Good morning everyone. Starting out cold and raining this morning

Half way down on my 1 week vacation. Tomorrow kids have their first day of school. Yup, smells like fall is coming.

Thanks to @GolferGal for getting the new NFL Pick'em up. Going to be fun again this season.
Yes, let us parade around Canadan's lack of NFL knowledge for another year!!!

as with most of these types of things, I'm sure I'd do worse at hockey haha
haha possibly, I have pretty good knowledge of football but I do awful at these things. There is always some luck involved

The puppies start play fighting when the sun rises. Looks like I’m on my way to becoming a morning person...

I just came here to say that this is my 2000th post on THP.

I also came here to say something else, but now I've forgotten what that was :unsure:

Good morning everyone. Starting out cold and raining this morning
Afternoon

Started out warm with blue sky and sunshine here, but since lunchtime a few clouds have blown over

I just came here to say that this is my 2000th post on THP.

I also came here to say something else, but now I've forgotten what that was :unsure:
Glad to have you here, buddy!

My phone knows my car is low on gas. Creepy and convenient!

Strange day. Work was in intensity overdrive and then today just went poof, quiet. I might go out and put in a little cold weather practice session and then come home before I head out again for fall league tonight. This would be a perfect day to hit some new irons, but they aren't here to hit. Maybe JPX921 by end of week. No sign of P7MC.

It is so weird here right now. It is very dark and orange. It feels like it's night time. So smokey. Erie.

Right now. IMG_2591.jpg

...when all three guys in front of you hit the ball less than20 yds off the 10th tee & proceed to all tee up another ball & do the same.

I may have chuckled out loud then as they were starting to drive off say...are you serious?

Then they stopped & said...oh would you like to play through?

Back