popov has an awkward swing comparatively to me...but it’s working for her. Amazing how well she’s playing

Contenders keep falling off while Popov continues to play steady and good golf.

That shot by popov

Huge break for Popov on 15 missing the fairway bunker.

Hard to believe she was caddying for an LPGA player just a few weeks ago and not even in the top 300 ranking!

Glad to see an underdog get the win. Lotta poise and a little bit of luck...congrats, Sofia Popov!

Great stuff again from the LPGA. Well played Popov!

One hell of a win for Popov. Major champion after being a caddy last week. I love golf stories like this.

That was pretty cool! Only in the field because they couldnt fill it due to corona virus? Survived the weather days on Thursday and Friday, then shoot -7 on the weekend.

What a legendary win. An unknown player with no status whatsoever winning a Major Championship, and not barely but by a lot. She dominated a world class field. To me this win ranks right up there with Francis Ouimet winning the 1913 US Open; lots of similarities between the two. I hope the sports media covers this story and gives Sophia Popov her due.

That was an awesome tournament, what a win by Popov! Love seeing underdogs win like that and she dominated in brutal conditions.

Jasmine Suwannapura and Minjee Lee both made a good charge at it, but Popov held them off. Fun win to watch, great storyline behind her win.

I watch the LPGA whenever I can and venue can be a determining factor. I've noticed over the years more attention is being paid to the skills part of the game and I enjoy watching the technical part of the game especially approach shots, the short game and putting. I realize it's not the PGA (the BIG tour) but there is a lot of talent on LPGA. Also the play on LPGA allows the average golfer see the game played in a matter closer the their perspective.

Also the play on LPGA allows the average golfer see the game played in a matter closer the their perspective.

I just had this discussion earlier in the week with a co-worker. Their tempo is definitely something the average golfer should try to emulate.... very rare you see a LPGA Pro swinging out of control and all out of sink.... definitely as you stated closer to perspective

I watch more PGA because it's more available, but I actually prefer the LPGA. I learn more watching the ladies. Most of the ladies play faster than the men. Not all, but most. It kills me watching the pros (who've played golf since they were knee high) discussing a shot for 5 minutes. This after the caddies have walked the course. They've played practice rounds and have notebooks!!:mad::rolleyes: Also, the LPGA commentators aren't nearly as annoying. The PGA commentators are 'know it alls' who've never missed a shot and won every tournament they ever played in or at least that's how they talk and they never everrrrr stop talking!!!:LOL: I wish the LPGA was on more.

No not really, I try but it’s few and far between

Have they always used a backstop behind the 'island' green on the par-5 18th at the ANA Inspiration?

I wish this stupid Safeway coverage would hurry up and get over so I can get back to watching the ANA. My girl Georgia Hall is -3 through 8 and I can't even watch it...

Have they always used a backstop behind the 'island' green on the par-5 18th at the ANA Inspiration?
It's always had a large grandstand behind the green on #18. I guess the only reason they put the blue backdrop up this year is to give the golfers the same view from the fairway as there was with the grandstand there.

On another note - I can't get used to calling this tournament the ANA Inspiration; it will always be the Dinah Shore to me.

It was awesome to watch my girl Georgia Hall win the Cambia Portland Classic last night after the US Open was over. Took her two extra holes but she got it done.

Back