The Official Banter Away Thread

I may have chuckled out loud then as they were starting to drive off say...are you serious?

Then they stopped & said...oh would you like to play through?

Well at least they were courteous

Well at least they were courteous
The next foursome wasn’t...took them 3 holes to realize my ball rolling up next to their carts as they pulled away from their second shots.

All in all I cant be too disappointed with a 3 hr round.

The next foursome wasn’t...took them 3 holes to realize my ball rolling up next to their carts as they pulled away from their second shots.

All in all I cant be too disappointed with a 3 hr round.

Only if it was first thing in the morning haha

1pm yesterday
1599693307723.png

Portland, 5pm yesterday
1599693228824.png

Salem, 5pm yesterday
1599693409525.png

Water main repair finally happened today. Lucky us, supposedly the break was right below our sewer main. Came home to an excavator on my lawn :mad:.

Little guy was pretty stoked for all the machinery though.
20200909_164600.jpg

The floater in my knee appears to have fallen back in place for now. Woohoo, I’m young again!

Good morning THPers. Thursday....the teaser for Friday.

Playing in a charity outing this morning and we are playing from 5600 😂

Im going to drop a THP Experience BOMB on the forum today.

If you like golf, equipment, experts, multiple companies and fun...Stay tuned.

Well this looks strange.

Quite possibly one of the dumbest designs of a golf hole i have ever played. Par 5, and this is the view from the 150 yard marker. There is only two openings to the green without the trees in your line; the first is from 200 yards (or more) back from the left rough only, or from the very, very end of the fairway (past the cart marker on the right side of the photo)
After a good drive I hit a wedge to put myself here; I should have hit a 7 iron to the very end of the fairway. Problem is that if you don't know the course, you have no way of knowing that the last 20 yards of the fairway are the only opening to the green.
20200910_135306.jpg
How did I play it? I tried to hoist a 7 iron over the trees, only to hit the left one and drop straight down. Missed the 16" wide creek by inches, hit a wedge that I believe buzzed the bark on the way by and two putted for bogey.

Traveling for the first time for work since February. Right now I’m in Tallahassee staying at a hotel on the campus of FSU.

Since when did hotel rooftop bars turn into a place for a Frat party? My gosh I feel old.

I think I’m going to delete all social media off my phone. Anyone done that?

no but I’m pretty close. I can make a case for Instagram staying, but twitter prob is on the way out And I’ve never had a FB account

I remember a THP event proposed where you would pick two THPers to golf with JB and yourself... This year has introduced me to Soo many new THPers virtually it would make the decision very difficult! Just saying!

no but I’m pretty close. I can make a case for Instagram staying, but twitter prob is on the way out And I’ve never had a FB account
If I’m going, I’m going all the way. I’m off FB for years other then once a month on a physical computer to keep up with family. The whole physical computer thing really limits it to once a month TOPS.

It's on there but hardly used looking at you Twitter....

I’ve tried only to comeback. Luckily I’ve cut down drastically on the amount I spend on social media.

Thanks to the Budget Championship 2019, convinced my friend to make the drive to Circling Raven and play during his trip.

Back