PODCAST Off Course: Episode 22: DJ Dominance

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show including discussing some fun topics including Dan dropping a 62. Hosted by Dan Edwards and Rob Miller, each Friday the hosts give you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before.

Episode 22 is here and Dan and Rob discuss the following topics.
Host Dan Goes Low
Tour Championship Format
DJ Dominance
Bryson and 72 others Hit Bombs

Podcast:
[url=https://www.thehackersparadise.com/dj-dominance/]Continue reading...

Listening now!

Really enjoyed this show.
And after our thread about Bryson being longest on tour, I have been waiting for another @HipCheck distance debate.

So I think that despite @Canadan 's love, DJ just doesn't "move the needle"

Last edited:
Say it with me on three.

Great listen fella's! I looked up Oasis Course, record is 61? @Canadan shot a 62!! awesome job! Hey Rob Miller lets win that Club Champioship!

Great listen fella's! I looked up Oasis Course, record is 61? @Canadan shot a 62!! awesome job! Hey Rob Miller lets win that Club Champioship!
Jeff Overton holds the record...

Which makes it 10 times more annoying, fwiw

Good listen, great round @Canadan.

I think it was last week that DJ came up as well and it was said that when he is at his best. DJ is "the best". I have always wondered what would happen if say DJ, Rory, Brooks, etc all showed up to an event complete dialed in. Who would win. It always seems that you hear "when so and so is on their game" no one can beat them. I think that is true for almost every player in the top say 20... Simply because they titans don't collide all that often. I cant think of many events where two top dogs are both very much dialed.

Great listen, the discussion of the array of resources that have helped golfers become longer off the tee or have more favorable spin rates, etc. can also be seen in other sports as well. I think most notably in baseball, home run numbers are up and some people are saying it’s the balls (not completely disagreeing) but guys are bigger and stronger and training has developed immensely over the years. Also, a lot of organizations are focused so much on launch angle and exit velo, and its nice to see how much sports are trending towards more moneyball-esque ways of winning and improving.

Great listen, the discussion of the array of resources that have helped golfers become longer off the tee or have more favorable spin rates, etc. can also be seen in other sports as well. I think most notably in baseball, home run numbers are up and some people are saying it’s the balls (not completely disagreeing) but guys are bigger and stronger and training has developed immensely over the years. Also, a lot of organizations are focused so much on launch angle and exit velo, and its nice to see how much sports are trending towards more moneyball-esque ways of winning and improving.

In some ways though it has made baseball worse. Everyone is at the plate swinging for the fences. Strike outs are super common, the small ball game is dead. They would rather strike out looking because it "was not their pitch" then try and do something with it. It drives me nuts as a fan some times when I see runners in scoring position and batters strike out looking..

You are correct that the sabermetrics era has changed the game. In many ways in a good way. But there is some collateral damage as well.

In some ways though it has made baseball worse. Everyone is at the plate swinging for the fences. Strike outs are super common, the small ball game is dead. They would rather strike out looking because it "was not their pitch" then try and do something with it. It drives me nuts as a fan some times when I see runners in scoring position and batters strike out looking..

You are correct that the sabermetrics era has changed the game. In many ways in a good way. But there is some collateral damage as well.
As a Yankees fan, I can wholeheartedly agree that strikeouts are the most frustrating thing sometimes. Just like the Rockets can live and die by the 3 ball, the Yankees live and die by the home run ball. At the end of some games 5 homers can overshadow 12ks but it’s not the best too watch. I also think pitchers have gotten a lot better, average starting pitchers MPH is way up so I guess we can’t place all the blame on hitters, when we can praise pitchers a bit.

As a Yankees fan, I can wholeheartedly agree that strikeouts are the most frustrating thing sometimes. Just like the Rockets can live and die by the 3 ball, the Yankees live and die by the home run ball. At the end of some games 5 homers can overshadow 12ks but it’s not the best too watch. I also think pitchers have gotten a lot better, average starting pitchers MPH is way up so I guess we can’t place all the blame on hitters, when we can praise pitchers a bit.

Haha.. Yankees fan here to and I want to choke some of them at times. Especially this year with their constant injuries.... You are correct though, starting pitching is better. They also go to the bull pin way sooner now. Starting pitchers average what? 4.5 innings now? So batters are facing fresh arms way more often.

Thanks for another episode!
62 with a bogey huh?! great round congrats!
DJ dominated yes, but I really think JT did better.

Dan. Nice round dude. That’s just incredible haha.

Rob hope the knee is able to hold up to defend your title. Glad the doctor doesn’t see anything that needs surgery at this time.

Good episode guys. Always enjoy listening.

I shouldn't have listened to this episode. @Canadan eluded to yet another form of collecting, although I really do like the idea of a small shadow box with the ball and scorecard from the year's best round. I mean, if I could shoot a 62 I'd probably frame a couple of the clubs to go with the scorecard.

Another excellent episode gents.

I shouldn't have listened to this episode. @Canadan eluded to yet another form of collecting, although I really do like the idea of a small shadow box with the ball and scorecard from the year's best round. I mean, if I could shoot a 62 I'd probably frame a couple of the clubs to go with the scorecard.

Another excellent episode gents.
as much as it sounds like a thing that would add up, it's really just been a nice way to actually present some of the solid rounds of my past, alongside a headcover that I gamed throughout the year. It's also stopped me from having 1,000 headcovers - and that's a hell of a good thing haha

Back