First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

Let me just say I’m loving the 58 min around the greens. Had two really solid up and downs with it last night at men’s league. So easy to hit.

Ok, I need a 48.

And for review purposes it’s necessary, right? Right? Someone back me on this with my wife. :ROFLMAO:

Whats her number?? I will say " I need to know''.

Spent some time with the wedges this morning trying to decide if I want the 50 degree to replace the gap wedge for my set. I love just about everything about it, and might make the switch.

im really dying to try these!!! loved the rtx4 in every way. If the raw version was out id definitely buy already

im gonna have about a $600 credit at PGA store since I picked up 3 Bettinardi hlx 3.0 wedges but dont really care for them. really debating between grabbing the zipcore or vokey sm8 since they have the raw in stock

or do I wait another month to get the raw zipcores.......

Spent some time with the wedges this morning trying to decide if I want the 50 degree to replace the gap wedge for my set. I love just about everything about it, and might make the switch.

that's something I've been going back and forth on myself. I currently have a CBX in that spot.

Ok, I need a 48.

And for review purposes it’s necessary, right? Right? Someone back me on this with my wife. :ROFLMAO:
Sure, I will even provide an opinion letter, if that would help with the good doctor. :D

CD43C2D6-CFAE-4F80-B367-D6EBDA81BDAA.jpeg

Wedges and Donuts = FUN.

These two might have gender off my SM8 today with the +1 73 from 6,950 I just finished playing. Couldn’t hit a green hardly, but the 54/62 made for a LOT of tap in pars.

View attachment 8961913

Wedges and Donuts = FUN.

These two might have gender off my SM8 today with the +1 73 from 6,950 I just finished playing. Couldn’t hit a green hardly, but the 54/62 made for a LOT of tap in pars.
I have now committed to the 52 (bent to 51), 56 mid and 62. With a 46 degree pw, this provides consistent gapping all the way to 56. Then, the 56 and 62 give me oodles of versatility from 95 yards and in, as well as greenside bunkers and delicate play around the greens.

Really liking my 56, 62 setup. Tbh, not seeing a whole lot of difference between these and my RTX4's, but the past few rounds have been mostly a lot of chipping, not many full wedge swings. Maybe I'll see the increased spin once I start taking bigger cuts at the ball.

I could see myself trying this in the *52, should be more forgiving on full shots than a Vokey, right?
For me it’s way easier to hit than Vokey, or maybe just a bit more forgiving.

Really liking my 56, 62 setup. Tbh, not seeing a whole lot of difference between these and my RTX4's, but the past few rounds have been mostly a lot of chipping, not many full wedge swings. Maybe I'll see the increased spin once I start taking bigger cuts at the ball.
For me it’s the half swing stuff that really stood out. Had to start playing them a bit longer because I was spinnin em back or stopping. Different swings will see different results.

The main area the difference will be seen is in non ideal lies. The grooves funnel grass/water/debris unlike a throng else out there IME.....and I’ve played a few wedges :ROFLMAO:

Easily my favorite club in the bag right now (and for the last month). So much darn confidence and you might as well put the ball on the green if I’m sitting 95-105. I really think I need to get the 58* - I’m nervous out of the bunkers with the V sole but I bet it’s all in my head

Easily my favorite club in the bag right now (and for the last month). So much darn confidence and you might as well put the ball on the green if I’m sitting 95-105. I really think I need to get the 58* - I’m nervous out of the bunkers with the V sole but I bet it’s all in my head
I am using the 56 standard grind out of green side bunkers and it has been great.

I am using the 56 standard grind out of green side bunkers and it has been great.
I’ve got to imagine it’s in my head and based only on what I’ve gotten used to seeing when I look down. In fact I’m sure of it.

yeah, the 56 is great...I can’t decide if I want a 58 or 60 now...the 54 would go if grab one of the 2...

I hate this 54 adjusted to 52, it is gone as of today.

I have become pretty obsessed with the high lofted ZipCore wedges. Using the 62 degree and messing around with a 60 And 58 degree as well.

Need to figure out which way I’m going but liking all of the options.

Adding a 48 to the bag soon.

Well the 60 degree low continues to impress. 3 bunker shots yesterday lipped the hole and left easy putts. For a guy that really struggled with bunker play previously I’m extremely happy with ZipCore.

I’ve got to imagine it’s in my head and based only on what I’ve gotten used to seeing when I look down. In fact I’m sure of it.
I have been using my 60 Mid out of bunkers for a couple rounds now and it’s been impressive. A ton of spin, and I am a below average bunker player. 5 stars, would recommend.

The 60 degree just continues to shine. I am 3 rounds in and goodness gracious, it is so versatile. I did not imagine I would be this comfortable this quick.

The 48 is ordered. I’m eager to work with it since I’m working hard to not full swing my SW anymore, Max versatility will be demanded of the GW

The 48 is ordered. I’m eager to work with it since I’m working hard to not full swing my SW anymore, Max versatility will be demanded of the GW
That moved from ponder to order QUICK

Back