Mizuno Releasing JPX 921 Irons: Full Preview

The 921 Forged irons are going to sell well for their segment and I have a feeling they will be real popular with THPers. I’m coming from P790 and Forged Tecs this year and the spin is clearly higher with the 921F, which has made them super consistent with distances. I’m maybe a half a club shorter (maybe a 1/4 of a club - some more data Is needed) but I’m hitting and holding way more greens. That is a trade I will trade every single day.

Forgiveness low on the face is good too - the launch is definitely lower but the distance was basically the same as well struck shots. It’s a different way to get to the same spot. Of course, sweet spot strikes feel amazing and fly so darn true. So darn true.

How much of the differing performance relative to the Forged Tecs/P790s is the head vs the shaft? It may be impossible to answer.

How much of the differing performance relative to the Forged Tecs/P790s is the head vs the shaft? It may be impossible to answer.
I learned a while back that the head will dominate the shaft for performance, so I assume that’s mostly true here too. The full body forged head should spin more then the hollow body heads (at least in most situations) and that’s what I’m seeing here.

I learned a while back that the head will dominate the shaft for performance, so I assume that’s mostly true here too. The full body forged head should spin more then the hollow body heads (at least in most situations) and that’s what I’m seeing here.

That would certainly make sense to me.

Here’s a good review of the models with a great explanation on why hot faced irons have or need stronger lofts.

Here’s a good review of the models with a great explanation on why hot faced irons have or need stronger lofts.

That Fit to Score Guy always makes me feel uneasy for some reason. I've seen his vids over the years. He is better here.

Wow those are super fresh! Less than 2 weeks old!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Too pretty to hit.

For those that have played/hit the Cobra Forged Tecs, how would you compare the forgiveness of the 921 Hot Metal?

Ha same! Kinda a Mr. Rogers wonderfully day in the neighborhood vibe. Creepy smile.

I didn't want to say it, but yes ... lol.

🍆🍆🍆 when did you order ?
I pre ordered on 18th August. Had been fitted for 919 forged. Took a gamble on the 921 F as I had only seen pictures and read the articles. Will only know if the gamble really paid off when I hit them!! If it doesn’t work out they are nice to look at 🤣😂

Back