Lanto for Champion, 2020.

Lots of your standard names there. I would pick the field. Bit surprised that with the course presumably requiring more accuracy than brute strength Morikawa didn't get a single nod.

Lots of your standard names there. I would pick the field. Bit surprised that with the course presumably requiring more accuracy than brute strength Morikawa didn't get a single nod.
Was just going to say the same thing!

I changed last minute from Morikawa. It's such an obvious choice. I have a "putting hunch" though so I went with Rahm and I'm not sure I picked Rahm for anything before.

I really wanted to pick him but he sometimes struggles with the flatstick and I think these greens are going to be tough. Its part of the reason I picked Rory as a bust as well

I changed last minute from Morikawa. It's such an obvious choice. I have a "putting hunch" though so I went with Rahm and I'm not sure I picked Rahm for anything before.

Both solid picks. I have a hunch for a first time winner outside of the top 20. A Micheal Cambell'esque winner.

I didn't want to take him because I thought taking him or Rahm seemed too easy. Obviously I wouldn't be shocked if one of those two won it and DJ is playing some crazy good golf at the moment.

I didn't think Rahm would stand a chance in this Winged Foot rough with his temper. He'll catch a bad break or two, volcano explode anger wise, and basically shoot like a 43 on one of the 9's.

DJ is playing really good golf, but man.. He is so hit or miss in major championships.

I didn't think Rahm would stand a chance in this Winged Foot rough with his temper. He'll catch a bad break or two, volcano explode anger wise, and basically shoot like a 43 on one of the 9's.

DJ is playing really good golf, but man.. He is so hit or miss in major championships.

He's hit basically the two best shots out of rough on the PGA Tour this year. Strong like bull.

He's hit basically the two best shots out of rough on the PGA Tour this year. Strong like bull.

I know he is really good at cutting through that rough pre-shot :ROFLMAO:

Didn't we see a kinder gentler Rahm the week before the Tour Championship?

I know he is really good at cutting through that rough pre-shot :ROFLMAO:

Pre AND Post. Covers all the bases.

I mean Rahm has won at two pretty tough playing venues this season. But yeah that side of him always rears its ugly head right?
DJ played well at the PGA. When he wasn't exactly playing great golf going in. The man has 3 top 2 finishes in the last 5 majors he's played. That's damn solid.

Physically strong? Yes. Mentally? I'm not so sure about that. Also, this rough will probably be a little nastier than Olympia Fields. Just a hunch.

Everyone talking about how hot DJ is, but he did get outplayed by about five shots over four rounds in Atlanta, you know, if you're going by actual score on the course.
Just sayin' .... :confused2:

Pulling for family (Lee Hodges) to make it to the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised to see @Molten as the only one mentioning JT. Feels to me like 1 of the 3 of DJ, Rahm, or JT win this.

Rickie as a sleeper? Yikes is all I can say to that. I'll take Hatton and Niemann as my 2 sleepers.

The winner will be someone outside the big boys. I'm thinking along the lines of Webb, Cantlay, maybe even Morikawa for the double.

The winner will be someone outside the big boys. I'm thinking along the lines of Webb, Cantlay, maybe even Morikawa for the double.

If Morikawa wins, it'll be historic. The Corona Slam.

How many people agree with their picks?

If Morikawa wins, it'll be historic. The Corona Slam.

As much as I am all in on this kid. I don't think he wins... Although I would not be surprised either. His game seems very US open sympatico.

I enjoyed this a lot. I think @MWard has his favorite and sleeper picks backwards. :)

I was going to ask... was a requirement to give picks after consuming a bottle of tequila?

I like the pick of Rahm. With victories at the Memorial and the BMW at Olympia Fields, he has wins on two of the most challenging tracks they played all season. He’ll complete the hat trick at Winged Foot.

I was going to ask... was a requirement to give picks after consuming a bottle of tequila?

The best tequila is the kind poured down the drain without tasting it. I stand by my picks.

It wasn't technically a "requirement" but hey, above and beyond the call of duty.

Back