First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

The 48 is ordered. I’m eager to work with it since I’m working hard to not full swing my SW anymore, Max versatility will be demanded of the GW

did you go with the stock spinner shaft? I think I would want something different with that loft.

did you go with the stock spinner shaft? I think I would want something different with that loft.
I’m going to put my Onyx TI’s from the RTX4’s into these when the 48 comes in

Played a little bit with @BigDill ZipCores today. Pretty sure I will be ordering. Having recent experience with SM8 and MG2 these feel superb. The spin on them is unreal! The P770 GW is 51deg. I’ll play with that one a little before deciding to keep it or order a ZipCore GW

The number of birdies I’ve had coming off an approach with the zipcore wedges is pretty astonishing. One yesterday and one today - both were 100-105 to the pin where I took it a yard or two past and spun it back to pin high and tight. These may just be my favorite wedges.

I have had 4 rounds with the ZipCore and I can honestly say they are the best wedges I have ever played. I like to hit a lot of near full wedge shots and the grind of these wedges are so nice in getting through whatever lie condition I find myself in.

But what stands out most to me is how much spin these clubs generate. I am hopping and stopping from 60+ yards away. Flop and sand shots are much easier than ever before with the 60/Mid. I am in love with the ZipCores.

Even though I have Cobra MIMs on the way, these are still on the back of my mind. Especially if the rumored grind program with the raw is a thing.

And done! 56 and 60 headed my way

50 and 58 are headed this way. Mid in both. The turf interaction and performance are just too good to ignore.

I'm still waiting to experience this. The 54 I ordered showed up while I was gone, but it was a 56 :confused:. Yesterday I went to just buy one, but I seriously couldn't find a 54 anywhere. 3 places and only saw 1, in a demo bin. I don't really want to sell my rtx4s until I actually try one on course, but dang, it's taking a little while. I just want to get zippy!

I love throwing low flight zippy chips around the green with the 60 low bounce. I'm not one to chip much with the 60 unless there was a clear need over the 54. That has changed. I pull it out all the time now.

Little flair to the wedges...

4356C1B5-E4D3-4D67-BD2E-853E8D763275.jpegD08BF3F3-511A-4FB6-AED4-2C7210E6ECBB.jpeg9C3850C4-74D0-4C82-96AE-96ECA3BF62AA.jpeg

Hi there!!

CB634E25-18E1-4FD2-AFB4-E17A0C603599.jpeg

Had a fantastic outing with the ZipCore today. The more I play it the more I get it dialed in. Not sure if I will upgrade the 50* and 58* RTX4 to ZipCore as I still like those quite a bit and have been playing them to great effect alongside the 54* Mid ZipCore, but the temptation is there.

I finally got around to putting a set of Recoil Wedge Proto shafts in my ZipCore wedges (52/56/60) and although I am only one round in, I am real excited about what I have seen and felt so far. I was a bit concerned that I would lose a bit of spin by taking out the DG Spinner shafts, but that was not the case so far. The ball still has an unbelievable amount of backspin on mid to full swing shots, and now I have a bit more feel on partial ones. Plus, the weight of the Wedge Protos seem to blend a bit better with my 110 Proto iron shafts. I really liked the Spinner shafts, but I really REALLY like the Wedge Protos. They still have a nice headweight feel, but seem like a more natural progression from my irons with respect to swing feel.

Yooooooooooooooooo! Now it’s time reshaft to match the 54/62!

C5ACC80C-A756-4A9A-91A4-1CDFD5DB326B.jpegB6CE7CD6-6DBC-4BEA-8C93-CBD536D431F5.jpeg

Was able to get the 54 FULL in my hand today....man what a great looking wedge!!!

Yooooooooooooooooo! Now it’s time reshaft to match the 54/62!

View attachment 8966479View attachment 8966480
Finally reshafted this one with the Onyx DG TI S400 extending it +1/4 and checking the loft and lie. Was actually 51* on the Mitchell which explains a lot of what I’d seen so far, easy fix and we are course bound this morning!

Was able to get the 54 FULL in my hand today....man what a great looking wedge!!!
Riiiiiight? They’ve grown on me, a lot.

Still loving the ZipCore wedges. Flew the fairway leaving a tree and bunker in my way to a tight pin location. Took out the 62° and right over both and stopped on a dime to oar the hole.

These wedges just perform and have so much bite in them. #stoppingpower

E316B2C1-36A3-443A-B362-B5F73F357D41.jpeg

Back