Tour Event 2020 US Open Contest and Thread

Haha, what is the purpose of making something unplayable?

No idea.. If plus 8 or higher is the winning score for these guys that is going to be a pretty dull watch. I know the USGA gets a bit of a bad rap no matter what they do. Pebble and Erin Hills were too easy, Chambers Bay looked ugly. Although I really enjoyed that one.

But plus 8 is kinda crazy to me.

Xander 9/10

I was going to pick him since I thought no one else would but then saw your pick and scrapped the plan and went with someone else that no one would pick. :ROFLMAO:

you could have gone Bubba or Poulter and that would have been better than Sabawheenie.

Haha, what is the purpose of making something unplayable?

I am guessing he is instructed by the USGA. 4 of the 5 US Opens have been over par, I am not expecting it to be any different. There is no bailout for missing bigger this week so I would not be surprised to see a high winning score like +5.

Will Phil lay up like Billy Casper did on the long par 3? I remember him laying up on a par 3 earlier this year. Someone should do it!

JT finally calms down after being featured on the cover of PGA 2K and grabs a US Open victory.

10/10 are golf pridin grippers

you could have gone Bubba or Poulter and that would have been better than Sabawheenie.
Honestly, I saw a few posts earlier that someone had to WD due to Corona and that Sabawheenie was replacing him. It was that easy.

Finau and 9/10

Looks like Spieth is paired with Reed. Maybe the USGA wants Jordan to quit golf.

tiger 7/10

Gotta go Xander!
8/10 play GP

This is tough. Xander. 10/10.

DJ 11/10

Webb Simpson 9/10

Tiger 10/10

Rickie Fowler 9/10

I'm looking at this layout and wondering why the pros would hit driver at all this week given how long and accurate they can be with a 3w. Also with all the greens having severe slopes back to front, It would seem like front of the green would make the most sense on approach shots.

But back to the driver, I am not sure that gives anyone an advantage this week given how penal the rough is for wayward shots and how the greens have small landing areas relative to the overall size.

Back