Review CaddyDaddy Claw Glove Review

I really like the concept and potential value but I’m hesitant to try another especially if you’ve had the same issue with two gloves.

Rod...any tips or ideas on how to dry the tacky surface once it gets wet? Towel doesn’t seem to work? Are there any leftovers from the first version?
This is wild to me, I’ve played both versions in the middle of the summer heat for 2-3 rounds a day at times and not lost tack. I’m a sweater by nature and never had a situation come up where the palm of the grip got slick. You guys must take sweating to the next level :ROFLMAO:

This is wild to me, I’ve played both versions in the middle of the summer heat for 2-3 rounds a day at times and not lost tack. I’m a sweater by nature and never had a situation come up where the palm of the grip got slick. You guys must take sweating to the next level :ROFLMAO:

Lol...I don’t think I sweat anymore than the next guy? Sucks cause I really like the glove before it gets wet and so many people say it stays tacky no matter how wet it gets???

I’d actually like to try one from the first version to see if we just got a bad batch.

I really like the concept and potential value but I’m hesitant to try another especially if you’ve had the same issue with two gloves.

Rod...any tips or ideas on how to dry the tacky surface once it gets wet? Towel doesn’t seem to work? Are there any leftovers from the first version?
Not sure why you're experiencing this. The pattern, materials and silicone have not changed from our 1st to 2nd generation gloves. I just used a spray bottle and soaked a few of my club grips and the palm of both gloves and I have no issues with grip whatsoever after I wipe down the grip a bit with a towel.

Please let me know what grips you have on your clubs as I'd like to do some testing. Thanks

I played in a charity outing this weekend and forgot this golf in my golf shorts from the day before. I had to use an older glove that I had in the bag and found myself missing the grip that this glove gives me. Definitely was not expecting that.

I’ve been biding time reading this thread before I posted my two cents. First let me say customer service is great....had too large a size and was able to get a replacement quickly. I’ve used this glove on the range many times and durability is outstanding. So is performance with the first bucket of balls, however I’m usually sweating profusely by the second bucket and curiously, the glove gets an oily finish on the silicone ribs that won’t wipe off?

At that point I have to switch to a conventional leather glove but the next day the Claw Daddy is ready to go again until sweat gets on the silicone, a little frustrating.

I really want to like this glove, who wouldn’t want a glove that lasts 60 rounds? However, on course use is relegated for cooler temps.
Not sure what the oily finish is as I haven't heard of this issue. Is it possible the glove came in contact with sunscreen? We will buy the grips you have and run some tests as I haven't been able to reproduce what you're experiencing. Thanks

Not sure what the oily finish is as I haven't heard of this issue. Is it possible the glove came in contact with sunscreen? We will buy the grips you have and run some tests as I haven't been able to reproduce what you're experiencing. Thanks
I love the way you stand behind your products Rod. I had sunscreen get on one glove and some dish detergent and warm water solved it for me.

Hi Rod...it’s golf pride z grips on my woods and Lamkin z5 in my irons. It’s not so much the grips as the silicone ribs. Once it’s wet I can’t dry them off with a towel, it’s like they have a residue or something makes it slippery. I don’t use sunscreen so I’m not sure what it could be. I’ve washed it in my washing machine several times because the backing gets dirty but I’ll try degreasing dish soap in he sink next or I’d be happy to send you this glove for testing. I do appreciate the work and passion you have for your products !

Last edited:
Very strange to me also. I sweat like crazy in this 100+ heat, and also often have damp grips from setting them down in the wet rough in the morning - never felt any oily residue or lost the tacky feel on the grips, and I've used 3 different Caddy Daddy gloves - one original and two of the newer model.

Very strange to me also. I sweat like crazy in this 100+ heat, and also often have damp grips from setting them down in the wet rough in the morning - never felt any oily residue or lost the tacky feel on the grips, and I've used 3 different Caddy Daddy gloves - one original and two of the newer model.
I guess it’s just me and the other guy lol...I don’t know but I’m over it. I’m glad Rod stands behind his products and has so many satisfied customers. I’m happy to send him this one back for an autopsy :)

Last edited:
Hi Rod...it’s golf pride z grips on my woods and Lamkin z5 in my irons. It’s not so much the grips as the silicone ribs. Once it’s wet I can’t dry them off with a towel, it’s like they have a residue or something makes it slippery. I don’t use sunscreen so I’m not sure what it could be. I’ve washed it in my washing machine several times because the backing gets dirty but I’ll try degreasing dish soap in he sink next.
Thanks for letting me know your grips. I'll get some ordered today to test. I'm really at a loss on what might be happening with the foreign substance on the silicone though. Please let me know if the degreasing dish soap helps.

I guess it’s just me and the other guy lol...I don’t know but I’m over it. I’m glad Rod stands behind his products and has so many satisfied customers.
To date we've heard something similar from 4 or 5 players so you're not alone. It's a really low % but I do want to get to the bottom of it. Thanks

I guess it’s just me and the other guy lol...I don’t know but I’m over it. I’m glad Rod stands behind his products and has so many satisfied customers. I’m happy to send him this one back for an autopsy :)
Definitely not trying to say it didn't happen or discount your experience, hope I didn't come off that way. It just seems to be a pretty isolated thing, that's all.

Definitely not trying to say it didn't happen or discount your experience, hope I didn't come off that way. It just seems to be a pretty isolated thing, that's all.
No worries! I’m kinda laughing it off as just my luck....only 4 or 5 customers have reported this issue out of thousands and I’m one of them...why couldn’t it have been the lottery!

Lol...I don’t think I sweat anymore than the next guy? Sucks cause I really like the glove before it gets wet and so many people say it stays tacky no matter how wet it gets???

I’d actually like to try one from the first version to see if we just got a bad batch.
We ordered some grips and will do some testing.

I've read reviews from a lot of players that play in humidity that rotate 3-5 leather gloves during a summer round. Wouldn't 2 or 3 of our gloves be plenty to make it through a round or two or a couple buckets of balls? I'm just asking as rotating gloves seems to be a common practice in swampy conditions in TX and the southwest. I'll circle back after I test some different grips. Thanks

We ordered some grips and will do some testing.

I've read reviews from a lot of players that play in humidity that rotate 3-5 leather gloves during a summer round. Wouldn't 2 or 3 of our gloves be plenty to make it through a round or two or a couple buckets of balls? I'm just asking as rotating gloves seems to be a common practice in swampy conditions in TX and the southwest. I'll circle back after I test some different grips. Thanks
I believe rotating would work Rod. I’m going to buy another glove to do just that. In colder temps that wouldn’t even be necessary.

I purchased one to try out over Labor Day weekend as we had 99 holes planned so I thought it would be an opportune time to get a new glove; it was very hot and humid and I was having issues with palm "slickness". I switched it out a lot and I chalked it up to excessive sweat and possibly some beer "sweat" (I might have had a few too many and grabbed a beverage with my glove), I tried drying it with towels and airing it out on the cart and nothing worked.

I tried it again this past weekend I had the same issues when it wasn't hot and humid and I wasn't sweating or grabbing ice cold beers...

I love everything about the glove; fit(normally cadet XL and bought cadet L), finger grip, breathability, easy on/off. But it just slips in the palm area.

I'm probably holding the club wrong or something I kinda suck....

I am using Winn DriTac X grips.

I've hit a couple buckets of balls and one round and haven't thought about my grip or my glove... that's the best it gets. Solid grip and very comfortable, I'm sold.

I purchased one to try out over Labor Day weekend as we had 99 holes planned so I thought it would be an opportune time to get a new glove; it was very hot and humid and I was having issues with palm "slickness". I switched it out a lot and I chalked it up to excessive sweat and possibly some beer "sweat" (I might have had a few too many and grabbed a beverage with my glove), I tried drying it with towels and airing it out on the cart and nothing worked.

I tried it again this past weekend I had the same issues when it wasn't hot and humid and I wasn't sweating or grabbing ice cold beers...

I love everything about the glove; fit(normally cadet XL and bought cadet L), finger grip, breathability, easy on/off. But it just slips in the palm area.

A lot of happy customers and a few bad results makes me wonder if we just got lemons. I just ordered another one to see, at the very least I will rotate it as they do eventually dry during the round. In cooler temps, no sweat no worries...

So you felt like the palm silicone didn't stick to your grip even though your grips and the glove were both dry?

Super strange. The silicone should be consistent across all gloves.

A lot of happy customers and a few bad results makes me wonder if we just got lemons. I just ordered another one to see, at the very least I will rotate it as they do eventually dry during the round. In cooler temps, no sweat no worries...
I'm sure it's possible. LMK how the new one performs. Obviously happy to replace if the original was a lemon.

Not sure why you're experiencing this. The pattern, materials and silicone have not changed from our 1st to 2nd generation gloves. I just used a spray bottle and soaked a few of my club grips and the palm of both gloves and I have no issues with grip whatsoever after I wipe down the grip a bit with a towel.

Please let me know what grips you have on your clubs as I'd like to do some testing. Thanks
Hi Rod - I will say I love your product completely and won't be switching when they remain mostly dry. I will support @Kid Frisco in saying when wet the glove made me nervous enough to switch back to my old leather glove. I was playing MCC Plus 4 grips in a light to moderate rain so obviously conditions weren't going to be ideal for any glove.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Hi Rod - I will say I love your product completely and won't be switching when they remain mostly dry. I will support @Kid Frisco in saying when wet the glove made me nervous enough to switch back to my old leather glove. I was playing MCC Plus 4 grips in a light to moderate rain so obviously conditions weren't going to be ideal for any glove.

Thanks much appreciated @thewilderside. We definitely didn't design as a rain glove but I'm keen on learning everything I can to see if we can improve the tackiness for humid/wet conditions. I know from football that most silicone can get slick from rain but for some players the suede in between the silicone lines has been enough to help them perform in less than ideal conditions.

Please hit me up with a direct email and we'll send another one for testing. I'd like to check the "lemon" possibility. I'm baffled at this point if your glove and grip were dry as that's a new one for us.

So you felt like the palm silicone didn't stick to your grip even though your grips and the glove were both dry?

Super strange. The silicone should be consistent across all gloves.

Yes both dry and across multiple clubs with the same grips. I tried using it on the range before my round this past Sunday(9/13) after not using it or my clubs since Monday(9/7) and right off the bat it was slipping. My grips are in good shape. I did notice that my leather gloves in the palm where it slips is the spot where they wear out the most.

I'm probably an anomaly been playing 8 years and still struggle to break 90, so I must be gripping the club weird or too tight or something, I probably shouldn't have even posted the negatives about the glove.

Thanks much appreciated @thewilderside. We definitely didn't design as a rain glove but I'm keen on learning everything I can to see if we can improve the tackiness for humid/wet conditions. I know from football that most silicone can get slick from rain but for some players the suede in between the silicone lines has been enough to help them perform in less than ideal conditions.
Appreciate the response. Like I mentioned, this glove is incredible in fairly dry conditions, I just did notice the slick feel when wet was noticeable when compared to the old gloves I had played. Absolutely not a deal breaker as this will be the glove in my bag moving forward. Thanks again!

Back