Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
It is hard to make a golf glove stand out above the rest. You can alter materials all you want but inevitably what people consider quality comes back to leather. For Voraus golf that meant creating a glove based around touch, namely touch through the use of smartphones which seem to be always attached to our hips in today’s world.

Quick Take
An interesting solution for a problem that is not necessarily need or that someone might not have been looking for. The quality of materials in the Voraus is top notch, and some of the plushest cabretta leather one could hope for. Function wise, it checks the design boxes it intends for smartphone use through the additional fingertip material, and durability is on its side.

Continue reading...

In looking at the photos how does the area with the stitches feel towards the thumb seems cumbersome but like the idea of bringing ideas to a basic product.

In looking at the photos how does the area with the stitches feel towards the thumb seems cumbersome but like the idea of bringing ideas to a basic product.

About half way through the article, @Jman goes into some detail on that exact thing.

Great write up @Jman, I agree with you. This seems to be a solution in need of a problem somewhat.

Another great article by @Jman ! Not sure this makes me want to pull the trigger on these?

It looks very well made. That being said I don't sense that there is a a shortage of good gloves in the market . Having pioneered a lot of products in my past this will be a challenge. I hope it goes well.

It's not a bad looking glove and I like to hear it's a bit thicker than others. That green is a little louder than I would typically want. I guess I just don't see a demand for a glove that works with a smartphone, especially if you sacrifice a little comfort with that seam. The price is about what I would expect from something like this though.

• Staff
It's not a bad looking glove and I like to hear it's a bit thicker than others. That green is a little louder than I would typically want. I guess I just don't see a demand for a glove that works with a smartphone, especially if you sacrifice a little comfort with that seam. The price is about what I would expect from something like this though.
It’s definitely an amazing interesting segment to go at. Not even sure there is a true segment there that would drive sales to be honest.

seems....interesting. i'm a lefty (golf and normal daily life) and wear my glove on my right hand. i virtually never use my right hand to tap/swipe/whatever on my phone when i'm on the course.

[didn't read the entire article - sorry if this is addressed/discussed]

I just don't see a need for this at all...

Great article JMan, but when a glove is selling itself on being "Smart Phone" Friendly, I just don't see the need. If I need to use my phone during a round, which isn't often, I just take my glove off.

seems....interesting. i'm a lefty (golf and normal daily life) and wear my glove on my right hand. i virtually never use my right hand to tap/swipe/whatever on my phone when i'm on the course.

[didn't read the entire article - sorry if this is addressed/discussed]
It was ;)

Totally agree, and I think it’s the case for most. It’s why I said it’s a solution for something I’m not sure needed a solution.

I was fortunate to just receive a Voraus Glove courtesy of Callaway Live with 21gonzo so I thought I would try it out after reading @Jman article today. Ive been hitting balls in my backyard net throughout the day and I am impressed by the cabretta leather. Currently I have been using the Kirkland brand and you can tell right away the leather is much superior to Costco's brand but that is to be expected. While on the course I just started using the golfpad app because of some Garmin watch issues but I do that with dominant hand so I'm not sure I have the need for it. But for those that do I was able to access my email and play a game of words with friends using the glove today so that aspect of the glove does work. All in all the leather really impressed me and if someone uses there phone alot on the course this glove should suit them fine.

I'll echo the others including Jman, this is a solution without a problem. I'm a natural lefty, but golf right handed and I don't even notice not being able to use my phone to add my score into the app with my glove hand, I either use my right hand or I use my left hand after the hole when my glove is already off from putting.

What percentage of golfers wear their glove 100% of the time during a round. I also wonder when they have the occasion to text while playing. I usually only use my phone between shots while driving and I am glove free. But JMan killed it as usual!!

@Jman - I think you nailed my exact thoughts in your quick take with this, "An interesting solution for a problem that is not necessarily need or that someone might not have been looking for. "

I wear a golf glove on my non-dominant hand, so the need for this just really isn't there.

Not sure if there is significant demand for this plus if I do need to use phone, I just use my ungloved hand to scroll. I have gotten into the habit the past few years of not looking at my phone much during a round as I try to escape from work completely as it is not good for my game 😜.

I guess I've just never had an issue using my phone.
I like that they are trying to put something new out though!

Back