i'm not sure if we can be friends anymore

I do have a Mavrik that I borrow from my son's bag. Now that club sounds and feels like a golf club should feel.

I do have a Mavrik that I borrow from my son's bag. Now that club sounds and feels like a golf club should feel.

haha look at your comment that i quoted. i bolded the part where you said you played vas irons in the 90s!!!

haha look at your comment that i quoted. i bolded the part where you said you played vas irons in the 90s!!!

Oh, the VAS experience was short lived. I was a newbie to golf, Corey Pavin just won the Open and I needed loads of forgiveness. I moved on to Titleist 962's afterwards and then Miura CB-201's when I knew more and was too ambitious. I'm sure there were a few sets of Pings mixed in there, too. :)

a video was released for this today. i've watched this guy hit lots of clubs since subscribing to his channel. i can't remember him hitting a driver with a sound i didn't like. but if it's any indication, i did not like the sound of the any of the g425 lineup when he was hitting it. my only complaint with the 400 max when i gamed it was the sound. it was, well, not good. i was interested to see whether ping would improve on the sound with the 425 max, and early indications are less than thrilling for me. i'll probably still try it, but the sound definitely stood out to me.

My SZ Xtreme sounds like trash but if it’s getting me 10 more yds on average And the same FIR % than my normal gamer I’m gaming it.

This will be no different if it produces.

Only time I really notice sound is when comparing side by side with another club. Once I get it on the course and the sound normalizes I don’t notice it any longer.

everyone is different though. I’m just not one that gets hung up on sound.

My SZ Xtreme sounds like trash but if it’s getting me 10 more yds on average And the same FIR % than my normal gamer I’m gaming it.

This will be no different if it produces.

Only time I really notice sound is when comparing side by side with another club. Once I get it on the course and the sound normalizes I don’t notice it any longer.

everyone is different though. I’m just not one that gets hung up on sound.

i agree. szx sounds awful. if it produces, i agree sound is irrelevant. but my understanding is the 410 had a great sound. if 425 is a step back in sound, it better perform a good bit better.

The late release got ping in a bind. I called about a 3w yesterday and they no longer have any heads in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called as well as got fitted for a G410 driver and hate to buy now with the G425 around the corner. They 6 weeks out on G410, so why not just release G425 in the states?

I called as well as got fitted for a G410 driver and hate to buy now with the G425 around the corner. They 6 weeks out on G410, so why not just release G425 in the states?
I ordered a G410 driver in August and got it in 3 weeks.

I ordered a G410 driver in August and got it in 3 weeks.

Same. Mine arrives Tuesday. Now fairway and hybrid I’m hearing November

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought one yesterday in Australia, they are outselling everything here and Ping can't keep up with demand.

Got fitted to the Max with a Stiff Tensei Orange shaft, distance improved from my old GBB from 2015, but it was the dispersion improvement that got me to spend the crazy amount of $850 on a club.

It is a loud club off the face, but no different to most offerings this year.

Bought one yesterday in Australia, they are outselling everything here and Ping can't keep up with demand.

Got fitted to the Max with a Stiff Tensei Orange shaft, distance improved from my old GBB from 2015, but it was the dispersion improvement that got me to spend the crazy amount of $850 on a club.

It is a loud club off the face, but no different to most offerings this year.

Looks really good too. I like the neutral colors (black, gray and white) that match any bag setup.

My driver, fw and hybrid via an buddy in Seoul is due to arrive today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking forward to the G425 Max. Had the G400 Max and loved it but it spun too much for me although it was an absolute fairway finder for me. Also, did not like the sound nor feel of it. Enter the G410 LST I'm currently bagging and better sound/feel, cut off the spin, longer but not as accurate. If the G425 Max is more forgiving than the G400 Max, sounds better and spins less, I'm all in.

Do wish they removed the turbulators on the driver like they did on the fw and hybrids though. Makes no sense to me not to have them all matching. The crown of the fw and hybrids look much better.

Looking forward to the G425 Max. Had the G400 Max and loved it but it spun too much for me although it was an absolute fairway finder for me. Also, did not like the sound nor feel of it. Enter the G410 LST I'm currently bagging and better sound/feel, cut off the spin, longer but not as accurate. If the G425 Max is more forgiving than the G400 Max, sounds better and spins less, I'm all in.

Do wish they removed the turbulators on the driver like they did on the fw and hybrids though. Makes no sense to me not to have them all matching. The crown of the fw and hybrids look much better.
No - the Turbulators and dragon fly remain on the driver.

Think Ping is kinda stuck with them, otherwise people are going to say it looks too much like the G25 or Anser without them.
1604342488533.png

I actually like the turbulators and was also a fan of the visable dragonfly tech on the g400's.

Any talk of the new Ping driver coming out?

i held the 425 max in hand today. still had plastic and wasn’t shafted so i didn’t hit it. top down looked very similar to 400 max, maybe a darker gray, and to my eye it seemed to be more rounded in the rear and less triangular. the sole won’t offend anyone, but it won’t grab anyone’s attention in a store either. if i have a chance to hit it i’ll report back here.

Last edited:
been lots of talk for months now - and it's been selling well in a few countries other than the States in recent weeks

I'm ready to try both the driver and irons. I liked the g410 irons but got a better deal on the Apex 19 line thanks to trade in bonus. At the time those were really my final choices. Saying these are slightly smaller makes them an attractive option to me.

Does anyone have a list of the custom shafts for the driver and irons? Thank you and stay safe.

I will try the G425 driver when it comes out because of what I've read from people who have tried it out and how impressed they were. I still play the 400 MAX and still say it was one of my best driver purchases ever.

Back