Review Arccos Caddie Link Review

Went out for another 18 with the Link. Honestly, I'm no closer to knowing whether I'll like or not. On the first 9, it missed 2 tee shots and one iron from the fairway. Second 9, missed 1 tee shot. However, the putting is still STRUGGLING hard. Added a bunch of putts again today.

I can deal with the putting being poor, because most Arccos users (myself included) tend to check the putting mid round. I also keep count of putts on my card, so I'm not entirely dependent on Arccos. Obviously, would like it to get it right, so that analysis is more accurate.

I did not have any detected shots which is incorrectly located, which is good (and something I saw once yesterday). I did not have any wedges detected on the greens from dropping a wedge (saw 1 yesterday). Really, the only thing holding me back is missing shots. It's not so bad off the tee, because I can add the shot and get it right. But definitely can't miss any 2nd shots, I won't always remember the distance covered or distance remaining from that moment in time, to accurately add the shot later.

Things I haven't tested yet: AirPods for music/calls during round, and placement other than bottom of left pocket opening. I'm going to put it on my belt for my next round, although I worry about it getting covered by thick polos that come untucked.

I am definitely a fan of not having my phone in my pocket, that is rapidly growing on me. I really want Link to work, I just need to be able to trust it.
Where have you been placing it? And like I said in the article, it had the same issue as the phone with putting - it’s essentially the sale detection as the phone but in a smaller package with better battery life.

Where have you been placing it? And like I said in the article, it had the same issue as the phone with putting - it’s essentially the sale detection as the phone but in a smaller package with better battery life.
I’ve had it clipped onto my left pocket opening. Mic on outside. So about 4 inches lower than belt. I’m going to try it on the belt next. Polos don’t stay tucked in very well for me, so it would be a better spot, but maybe it’s that sensitive to location and directional angle to catch the sensor sound.

About the putting, that’s what I was expecting, but the phone detection was never this bad for me. I’m going to keep trying things out until I have a solid idea on all the little details. I want it to work

I’ve had it clipped onto my left pocket opening. Mic on outside. So about 4 inches lower than belt. I’m going to try it on the belt next. Polos don’t stay tucked in very well for me, so it would be a better spot, but maybe it’s that sensitive to location and directional angle to catch the sensor sound.

About the putting, that’s what I was expecting, but the phone detection was never this bad for me. I’m going to keep trying things out until I have a solid idea on all the little details. I want it to work

This is where I had it for my 2 rounds and it went about as well as my phone does.

I wore the Link under some rain gear like material and it missed a lot of iron shots. If you are wearing rain gear, definitely take the Arccos advice and clip it on your pocket because it being covered in noisy materials blocked some detection.

Just got my Link after being on pre-order for what seemed like forever! Of course league is over now so the music thing really isn't an issue but will have to get this charged up for my next round

TLDR: Link is great and exactly what I'd hoped for.

Got another round in with the Link. Moved it to my belt, just slightly to my left. Was a little nervous because it was under my polo practically all day long. But, there's definitely something about that placement that made the difference. Not only did it not miss any swing club shots, I didn't have a single hole that it completely missed my putts. The putting was exactly as it has been with my phone.

I still have not tested using AirPods for a phone call, or playing music, but at least I have confidence in Link working equally as well as the phone at minimum. Very pleased I won't need to worry about whether my shirt is covering it or not.

TLDR: Link is great and exactly what I'd hoped for.

Got another round in with the Link. Moved it to my belt, just slightly to my left. Was a little nervous because it was under my polo practically all day long. But, there's definitely something about that placement that made the difference. Not only did it not miss any swing club shots, I didn't have a single hole that it completely missed my putts. The putting was exactly as it has been with my phone.

I still have not tested using AirPods for a phone call, or playing music, but at least I have confidence in Link working equally as well as the phone at minimum. Very pleased I won't need to worry about whether my shirt is covering it or not.
Love hearing this and glad you like it. Are you using the pin marking feature still?

Love hearing this and glad you like it. Are you using the pin marking feature still?
I did a few times yesterday, although sometimes it is more difficult when people are kicking your ball back to you. It is fine, although I'm not sold it's completely accurate. To be fair, whenever I've marked a pin manually in the past, I watch the blue GPS dot move around on the green and take a while to get settled. I'm not sure what it is but Arccos GPS accuracy has always been wonky for me on greens (like if I go back to edit pin and first putt spot).

I did a few times yesterday, although sometimes it is more difficult when people are kicking your ball back to you. It is fine, although I'm not sold it's completely accurate. To be fair, whenever I've marked a pin manually in the past, I watch the blue GPS dot move around on the green and take a while to get settled. I'm not sure what it is but Arccos GPS accuracy has always been wonky for me on greens (like if I go back to edit pin and first putt spot).
Yeah, I’d guess it’s as accurate as any other location - so +/- a yard or two (I’m guessing). And when people hit your ball back to you, just walk to the pin when you are walking off the green. It’s what I’ve incorporated into my routine and it works when I remember to do it

Used mine for the first time today, like it so much better then the phone in my pocket. The only misses i experienced where putts, which was the same as when the phone was in my pocket. Not all putts where missed but 5 over the course of a round - it didn’t miss any full shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had 3 or 4 missed shots tdoday, but all with my driver and pitching wedge, same clubs that I had missed shots with last week. Guessing it is battery drain and I am thinking it might be time to replace those, or just buy a new set. Really like being able to play music from my phone and not have to bring my tablet like I was before the link. Not sure how accurate the set pin is, but I remembered to do it on about half the holes. Pretty simple and a great feature that should help out with putting/approach stats.

I used the Link for the first time today. Right out of the box, it paired quickly and updated firmware. After that I never thought about it again honestly. I put it on my belt and it seemed to work pretty well. There were a couple missed shots but nothing crazy. Oddly enough I played with my phone in the pocket the whole round as I found myself using Arccos quite a bit for GPS today instead of the laser. I did forget to test the pin location button though.

I used the Link for the first time today. Right out of the box, it paired quickly and updated firmware. After that I never thought about it again honestly. I put it on my belt and it seemed to work pretty well. There were a couple missed shots but nothing crazy. Oddly enough I played with my phone in the pocket the whole round as I found myself using Arccos quite a bit for GPS today instead of the laser. I did forget to test the pin location button though.
Old habits die hard and as a walker, where else am I going to put it? I use it for distances to water every few holes!

Really wish I grabbed this on preorder finding out it’s now $129 is rubbish

Really wish I grabbed this on preorder finding out it’s now $129 is rubbish

I saw that yesterday when I had to order a new sensor i lost. They are really getting high in price on the link.

@phoffer care to share your thoughts on how arccos prices their products? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I had lost a sensor and when I went to order I saw that they were 14 bucks. If you read below and you are signed up with them as a user already you can use your email and a code they have to cut the sensor price to 7 bucks for your replacements.

@phoffer care to share your thoughts on how arccos prices their products? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
A dinosaur style company that doesn't realize they're a startup and has no coherent vision

I had lost a sensor and when I went to order I saw that they were 14 bucks. If you read below and you are signed up with them as a user already you can use your email and a code they have to cut the sensor price to 7 bucks for your replacements.

That's a pretty good deal actually. Love that they have them in the grips now, wish it would be putter.

After watching @jdtox with the link this past weekend, I really want one, just not at the price

That's a pretty good deal actually. Love that they have them in the grips now, wish it would be putter.

After watching @jdtox with the link this past weekend, I really want one, just not at the price
Yeah I would have never paid that for it, thats crazy.

Yeah I would have never paid that for it, thats crazy.

Now that I have it I really like it. That price is really pushing it for sure.

I like the device and it does as it describes. I haven't had any issues with missed shots, I can play music, etc. My biggest complaint is the app is no longer running in the front so when I open my phone it makes it a little more work to access it when using the link vs using the phone.

I like the device and it does as it describes. I haven't had any issues with missed shots, I can play music, etc. My biggest complaint is the app is no longer running in the front so when I open my phone it makes it a little more work to access it when using the link vs using the phone.

Same results here I just need to remember to mark the pin location. I like just leaving my phone in the cart all of the time.

Cobra sells the embedded sensors for $5. The Link is, ultimately, comparable to a GPS watch without a screen. So a sensor + Link package from Arccos is $310, plus $100/year after the first year, while ShotSchope's V3 is $220 and one time cost.

Arccos should be trying to get its sensors on every club on the planet.

Back