Will You Travel For Golf This Year?

Every year for the last five years me and my friends take a golf trip to the Scottsdale area in late February early March. This year we are talking about it. There are some great non-stop airfares at Southwest Buffalo to Phoenix. We are talking about it now. It sounds like things in the area are ok and we are leaning that way. Love it out there and it really breaks up the Winter for us. Im pretty sure we are going to do it. Hope we do as i love that trip.

I hope for your sake that NY's travel restrictions will have changed by that time. Those travel restrictions, namely the 14 day quarantine upon return to NY, have caused me to cancel out of a golf trip to Vegas next month.

AZ is currently doing a good/fair job. Much better than what happened June-July. Hopefully complacency does not set in.

If you and your group want to Tee it up with some AZ THPers or need any information don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks that would be great.

I hope for your sake that NY's travel restrictions will have changed by that time. Those travel restrictions, namely the 14 day quarantine upon return to NY, have caused me to cancel out of a golf trip to Vegas next month.
Thats a great point. If restrictions are in place none of us would be able to do that. Will have to make sure if we book everything can be cancelled and refunded.

Thats a great point. If restrictions are in place none of us would be able to do that. Will have to make sure if we book everything can be cancelled and refunded.

I'm hoping that they are lifted as I usually go to Tampa twice in the fall and twice in the spring.

I’ve traveled by ✈️ early on.

Been traveling mostly driving for golf.

Getting in a plane in less than a month for the MC

I’ve traveled by ✈ early on.

Been traveling mostly driving for golf.

Getting in a plane in less than a month for the MC

As Meat Loaf once sang: "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad". And you can figure out which two I mean. :cry:

I would like to get down to see my parents in FL. They are in their late 70s though so I am a little wary of traveling to see them.

As of today, Arizona is no longer on the list requiring quarantine. But that could change back. I would keep checking with the State Health Department.

Our NC trip that was supposed to be now was cancelled due to covid. Looking ahead to March, I am hoping to make it happen. We’d likely drive down, so we will see. No telling how things will go with the second wave or whatever on top of flu season. Wife is a medical resident so she has pretty darn strict quarantine regulations.

My partner in TX had to have hernia surgery, so that trip is off, but I think I have the wife talked into taking a 'spiritual retreat' in AZ so I can get my golf travel fix. :D

I’d love to do a golf vacation somewhere, anywhere! As of now, I only have one guy I golf with and he’s not much into travel. If this Covid thing ever settles down, I’d love to join up with other THPers on a trip.

Just got back from Scottsdale. Played 5 courses in 3 days. Their covid procedures are all over the map. Wear a mask inside the clubhouse (but they won't say anything if you don't). Two to a cart? No problem. Go out to eat? Absolutely must wear your mask inside until you sit down, then covid floats right over your head so no problem there. :LOL:

But the golf was incredible. TPC Scottsdale (Champions and Stadium), Troon North Pinnacle and the Boulders, wrapped it up with Kierland. Love Arizona golf!

My group of high school buddies (12 of us) had a good weekend booked New York but it got cancelled by COVID.

My wife and I have looked at it for this winter but our home still has a mandatory 14 day quarantine in return. I can't see booking 3 weeks off to sit in my house for two of them. :banghead:

Having a little week in the south west of England.

Starting at Burnham and Berrow , top 30 course in England , followed by a three day jolly in Dorset, playing Ferndown,Remedy Oak and Parkstone.

Having a little week in the south west of England.

Starting at Burnham and Berrow , top 30 course in England , followed by a three day jolly in Dorset, playing Ferndown,Remedy Oak and Parkstone.

Played B&B last year. Quite fine...Made way south to the courses along the SW Coast...St Enodoc was the draw and fab but the diamond in rough was Perranporth….What a blast that was. The SW Coast in maybe one of the best bangs for your buck anywhere....But those roads are treacherous....Ha...Enjoy.

Just got back from Seattle area last week. 4 rounds in 5 days. The travel was not terrible but if there is a big risk of catching the rona.

B&B was superb, as good as Barnbougle, reminded me of NSW which is high praise.

Think I might join as it is only one hour away.

B&B was superb, as good as Barnbougle, reminded me of NSW which is high praise.

Think I might join as it is only one hour away.
That is very high praise. Pro gave me a tour. Very welcoming club.

My partner in TX had to have hernia surgery, so that trip is off, but I think I have the wife talked into taking a 'spiritual retreat' in AZ so I can get my golf travel fix. :D
Another trip got cancelled (not by us), so I'm pretty much willing to spend 2 of the 4 or 5 days with her Shaman at this point to make this one happen.

Another trip got cancelled (not by us), so I'm pretty much willing to spend 2 of the 4 or 5 days with her Shaman at this point to make this one happen.
What happened? AZ was very welcoming to me last week.

What happened? AZ was very welcoming to me last week.
Oh, nothing in AZ. I'm still pushing her towards that trip. It was one to N. Carolina that we're not doing now. TX and TEN in Dec now, and AZ hopefully around Halloween. (y)

Sure am, headed to the Ben Hogan - UST Mamiya Experience in November :D First time ever traveling strictly for golf. VT will want me to quarantine upon return (likely) but I work in NH and my employer requires masking up for 14 days rather than straight quarantine.

Back