Video Perfect Putting Posture and Setup?

Great video.....will have to give this a try tonight, one area I find is I believe a big difference between a great putting round and a poor day (burning edges) is inconsistent setup. Maybe this will help find the holy grail. Thanks again fellas.

The challenge is who defines what is perfect posture for putting?

The challenge is who defines what is perfect posture for putting?

Majority of golfers do not have a consistent posture when it comes to putting. By utilizing RST (hiding the red dot), a golfer will get in a consistent and athletic posture for every single putt. Having a consistent starting point allows a golfer to become more comfortable when making putts.

Majority of golfers do not have a consistent posture when it comes to putting. By utilizing RST (hiding the red dot), a golfer will get in a consistent and athletic posture for every single putt. Having a consistent starting point allows a golfer to become more comfortable when making putts.
In my opinion, your statement about "consistent posture" is not well defined. What is the basis for this? I agree that consistency is important (at least for my game it seems), yet who and what defines "consistent posture" when related to golf position for putting? Does low scoring? Is it based on certain players forms and how they putt?

We see good putters have some of the strangest setups in posture (in my opinion of what I think good golf posture is), yet they are good putters because they are good at green reading, stroke, putter head position, smoothness, repeatability (maybe this is what you are aiming at), tempo, rhythm, and above all CTP shots.

I am trying to think if I could pick one thing from good putting what it would be. I think I would have to pick smoothness in follow through toward their target area following the best line possible.

The thing I notice about observing golfers is different things work for different people and putting has not proven to be the exception from my observation. Of course, to each his own.

Dave Stockton has an interesting comment in one of his books on his putting philosophy that putting is the only part of the game that a child can intuitively understand and do without any coaching beyond showing him which end of the club to hold.

In my opinion, your statement about "consistent posture" is not well defined. What is the basis for this? I agree that consistency is important (at least for my game it seems), yet who and what defines "consistent posture" when related to golf position for putting? Does low scoring? Is it based on certain players forms and how they putt?

We see good putters have some of the strangest setups in posture (in my opinion of what I think good golf posture is), yet they are good putters because they are good at green reading, stroke, putter head position, smoothness, repeatability (maybe this is what you are aiming at), tempo, rhythm, and above all CTP shots.

I am trying to think if I could pick one thing from good putting what it would be. I think I would have to pick smoothness in follow through toward their target area following the best line possible.

The thing I notice about observing golfers is different things work for different people and putting has not proven to be the exception from my observation. Of course, to each his own.

Dave Stockton has an interesting comment in one of his books on his putting philosophy that putting is the only part of the game that a child can intuitively understand and do without any coaching beyond showing him which end of the club to hold.

Consistent posture means consistent. Taking out variables.

Consistent posture means consistent. Taking out variables.
I get that. So taking out the variables we use a consistent posture, but don't know what the correct posture is because it has not been defined. If my posture is consistent and it is very different from yours, both of us would be correct. So we come back to no one thing is necessarily applicable for each golfer.

I get that. So taking out the variables we use a consistent posture, but don't know what the correct posture is because it has not been defined. If my posture is consistent and it is very different from yours, both of us would be correct. So we come back to no one thing is necessarily applicable for each golfer.

Im not sure one could say something is best. Everybody has ailments or body types, but with proper instruction you can find your sweet spot. This was about finding a consistency and removing variables.

Consistent posture is defined (by utilizing the RST in a SeeMore putter "hiding the red dot" at setup position) as getting in a comfortable, athletic position (per video). We have found that this is the easiest and most consistent way to putter better. Sure there are other ways for posture and setup but can one be consistent in doing this? One of the only ways to be consistent at that particular posture/setup is by practicing. A great deal of golfers do not practice their putting on a consistent basis. Therefore utilizing RST gets a golfer in a comfortable and consistent posture for every single putt (even if they do not do a great deal of practicing). Even if you do not use a SeeMore for your round of golf you can use it as a training aid to practice your posture while at home watching golf or on the putting green.

We can take a picture of someone's posture today, tomorrow, a week from now and even a year from now. The only thing that will change in these images will be their clothes. By hiding the red dot, their posture will be the same for every image.

I found myself doing this today for about 20 minutes as I noticed my set up had changed a little bit. Working on getting everything centered and my posture back to a comfortable spot. I find that sometimes I get a little lazy and quick with it in this little drill brings it back for me

Im not sure one could say something is best. Everybody has ailments or body types, but with proper instruction you can find your sweet spot. This was about finding a consistency and removing variables.
I find this video interesting because my putting has been pretty poor lately. Last night I was out and in some Youtube rabbit hole I heard that your arms almost want to be stiff as it allows for you to take out the angles and any variables that can be had from bent arms. That being said, it is extremely uncomfortable and I for one believe it messes with the rest of your posture. I may give this a try as it seems to involve a whole body setup.

I find this video interesting because my putting has been pretty poor lately. Last night I was out and in some Youtube rabbit hole I heard that your arms almost want to be stiff as it allows for you to take out the angles and any variables that can be had from bent arms. That being said, it is extremely uncomfortable and I for one believe it messes with the rest of your posture. I may give this a try as it seems to involve a whole body setup.

Send us a note (info@seemore.com) or call (615-435-8015) us if you have any questions. Not only do we talk about putters but also instruction/fitting questions. Always happy to help. We have time for you. (y)

Starting doing this drill in the tech studio and really think I found a good routine

Great quick fix for putting.

Interesting tonsee Dax improve 3 strokes in the first round.

My putting is strong right now so won’t apply these tips

Back