MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone used CBD as a sleep aid? Is there a tolerance that is built up to it? I have heard good things about it and my wife has a major issue sleeping through the night. I want her to get some much needed rest!

I've tried it for sleep but it didn't work as well as time release Melatonin

My best man uses the CBD-THC mixture and swears by it.....like 1 or 2 drops at night

CBD oil hasn't helped me sleep, per se. I still tend to wake up 1-3 times/night. But I do seem to fall back to sleep more quickly and easily than I used to. I also take a 5mg melatonin before bed.

I’ve used it for other things and the results are very mixed. I think it’s because there can be a lot of variance in the actual dosage within the CBD

Has anyone used CBD as a sleep aid? Is there a tolerance that is built up to it? I have heard good things about it and my wife has a major issue sleeping through the night. I want her to get some much needed rest!

Im in the same boat. So much out there I’m not who to trust. I listened to the NLU podcast and they are sponsored by curious how effective it is

Im in the same boat. So much out there I’m not who to trust. I listened to the NLU podcast and they are sponsored by curious how effective it is
A radio show in Minneapolis also mentions a different brand, I just want my wife to feel rested! I wouldn't mind using it occasionally

A radio show in Minneapolis also mentions a different brand, I just want my wife to feel rested! I wouldn't mind using it occasionally
Same, my wife struggles to fall asleep and is easily woken. So I just want something to help her maximize her rest during sleep

Try CBN for sleep.
Does the N stand for Narcotics? HAHA I will look into it the CBN! Thanks!

I came to say this. CBN is Cannabinol. This is the cannabinoid that is responsible for sleep aid aspect of MJ. Strains known to promote sleep have a naturally higher content of CBN. Start easy with it,though. Since it does affect sleep, it could be the one cannabinoid that is habit forming and has an OD potential.

I came to say this. CBN is Cannabinol. This is the cannabinoid that is responsible for sleep aid aspect of MJ. Strains known to promote sleep have a naturally higher content of CBN. Start easy with it,though. Since it does affect sleep, it could be the one cannabinoid that is habit forming and has an OD potential.
Thank you for the information!

I tried Muscle Max CBD Oil for Sleep and I didn't get the results I was hoping for.

I'm thinking that CBD or CBN might be more for pain relief than anything else. But I've heard stories both ways. The thing that makes me reluctant to try it is the cost. That stuff is not cheap, and I already have pain relief alternatives.

I have literally no experience with CBD, but I did get a container of CBD lip balm with my theragun shipment today. I have no idea what CBD is supposed to do for my lips...lol...?

I have literally no experience with CBD, but I did get a container of CBD lip balm with my theragun shipment today. I have no idea what CBD is supposed to do for my lips...lol...?
You can kiss that lip anxiety goodbye?

CBN might not be readily available everywhere because CBN is created by the oxidation of THC. Also I would strongly disagree with OD potential statement. It has never happened ever, so yeah. Also, little is known about CBN and its effects as a sleep aid could just be the effects of trace THC.

CBN might not be readily available everywhere because CBN is created by the oxidation of THC. Also I would strongly disagree with OD potential statement. It has never happened ever, so yeah. Also, little is known about CBN and its effects as a sleep aid could just be the effects of trace THC.

You may be correct. However CBN can and is being extracted and isolated, just like any of the other cannabinoids. There is a lot of research needed on all the molecules present (cannabinoids and terpenes) to determine what each and or combinations do. If a molecule is proven to induce sleep...it would have an OD potential. that is all I'm saying.

I believe you are referring to a chemical process called “decarboxylation” ? I read up on it once in a science book.

THC(a) cannot become THC without it.

Very little to worry about in the OD area unless mixed with something, but every individual is their own person.

What might be Monday night to me is an OD to someone with no experience.

something that may help that's not CBD is Ambien. My wife takes it because she wasn't sleeping well. As long as she takes it then gets into bed almost immediately, there are no episodes where she's visiting with the Ambien Walrus and going on an adventure she'll never remember.

It's true that Ambien does that though. She won't get into bed immediately and won't remember straightening the closet or bathroom the next morning..:LOL:

something that may help that's not CBD is Ambien. My wife takes it because she wasn't sleeping well. As long as she takes it then gets into bed almost immediately, there are no episodes where she's visiting with the Ambien Walrus and going on an adventure she'll never remember.

It's true that Ambien does that though. She won't get into bed immediately and won't remember straightening the closet or bathroom the next morning..:LOL:

I took it for 15 years.

Yeah there are a lot of nights with fuzzy details. But overall, a positive medicine if you don’t have the side effects.

I believe you are referring to a chemical process called “decarboxylation” ? I read up on it once in a science book.

THC(a) cannot become THC without it.

Very little to worry about in the OD area unless mixed with something, but every individual is their own person.

What might be Monday night to me is an OD to someone with no experience.
you are correct about the THC(a) to THC. However the process from THC to CBN is not decarboxylation.

you are correct about the THC(a) to THC. However the process from THC to CBN is not decarboxylation.

Hold on now.....

I finally figured something out and NOW you’re questioning it? Lol! I’d be asleep if I could figure out the other process.

I take CBD most nights usually 4 drops. I can't say for sure if it makes a difference but I do feel like I sleep better. I don't see a downside to trying it except for the cost it isn't cheap. I use the Urbal Active product which is water based instead of oil which is supposed to be easier on your stomach.

I use CBD everyday. I take about 25mg with breakfast and 25mg before bed. It certainly helps me calm down a bit before bed. I also started taking GABA before bed and I have for sure noticed a difference when I added that to the CBD. Whether it’s all in my head, who knows, but I can personally tell a difference and I am not a good sleeper

Back