Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

Gonna get out tomorrow and head to the range. Excited to see the ball flight in real time!

Hope it performs for you. I am eager to hear your feedback.

The most apt quote in this thread from Sir HarryPotter >>> You can still slice it. That said, if you are just a bit off , the lateral mitigation is crazy.

I’m enjoying the write ups so far and glad others are seeing what I did. Not sure when it will arrive, but I’m trading the Mavrik for the Bertha.

I wanted to try the B21 with the ventus blue yesterday at the scramble, but my wrench was inadvertently left at home, so I rolled with the RCH.

I will reiterate what others have said the B21: it is not a mask for a truly **** swing. You can still slice it. That said, if you are just a bit off , the lateral mitigation is crazy.

I am a big fan of the sound / feel of the standard Mavrik but I will echo James here, I think this thing is better. Touch more solid. It’s pure joy to hit.

The RCH just works. It still feels a touch loose in the tip to me, but it straight up performs. I am not a long ball hitter, but the stability of the head and shaft encourage me to really go after it, snd the number of straight and baby fade bombs yesterday were sky high. Touching 300 twice into the wind, and I don’t say that to brag, as it isn’t the norm, but only to highlight that B21 makes ZERO concessions when it comes to distance.

it’s a marvel. I don’t know how they did it, but I’m glad they did. I encourage anyone on the fence to just try it. Even if you might not think it’s for you, at least hit it. It’s really fun.

And the blue crown is perfect.
Please, when you can, go and hit a few with your Ventus blue shaft and let me know your thoughts.
From your post, it looks like you really liked the RCH performance. Was it the 55 or 65?

I feel like this is a driver a person tries, hits the first 2 left and from there out adjusts and the rest is fantastic.
It’s a driver you can adjust to very quickly.
IMO

Im sad to report that after 3 shaft changes this thing is not for me. I wasnt able to have any kind of consistency with it. I’ll stick the the turbo launcher and the mav max for now.

I wanted to try the B21 with the ventus blue yesterday at the scramble, but my wrench was inadvertently left at home, so I rolled with the RCH.

I will reiterate what others have said the B21: it is not a mask for a truly **** swing. You can still slice it. That said, if you are just a bit off , the lateral mitigation is crazy.

I am a big fan of the sound / feel of the standard Mavrik but I will echo James here, I think this thing is better. Touch more solid. It’s pure joy to hit.

The RCH just works. It still feels a touch loose in the tip to me, but it straight up performs. I am not a long ball hitter, but the stability of the head and shaft encourage me to really go after it, snd the number of straight and baby fade bombs yesterday were sky high. Touching 300 twice into the wind, and I don’t say that to brag, as it isn’t the norm, but only to highlight that B21 makes ZERO concessions when it comes to distance.

it’s a marvel. I don’t know how they did it, but I’m glad they did. I encourage anyone on the fence to just try it. Even if you might not think it’s for you, at least hit it. It’s really fun.

And the blue crown is perfect.
Hey, 300 is longer than me and most of the world, time to retire that not a long ball hitter thing :ROFLMAO:

I feel like this is a driver a person tries, hits the first 2 left and from there out adjusts and the rest is fantastic.
It’s a driver you can adjust to very quickly.
IMO
I think the fear of left thing is being overplayed in the heads of many when it comes to thinking about this. It’s not going to magically cause hooks or for faders to start hitting draws automatically. It definitely takes flights to more neutral though.

The most apt quote in this thread from Sir HarryPotter >>> You can still slice it. That said, if you are just a bit off , the lateral mitigation is crazy.

I have no idea why, but after reading the bold I thought "That's what she said". After rereading I think my brain is broken LOL!

My favorite thing @HarryPotter said was about the blue crown. This club looks amazing. It's beautiful. The blue they picked with the Spiderman red is such a good combo.

My options for golf equipment when I go into town is a small Edwin Watts and DSG. Neither had the B21 driver. I even had trade bait in the trunk.

I wish I could get a 7.0 version. :ROFLMAO:

More on that today though!

I wish I could get a 7.0 version. :ROFLMAO:

More on that today though!
So we can expect the full review today? Different shafts, thoughts, experiences, likes and dislikes? In the bag, not in the bag, etc.???????

I CANNOT WAIT.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

I’m continuing to have extremely good results with this driver. Range this morning, everyday it gets better and better. I’m actually hitting this driver a little higher which was needed. Happy camper here.

So we can expect the full review today? Different shafts, thoughts, experiences, likes and dislikes? In the bag, not in the bag, etc.???????

I CANNOT WAIT.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
There will be an update.

As for in the bag or not, that’s not my goal with this one, my focus during the forum review period is on if it does what it claims more than anything else. (y)

My options for golf equipment when I go into town is a small Edwin Watts and DSG. Neither had the B21 driver. I even had trade bait in the trunk.

Sounds like it’s time for you to visit.

😳😳😳😳😳😳😁

Played 18 with this in the bag today. It was as good as any driving round that I can remember. 8/12 FIR. Shot Scope has the performance average at 287 yards, which is really out there for me. Keep in mind that I play at 4000 feet, but this would be an average of about 265 yards at sea level. I really crushed a couple of drives. The screenshots are below:

351AAA30-9B01-4F6A-AEEE-DDC1451E035A.jpeg3F4BA692-83A1-4A24-93DB-2DE5CB326504.jpeg

Played a round today. Hit a couple of bombs. Got to hole 17 next to my house and checked the porch (course was backed up all the way around) and got my Project X Evenflow white in. The blue pops so much with that white. Did not get the extra weight in but on 18 caught a high toe high draw into a 10-15 mph wind and hit it 235 (a good number for me period, but a phenomenal number into the wind). This head has so much pop it's ridiculous. I hit 2 other bombs with this today and I also had some misses all over the face (I am still a mediocre golfer) but those misses all had pop on them and felt launchy. The face on this thing is fire.

Attachments

• 20200926_172210.jpg
    20200926_172210.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200926_153138.jpg
    20200926_153138.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200926_153129.jpg
    20200926_153129.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 20
Played a round today. Hit a couple of bombs. Got to hole 17 next to my house and checked the porch (course was backed up all the way around) and got my Project X Evenflow white in. The blue pops so much with that white. Did not get the extra weight in but on 18 caught a high toe high draw into a 10-15 mph wind and hit it 235 (a good number for me period, but a phenomenal number into the wind). This head has so much pop it's ridiculous. I hit 2 other bombs with this today and I also had some misses all over the face (I am still a mediocre golfer) but those misses all had pop on them and felt launchy. The face on this thing is fire.
Looks really good with the Evenflow shaft.

09-26-20 Testing at driving range
I took the Big Bertha B21 out to the local​
driving range this afternoon. I was pretty amped to hit this driver again after getting some pretty stellar numbers on the sim earlier this week. I had my reservations though. I know that sometimes what you see on the simulator doesn’t manifest itself in real time.
So, how did this new Callaway driver​
perform?! Well...it basically lived up to all the “hype” surrounding it at launch! Folks, it isn’t hype, it’s the “Truth!” Callaway has a sure enough unicorn here.
My first swing produced a pushy-fade. If​
I had been hitting my gamer, that ball would have ended up at least one fairway over. This one just gently faded out to the right edge of the range. After that initial bad(better result than most I have hit in the last year), this club proved what it could do! Everything was either straight or with a little draw! I couldn’t believe it! As a serial slicer, it was absolutely astonishing! The ball launches quickly off the face resulting in a mid-high trajectory and seemed like it was carrying forever before it landed. And, something I couldn’t get out of my current gamer...when the ball landed, I could see it hop and continue to roll!
I, in true internet golfer fashion, tinkered​
with the opti-fit adapter. I de-lofted the BB B21 1°. Hoping for a lower ball flight. The trajectory lowered slightly, but it seemed like I wasn’t getting the same output in the stock setting. So, I put it back in the stock position and just lowered my tee height a touch.
This driver is super forgiving and LONG!​
Callaway truly have created a forgiving, low spin, draw based driver that absolutely hammers the ball! This driver would probably benefit 80% of the members on the forum! If ego didn’t get in the way.
Lastly, I want to talk about the “made​
for” RCH shaft. I had concerns about hitting such a light shaft. After giving it the ol’ waggle test, I definitely was apprehensive! BUT...there’s something to this thing! It feels loose or super active when you waggle it back and forth, but when you make a full swing, it feels great! My current gamer has a Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.5 60g shaft. My favorite is the standard HZRDUS Black 6.0. There is some definite voodoo here. I can feel where the club head is at all times. It’s stable without being overly stout, it’s smooth in transition, and definitely tip active. This shaft and club head combo works really well! I’ve not gone after one yet because I won’t have my stint removed until next week, but I want to see what this combo can do when I really hammer on it!
My only critiques so far are...1-I need a​
corded grip due to the humidity and I’m not a huge fan of the “bullseye” on the face. It’s just not my cup of tea. But, that’s just trying to find a negative with this driver.
I guess the only thing left to do at this​
point is to update my WITB!😳

09-26-20 Testing at driving range
I took the Big Bertha B21 out to the local​
driving range this afternoon. I was pretty amped to hit this driver again after getting some pretty stellar numbers on the sim earlier this week. I had my reservations though. I know that sometimes what you see on the simulator doesn’t manifest itself in real time.
So, how did this new Callaway driver​
perform?! Well...it basically lived up to all the “hype” surrounding it at launch! Folks, it isn’t hype, it’s the “Truth!” Callaway has a sure enough unicorn here.
My first swing produced a pushy-fade. If​
I had been hitting my gamer, that ball would have ended up at least one fairway over. This one just gently faded out to the right edge of the range. After that initial bad(better result than most I have hit in the last year), this club proved what it could do! Everything was either straight or with a little draw! I couldn’t believe it! As a serial slicer, it was absolutely astonishing! The ball launches quickly off the face resulting in a mid-high trajectory and seemed like it was carrying forever before it landed. And, something I couldn’t get out of my current gamer...when the ball landed, I could see it hop and continue to roll!
I, in true internet golfer fashion, tinkered​
with the opti-fit adapter. I de-lofted the BB B21 1°. Hoping for a lower ball flight. The trajectory lowered slightly, but it seemed like I wasn’t getting the same output in the stock setting. So, I put it back in the stock position and just lowered my tee height a touch.
This driver is super forgiving and LONG!​
Callaway truly have created a forgiving, low spin, draw based driver that absolutely hammers the ball! This driver would probably benefit 80% of the members on the forum! If ego didn’t get in the way.
Lastly, I want to talk about the “made​
for” RCH shaft. I had concerns about hitting such a light shaft. After giving it the ol’ waggle test, I definitely was apprehensive! BUT...there’s something to this thing! It feels loose or super active when you waggle it back and forth, but when you make a full swing, it feels great! My current gamer has a Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.5 60g shaft. My favorite is the standard HZRDUS Black 6.0. There is some definite voodoo here. I can feel where the club head is at all times. It’s stable without being overly stout, it’s smooth in transition, and definitely tip active. This shaft and club head combo works really well! I’ve not gone after one yet because I won’t have my stint removed until next week, but I want to see what this combo can do when I really hammer on it!
My only critiques so far are...1-I need a​
corded grip due to the humidity and I’m not a huge fan of the “bullseye” on the face. It’s just not my cup of tea. But, that’s just trying to find a negative with this driver.
I guess the only thing left to do at this​
point is to update my WITB!😳

Nice review! Happy to hear you have a new gamer in your bag.

Hmmm, certified master fitter 21 miles from me, guess where I'll be Monday? 🤔😳

Back