Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach SOFT and SOFT Premier Putters

Who else is getting this out to the course a few times this weekend?

I have rounds booked Friday and Saturday. I will probably do something on Sunday or Monday but am waiting for the weather forecast to firm up

I have tee times for Friday and Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

32 putts today with the Premier 10.5 on some REALLY bad greens. This putter gives me way more confidence. I think it’s primarily the combination of the heavy head and that big grip. It seems like I have much better feel. Really liking it. I have another round tomorrow on a challenging course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11d26b86a72b5c612db5e884de7271f5.jpg

This alignment is so good combined with this ball. Hate if you must but it works for me
0D173C62-6FB0-462A-8C3F-59343AE87217.jpeg

Putted well today in only my second live round with this putter, 32 putts with a birdie and an eagle with a couple more that just missed. Distance control was good too. Feedback off the center of the face is noticeable but even missing off center putts tend to roll on my intended line.

Are any Tour players rolling one of these? Regardless, I’d love to pick one up next time I find a $100 bill on the ground or come up with a creative and wife-accepted excuse.

@Noonan...Danny how did the putter fair during the maiden voyage!?

It was fantastic! I was a little worried because I havent been liking the grip all that much. But, this thing was spot on. Had a few putts that gave me even more confidence. She was a champ last night! Still not a big fan of the sight line. Will probably be changing the paint on that. But, all in all.....FANTASTIC!! Definitely my new gamer!!

This alignment is so good combined with this ball. Hate if you must but it works for me
View attachment 8965601

Putted well today in only my second live round with this putter, 32 putts with a birdie and an eagle with a couple more that just missed. Distance control was good too. Feedback off the center of the face is noticeable but even missing off center putts tend to roll on my intended line.
I see you also used yours in a little bit of rain or wet. The finish gets some spots that are hard to remove but I’m going to try to use an oil rag to see if that works. Tomorrow is round 2 of the weekend and I’m hoping to have a great report after.

Managed to find a premier 11s in a PGASS to hit a around for a while. Putter felt fantastic! Current gamer is a Frontline 11s and been pondering a milled putter for a bit. Premier head felt heavier than the frontline but I didn’t test side by side. I may have walked out with it if they had a 35”... may be ordering one today...

Any amount of hype that these putters are getting (and there is clearly high interest) is probably way too little. Three people today stopped me on the practice putting green to ask about it - two of them were based on the all black look.

Its just great all around and cannot (cannot!) be beat for the money. The ball rolls so true off the face, it sets up and frames the ball so well, and the #11 head is super forgiving if you miss the center. I’m not sure if that forgiveness is due to the SOFT technology or if it is the high head weight but it’s real.

The only thing I don’t love right now is the finish when it gets wet. The drops water dry and leave marks that don’t wipe away easily. I had to get out my oil rag to make them go away, so all is right with the world.

Confidence is sky high right now - 30 putts with three birdies. It is making a REAL strong push to stay in the bag.

has anyone hit the previous SOFT line and the premier line?

They will be very (if not completely) the same outside of the grip, assuming you are talking about the other SOFT line that Cleveland sells right now.

They will be very (if not completely) the same outside of the grip, assuming you are talking about the other SOFT line that Cleveland sells right now.

yup...that's the one. haven't rolled mine in a while....

yup...that's the one. haven't rolled mine in a while....
Shame! But I get it if you have a rotation you love.

nothing has been able to bump the elevado out...
Shhhhh don’t tell anyone but the Elevado shape is in the premier line too ;) - it’s what I went with and I COMPLETELY understand why nothing can bump it from your bag.

Still putting much better with the 10.5. Though it’s still the “honeymoon phase” of the relationship I am confident it will stay in my bag for quite a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got the original HB SOFT #11, and have rolled it side-by-side with the Premier #10.5. Reader's Digest version, they both perform pretty much the same, as far as roll and feel go. I prefer the #11 shape (and Odyssey #7, etc), it is just so easy to line up, but I do like the Premier look better, and the grip on the Premier is probably the nicest putter grip I've ever used. I'm putting really well with the #10.5, and it will be staying in the bag for a while, although I might eventually go back to my #11 (or trade it up to a Premier #11).

I've got the original HB SOFT #11, and have rolled it side-by-side with the Premier #10.5. Reader's Digest version, they both perform pretty much the same, as far as roll and feel go. I prefer the #11 shape (and Odyssey #7, etc), it is just so easy to line up, but I do like the Premier look better, and the grip on the Premier is probably the nicest putter grip I've ever used. I'm putting really well with the #10.5, and it will be staying in the bag for a while, although I might eventually go back to my #11 (or trade it up to a Premier #11).

i may have to roll mine just for s***s and giggles. i was pondering a premier 11 but it wouldn't add "variety" to the dwindling putter collection ('ve sold off 3)...the odyssey 10 and heppler TomCat have been clicked on repeatedly over the last couple of weeks...the anser blades as well :rolleyes:

Mine came Friday afternoon. I got the #11, 35". First impressions - I love the black finish and the heaviness to it. Fooled around in my living room a bit with, but had to wait until yesterday to really test it out.

This is my first putter with a pistol grip and it took some getting used to. Speed with this putter was good for me and there were quite a few longer putts that just missed going in or were just off line a bit. Can't say I had the greatest day putting, but I definitely think this may be my new putter (my previous putter is a TM Spider Tour X). Hoping to get a few more rounds with it before the weather starts turning here in NE.

Only minor complaint is the headcover. It's a little snug, most likely due to being brand new and sort of plain. I'm a person who likes to swap out the original manufacturers covers anyways and get something unique for my clubs, so I'll be on the lookout for a new headcover. I think I have a "F*ck 3 Putts" headcover somewhere that may fit this putter perfectly.

I agree with @Molten on the finish. If thats my only complaint thats a win for Cleveland.

There is noticeable difference when missing the sweet spot. When you hit it, its a softer feeling, when you miss its more firm. Putts still seem to roll on line and I don't know what it is but its been a while since I've seen the line on the ball rolling end over end more often than not. It's such a satisfying feeling.

These reviews are making me so damn excited for mine to get here.

Back