Wings, burgers & hotdogs on the grill this evening
3 kiddo soccer games this weekend
potential new puppy dog being added tomorrow
first haircut in 7 months tomorrow
grilling beef fajitas Sunday
Cowboy and Texas football on tv
Sunny and 80's
Titos

Potential for a solid weekend I'm thinking.
What kind of puppy?

This seems most appropriate here...

Got some clubs re-gripped today. What was supposed to happen was they were to save the nearly-brand-new GP CP2 Pro from my old driver and put it on the new one, put a new CP2 Pro on my 3W, and put one of the old grips from either the 3W or new driver on the old driver so I could gift it to my driver-less neighbor.

Hit their practice chipping and putting greens while they did their magic. (I sucked at both today.)

When I went to pick the clubs up, there was a GP Tour Velvet on the old driver. "Huh?" Saw the guy that does this work for them. "Couldn't save the old grips?" I asked. "By the time I got back there my guys had already cut 'em off, so you have all new grips."

Cool. Cool cool cool :)

Last edited:
Morning THP. New week, new adventure.

Another week of overtime in your schedule?
From now until about Thanksgiving week we will be open 7 days a week, I do Mon-Sat so plenty of it.
We have already taken in just shy of 300,000 bu of corn and a long way to go.

Outdoor golfing season is in limited supply here. I'm looking at my schedule and seeing where I can to golf "greedy" before winter flips the switch. Last year grass-based golf stopped in early Oct. Some years we can play into November.

Same here. The fact I played in 83 degree at the end of september is crazy. We could easily have snow in 4 weeks but so far, its looking like the temps are going to stay in the 60s for a while longer and potentially be 50's by end of october. We might just get 3 or 4 more weeks of good playing weather and then another few weeks of spotty weather.

Same here. The fact I played in 83 degree at the end of september is crazy. We could easily have snow in 4 weeks but so far, its looking like the temps are going to stay in the 60s for a while longer and potentially be 50's by end of october. We might just get 3 or 4 more weeks of good playing weather and then another few weeks of spotty weather.
That's the same boat I'm in. Hopefully I can get several more rounds in before the garbage weather hits. Heck I just want good weather for my son's soccer games. It was miserable sitting through some games last fall.

I hear you. Was nice to play yesterday. About 25 degrees warmer than the previous Sunday. Forecast here is Sunny and 60 this weekend coming up. Here's hoping we have a nice relatively warm October in upstate NY. Hoping to have a comfortable round or two in Novemeber this season.

First day back to work after 5 days off suuuuuuuuuucks

Going so damn slow!

I just got back from Vegas. Outside of having to call the police when walking the strip after being threatened with a beer bottle, having the lobby floor cleaned by people in HAZMAT suits due to blood from a brawl, a few shootings on the strip and overall feeling that the strip is one big powder keg ready to explode, I had a great time.

Amazon Prime Day is back 10/13 and 10/14, woohoo! Time to get stuff I don’t need! Maybe a little early holiday shopping.

I just got back from Vegas. Outside of having to call the police when walking the strip after being threatened with a beer bottle, having the lobby floor cleaned by people in HAZMAT suits due to blood from a brawl, a few shootings on the strip and overall feeling that the strip is one big powder keg ready to explode, I had a great time.

Geeez, you stay in the super seedy area? Granted its been 10 years since I've been there, and while it wasn't the nicest hotel, didn't have a single thing like that happen

Then again, its a common occurrence down in Atlantic city, most commonly thr heroin issue

Amazon Prime Day is back 10/13 and 10/14, woohoo! Time to get stuff I don’t need! Maybe a little early holiday shopping.

I'm already getting nagged about upping security cameras outside after 1 isolated incident of a guy looking into backyard windows.. but yeah wss looking to do ring cameras anyways

I love the harvest season, keeps me busy. But makes for some really long days. Time to call it a day.
Is it a little early? Thought the last week of October was more in line?
I was in WI last week and a farmer was picking corn - Looked to be as a dry as a bone.

Geeez, you stay in the super seedy area? Granted its been 10 years since I've been there, and while it wasn't the nicest hotel, didn't have a single thing like that happen

Then again, its a common occurrence down in Atlantic city, most commonly thr heroin issue
Cosmopolitan - one of the nicest properties on the strip. There is a major change in clientele and safety on the strip since about August. Shootings and assaults are becoming the norm. It sounds like some major changes will be happening soon to curb the escalating violence.

I'm already getting nagged about upping security cameras outside after 1 isolated incident of a guy looking into backyard windows.. but yeah wss looking to do ring cameras anyways
I got all my Ring gear on Prime Day.

Cool promo to spend $10 on small businesses get $10 on Prime Day and of course spend $10 at Whole Foods and get $10 on Prime Day.
75D5C4E7-4425-43CB-B796-31600C22A566.jpeg596EF86E-CE47-4F45-AFAA-F67415AA39E9.jpeg

Wings, burgers & hotdogs on the grill this evening
3 kiddo soccer games this weekend
potential new puppy dog being added tomorrow
first haircut in 7 months tomorrow
grilling beef fajitas Sunday
Cowboy and Texas football on tv
Sunny and 80's
Titos

Potential for a solid weekend I'm thinking.

New puppy??!!?? Brodie will be happy

Is it a little early? Thought the last week of October was more in line?
I was in WI last week and a farmer was picking corn - Looked to be as a dry as a bone.
We actually got a late start this year. Going full bore now.

My parents were visiting TN to see the new house the last few days and they just left. It is hard seeing people get older, especially with changes from one visit to the next.

Yep, same here. I did 9 this morning with my wife. It was 80 degrees when we finished. The changing leaf colours are scenic but can make finding your ball a challenge in some spots as they fall.

20200928_141508.jpg

Time to call it a day. Dumping the last truck for the day. Got rain last night and only one guy cutting.

Reactions: KEV
Snack time.

I have decided it is time to look for another job - this one hasn't been what I hoped it would be, but there have been things over the last few months that I haven't agreed with and not been comfortable with (and I am not the only one to say this), and management have a very blinkered approach and certain personalities are starting to show through making it......difficult

Unfortunately, in the current climate and pandemic situation, jobs are few and far between at the moment, and I can't afford to not bring home a wage otherwise I would have handed my notice in

Back