Official Rant of the Day

Yesterday, I had what should have been my best opportunity for an Eagle. The opening hole at a local public course is a 489 dogleg right par 5. This is the first time that I put together two great swings and managed to be on the green in two! The green is elevated so while driving up, my blood was pumping in a great way to see my ball resting about 38 feet past the hole in the back middle of the green.

Walking up to the green I noticed the pin location.

GC_confluence_kcaldon_GrandCanyonTrust.jpg

The wonderful course super put it on the edge of a rounded upper level of the green. It breaks straight away and to the left. the pin was 1/3 down that slope form the top right on the nose.

Here is a look at my putt for eagle.

F95639D0-0AF0-49EC-8332-5DD87EEC3B00.jpeg

I hit it a little too soft, had I set up a bit more right it might have been better but it took the turn about 2 feet short of the hole and trickled down the slope a good 8 ft below the hole. That left me an 8 ft up hill put that broke left. I put it perfectly on line, but it came to a stop one ball length short of the hole.....and then rolled back 7 ft. :mad:. So much for birdie. Now I'm left with another 7 footer uphill for par. Guess what....yep came up a ball short again, this time it only rolled back a foot. tap in Bogey. 😭

IMG_DB7AB2A521AF-1.jpeg

I can’t wait for this stint to come out!

Just got an email that the gym i have gone to for years is closing. They couldnt survive the NY lockdown and restrictions. Its a small business been here for years . This sucks.

That's sad to hear.

I can’t wait for this stint to come out!

Are you having discomfort, or is it just bothering you to know it's there? I didnt know mine were there.

This is how my September started - nearly had the end of my right index finger yanked off. 8 shots of lidocaine, 5 stitches, and 4 weeks later, it is healed. Still feels a bit odd, but at least it's intact.

View attachment 8965617
how did you do that? i did a very similar thing a few years back opening a can of tuna fish...lol

This is how my September started - nearly had the end of my right index finger yanked off. 8 shots of lidocaine, 5 stitches, and 4 weeks later, it is healed. Still feels a bit odd, but at least it's intact.

View attachment 8965617

Havent been feeling the best and this definitely made me gag.... yuck.... im going to take a break

how did you do that? i did a very similar thing a few years back opening a can of tuna fish...lol
I caught my wedding ring on a steel railing with a little spur sticking out as I was walking....I thought I tore my finger off but it was still intact. It really hurt.

Lost my fantasy football game 150.1 to 150.0. That one stings.

So less a 'rant' than a 'WTF?!' moment today. I don't work on Mondays and knew the Theragun Roller I ordered was coming today. Sure enough, around 3pm, one of those leased vans you see delivering for Fedex pulls into my driveway. I don't think the driver or his buddy realized I was sitting in my living room watching them. Normally I would go out and meet them halfway, but with COVID I tend to just let them drop stuff off on my front porch.

Guy gets out of the passenger side (which is literally 20 feet from my front porch). He takes a package out of the back and rather than carry it to the front porch as any normal human would do, he just chucks it into the back of my pickup truck bed that's parked in the driveway. It had just started to rain too. Within 10 secs he was back in the van and they were backing out of my driveway.

It was such an odd thing to do with a package, I was literally dumbfounded. I thought about complaining to Fedex but honestly, I don't want future packages not being delivered or getting damaged because he would obviously know who called. There was no harm done, but I'm wondering if that's in the Fedex delivery manual. 'In the event you aren't in the mood to walk the 20 feet to the recipients front porch, just chuck that bad boy wherever the mood strikes you.'

One of the crazier things I've seen. I could've gone days/weeks without noticing there was something in my truck bed, or worse yet, it could've been a saturated, ruined mess.

I once again forgot my rant....

But I can b*tch, just for the pure pleasure of it.

So less a 'rant' than a 'WTF?!' moment today. I don't work on Mondays and knew the Theragun Roller I ordered was coming today. Sure enough, around 3pm, one of those leased vans you see delivering for Fedex pulls into my driveway. I don't think the driver or his buddy realized I was sitting in my living room watching them. Normally I would go out and meet them halfway, but with COVID I tend to just let them drop stuff off on my front porch.

Guy gets out of the passenger side (which is literally 20 feet from my front porch). He takes a package out of the back and rather than carry it to the front porch as any normal human would do, he just chucks it into the back of my pickup truck bed that's parked in the driveway. It had just started to rain too. Within 10 secs he was back in the van and they were backing out of my driveway.

It was such an odd thing to do with a package, I was literally dumbfounded. I thought about complaining to Fedex but honestly, I don't want future packages not being delivered or getting damaged because he would obviously know who called. There was no harm done, but I'm wondering if that's in the Fedex delivery manual. 'In the event you aren't in the mood to walk the 20 feet to the recipients front porch, just chuck that bad boy wherever the mood strikes you.'

One of the crazier things I've seen. I could've gone days/weeks without noticing there was something in my truck bed, or worse yet, it could've been a saturated, ruined mess.
It seems like package delivery through several companies is just going down hill. Earlier I was expecting a delivery from UPS which "mysteriously" got lost in one of their hubs. How does that happen with today's tracking? Just rather curious. Last week I was expecting a delivery through FedEx. Got notified that my package was delivered. I thought that was odd since I was home and there had been no one who had come by. I went around the entire perimeter of the house and sure enough, no package. I was trying to decide if they left it at a neighbor's house or what to do next when the truck pulled in and my package arrived. I guess the email notification that my package was delivered was a bit premature!

It seems like package delivery through several companies is just going down hill. Earlier I was expecting a delivery from UPS which "mysteriously" got lost in one of their hubs. How does that happen with today's tracking? Just rather curious. Last week I was expecting a delivery through FedEx. Got notified that my package was delivered. I thought that was odd since I was home and there had been no one who had come by. I went around the entire perimeter of the house and sure enough, no package. I was trying to decide if they left it at a neighbor's house or what to do next when the truck pulled in and my package arrived. I guess the email notification that my package was delivered was a bit premature!
Do they have a pill for "Premature Package Ejaculation"? ;)

I was supposed to play in a work sponsored captains choice tournament tomorrow but thunderstorms are postponing the event.. So I have to work tomorrow..

I saw an Amazon delivery guy launch a package from the street onto my neighbors porch about a month ago. I have no idea what was in there, but that guy gave 0 F...ks on the package. I saw another van pull half way through my other neighbors wet yard. Left some good ruts. I let him know that it was the delivery guy, not that it will do any good.

I was at work (the day after I had a colonoscopy tho that has no bearing on the injury). We were lowering a 300 lb. pump into a wet well, and I was holding a 1/4" steel cable that hooked to the top of the pump back to a winch, just to keep the hook in place until we got tension on that cable. But, the pump had a foot to drag and shifted and fell over suddenly, yanking the cable out of my hand basically thru my fingertip. Amazingly it didn't spout blood and wasn't THAT painful, which is good since it was 2 solid hours before Workman's Comp got sorted out and I got treated. The lidocaine shots were the worst part, but that was over in 15-20 seconds.

At least they didn't leave it in the middle of your driveway.

Screenshot_20200619-141213_IP Pro.jpg

i do have a rant I can remember....

It’s 1:11am and I’m awake.

Not a big fan, unless there is talent in my house. There’s no talent, just me.

Not even 6am and there’s a leak in the basement and puppy poop in the bedroom. It’s only Tuesday? :banghead:

If you are going to be late for work then call and say so, but don't whine to me after the boss gives you a chewing for being late and you don't have a good excuse.

I've got so much to rant about today I don't even know where to start. I guess that's rant #1 LOL.

Covid restrictions are being tightened a bit around here locally again. I stopped at a coffee shop to grab a coffee and the sign on the door clearly said "due to new restrictions our dining room is closed". No less than 4 tables occupied with people sitting drinking coffee inside....

I stopped into the golf store to grab a glove. I knew exactly what I needed, so no worry about not being able to try them on. The store has a sign at each end of the glove aisle that says "No entry - ask staff for assistance. No trying on gloves". Between the two signs? A guy with several packages open trying on glove upon glove....

It's been six months. How can people still not understand one-way aisles in stores?

The girl at the till was having problems with the computer. The customer was all "you can fix that later, I just want to pay and get out of here". Stated not once, but three times. Buddy, it's clearly not here fault - take 30 seconds and be patient.

Drove two hours to Toronto only to discover that nobody knew how to turn the cooling tower on. Without the cooling tower running, I can't run any of the equipment that I'm there to test. We tried to figure it out, only to discover that whoever put the tower together didn't seal the sump, so once it started filling with water it began leaking all over the roof. And the entire time the individual responsible is sitting at his desk trying to figure out who to blame instead of trying to come up with a resolution.

And finally, the amber alert system on our cell phones. Awoken at 12:11 am to repeated eh-oh-eh-oh LOUD and annoying tone coming from both phones over and over again. I'm not against the system, just the fact that we have no option to opt out or mute the tone during certain hours of the day.

Just got an email that the gym i have gone to for years is closing. They couldnt survive the NY lockdown and restrictions. Its a small business been here for years . This sucks.
I'm expecting my small gym to close anytime now. To be honest, it needs to go. They aren't fixing any of the equipment and conditions are getting a little dangerous. I think they are waiting until this new, national chain gym, which is currently being built, opens across the street and then they'll pull the plug.

Ahh hell, it wasn’t a focal point of my Sunday but jeesh, learn the laws of you're going to be the enforcement of them.

I have a busted sternum and what amounts to one lung. I have an actual paper prescription from my doc saying I don’t have to wear a mask “due to the SOB that it causes”. I thought about it for a minute and said “yup, I do get a little irritable when I’m wearing one” SOB.

But seriously I have an actual legit reason to not wear one, it’s not some BS I pulled off the Internet (ha), it’s a note of a local Physician. Whom I saw in person and tested me. I have a displaced rib that cuts my lung capacity to 50-60%. Further with a sternal fracture, that cuts even more into it.

This isn’t a “woe is me” gripe. My rant is about idiots that don’t know the laws. I almost said F it, doing the walk off Sunday when I drove an hour and 10 minutes to play so my kid could get in a practice round at his state qualifier (that’s location has changed courses 3 times now!!!!)

They wouldn’t even wait on me when I was waving a paper RX. I hadn’t brought a mask not anticipating this situation. Around here it’s 50/50 anyways. I eventually gave my kid the credit card and he paid for 2 adult with cart rounds, ok. No biggie. Except I was told the kids practice round was free with a paying adult and I would have made sure that was the case.

I could make this a huge legal issue for this course. I won’t because I’m not an ass, (don’t, just don’t:)) or at least that large of an ass. But still, learn the damn laws. Here in OH it is NOT on the business to enforce health code mandates. In fact, they’re much more liable if they poorly attempt to enforce it. It’s on the local health department. Local police (most who have gone on record saying they are NOT the mask police).

I’m neither for nor against. I don’t care and this isn’t political. But don’t deny service to someone that has gone to the steps to legally not have to wear one. For good reason too, my doc sucks but even he didn’t argue with me on it. I have no lungs. I can’t even walk 18 anymore despite losing 60 pounds. That’s either pathetic or I have no lungs. I’ll go with no lungs as I’ve done everything else right.

We have a dead deer that is in the common area behind our house (wooded area across a little creek) That is making the whole neighborhood smell like a decomposing body. I actually went and located it this morning to verify that it was a deer and not something else (Human). My wife called the city to pick it up but it is in a no mans land. Guess we’ll have to wait it out and keep the windows shut.

We have a dead deer that is in the common area behind our house (wooded area across a little creek) That is making the whole neighborhood smell like a decomposing body. I actually went and located it this morning to verify that it was a deer and not something else (Human). My wife called the city to pick it up but it is in a no mans land. Guess we’ll have to wait it out and keep the windows shut.

Good call on the solo scout out. That could have been bad.

You got a shovel? Don’t have to wait on the city. 45 minutes and dead body smell goes away (after a shower and running the washer).

Back