PODCAST Off Course: Episode 25: Special Announcement

It is definitely the end of an era but far from the end of Off Course. We have some massive plans including special guests, return guests, and the same off the wall discussion style format that I hope you’ve all come to love.

I’m incredibly grateful to @HipCheck for being my partner in crime for 25 episodes. It’s been my pleasure finding our identity together and him letting me throw curve balls at him on the regular.

@HipCheck it has been awesome to see OffCourse become my favorite Friday morning listen while chained to the desk instead of on course. Thanks for the great entertainment and memories. Best of luck inyour new venture.

You too @Canadan, I can't wait to see what's next for OffCourse.

On the Bryson topic, I will randomly throw in here, that the squealing over low scores and over-powering golf courses is IMO, ridiculous. If the pundits and punters can't see the athleticism and short game skill involved in what happened at the US Open, I don;t know what to say to convince anyone its not equipment. No need to dial back or lengthen anything... nothing says the game needs to be protected. Eff that - let's these pros be pros and see how low we can really go. Who cares if winning rounds are in the low 60's or even 50's. Is a tourney where -30 wins really any less entertaining than one where +5 wins? What would be wrong with -45? 😈 Par is an artificial construct. Lowest score wins. Lets. GO.

@HipCheck good luck with everything you do, thanks for being here!
@HipCheck did you say pennsylbraska?

Man that's too bad to hear, I love the banter you two have during the episodes but I wish @HipCheck the best. I'm sure you will find a way to continue making this a great listen every week.

I haven't used GolfLink before but I have friends who have. It's needs updating, and basically, that's my job. Trying to use my experience to make it the best site possible. There's a lot to do, but at the same time lots of untapped potential.

I'll check on the closed course list. Could be a database thing, or could be an SEO thing. Just like there are still reviews of a Callaway FT-iQ are out there if you want to read them (but yuck! :D)

I went to programming school, spent 5 years in application development, then 5 years as Avis.com content manager, then 10 in the golf industry, so hopefully I can use every bit of that experience.

It's much different than a podcast, that's for sure!

My man. Best of luck to you.

I enjoyed listening to the two of you banter back and forth about topics both on and off course. Somehow, I have faith that Dan can continue the legacy that you both created in "Off Course".

Was (am still) going to listen to this one on the way home from the course today but saw the bombshell dropped in here. Bummed to see you go @HipCheck but I know you’re going to do great things for golflink. You and @Canadan had some killer chemistry!

@Canadan Don’t let anyone give you grief on the swing. Similarities to Freddy, one of the smoothest of all time.

Well now, just finished the episode and it’s a huge bummer but bright days are still ahead for everyone involved. Good luck @HipCheck !

I haven't used GolfLink before but I have friends who have. It's needs updating, and basically, that's my job. Trying to use my experience to make it the best site possible. There's a lot to do, but at the same time lots of untapped potential.

I'll check on the closed course list. Could be a database thing, or could be an SEO thing. Just like there are still reviews of a Callaway FT-iQ are out there if you want to read them (but yuck! :D)

I went to programming school, spent 5 years in application development, then 5 years as Avis.com content manager, then 10 in the golf industry, so hopefully I can use every bit of that experience.

It's much different than a podcast, that's for sure!
Sounds like a fun challenge. Good luck, man!

@HipCheck

E6BF8316-20A9-4A4B-A8BA-E1F12CCA5D61.gif
This is how I feel about your announcement...
You will be hard to replace...

4C8CE0FA-DEC3-4F77-BEED-FCE6F786EA6B.gif

I've really enjoyed the last 25 weeks listening to you guys. @HipCheck, congratulations on the new opportunity in front of you. I'm confident that Off Course will roll on. However, the dynamic you and Dan created will be missed.

@HipCheck

View attachment 8966819
This is how I feel about your announcement...
You will be hard to replace...

View attachment 8966820
I've really enjoyed the last 25 weeks listening to you guys. @HipCheck, congratulations on the new opportunity in front of you. I'm confident that Off Course will roll on. However, the dynamic you and Dan created will be missed.

I can’t tell you how much I’ve enjoyed recording The OC each week. I know you know this but @Canadan is such a good dude.

All tag teams break up, but you never know what the future storyline holds.

B716228C-A7FE-4AEF-B46A-B403F4542721.jpeg

Haven't done this listen yet, but have enjoyed the past ones with you bringing the sanity, so you'll be missed @HipCheck . Best of luck!

Haven't done this listen yet, but have enjoyed the past ones with you bringing the sanity, so you'll be missed @HipCheck . Best of luck!
lmao wow.... that hits me in the feels haha

I can’t tell you how much I’ve enjoyed recording The OC each week. I know you know this but @Canadan is such a good dude.

All tag teams break up, but you never know what the future storyline holds.

View attachment 8966828
You know who never broke up?

49202E34-3E60-40E2-A672-5FCD12721727.jpeg
Beautiful Bobby Eaton & Sweet Stan Lane - The Midnight Express

38B6AAF8-48B2-4E65-AAE3-DFB1A1FD1B46.gif
You can always come back...

lmao wow.... that hits me in the feels haha
Haha Your food and condiment beliefs worry me sometimes, Dan. @HipCheck sees food and refrigerators through more rational eyes. :p

Last edited:
Good luck to you in your new adventure @HipCheck. Thank you for your efforts on the podcast.

@HipCheck please know that your weekly banter with @Canadan was my first venture into the world of podcasts, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

25 episodes is no small feat, and I'm sure you put more than the on-air 60 minutes worth of time in each and every week. Best of luck in your new position, and don't forget to troll the heck out of @Canadan's twitter account.

@Canadan looking forward to "Off Course 2.0"!

Back