Titleist Tour Speed Golf Ball Review

A very successful outing with the Tour Speed! Great distance and feel off clubs. The ball had some check and after knowing how not would react helped quite a bit. Play some roll out, but nothing crazy. These fly straight and spin nicely.

I tried these again yesterday on a par 3 course with rather fast bent grass greens. I noticed the increased rollout more on the longer shots and had one ball that was slightly higher on the face which knuckled quite a bit. Putting feels fine with these but in the chipping game I found myself having to open the face more to add height. I played reasonably well with them but still don't think they will work for me unless I can get better performance with driver.

I think this will be a good ball for Titleist. It fits the bill for distance, feel and spin although not as much as the V1 in the spin category. For me, it was better than the QST by a fair margin. I found that it scuffs a little easier, but that about it for the negatives.

The more I think about it the more I think this will do well for Titleist because of the brand loyalty /recognition. There's another ball in the same price range that performs almost identical to a ProV1 for me that I think will not get the same usage due to the brand. It's crazy how brand /marketing play such a big factor.

The more I think about it the more I think this will do well for Titleist because of the brand loyalty /recognition. There's another ball in the same price range that performs almost identical to a ProV1 for me that I think will not get the same usage due to the brand. It's crazy how brand /marketing play such a big factor.

I think a lot of people play the competition because its geared toward "less than tour speeds" without losing selling points.

I have adapted that I need to shorten my landing zone and yardage due to run out and that's worked pretty well.

Irons are in so I will have my first outing with these golf balls finally.
Putting with them in the house has been pleasant so I will like to see how that translates on the actual greens.

Finally got this ball out on the course this weekend since my irons came in.
Firmer than my Q-Star Tour but I enjoyed the performance. TS was right in my wheelhouse in how it played on the course for me.

I'm not entirely sure that it was faster but I had a few drives that really impressed me. The ball jumped off the face and had a nice, flat flight.
Approach shots didn't release that it was too low spin and the feel of the face felt good.
Putting was nice because of the alignment aid.

If the weather stays nice, I'll be going for a lunchtime 9 at my home track on Wednesday for some more testing.

Personally I like the ball. It has replaced the QST in my rotation because it feels and performs better overall.

Well i lost my last one this weekend on number 8 of the front 9. I will say that this ball has a sport at its price e point. I also see that it does not Pop and Stop and they say like the ProV and it does release a bit further. I went to the ProVon the ninth tee box and the feel off the Driver was noticeable for me. The TS was clickier and when i hit the 9 iron into he green on the last hole, it did not run out. It was s fun run with them and comparing to my ProV and Bridgestone TOUr X.....Good ball for some,
But i do not see me switching

Personally I like the ball. It has replaced the QST in my rotation because it feels and performs better overall.

It's close to replacing it as well but I love QST. It will take some time to replace it.

I did a slight experiment and lofted my driver back up to 10.5 and used the Titleist tour speed on a few holes. The extra loft helped a bit but the driving distance was still down according to Arccos. I might spend more time on the skytrak to see how the numbers compare with driver to get a better idea as to what's happening.

OK.. So I didn't want to overdo it last night but hit a bit on the skytrak. With my gamers (Snell MTB-x and the Taylormade TP5x) my spin with driver normally stays in the 2100-2600 rpm range on decent hits. With what felt like decent hits last night the Tour Speed was reading in the 1500-1800rpm range and was not carrying near as far. I had 2 balls in the 1200-1300 range which felt like decent strikes as well. (this was all done with my driver set up in the normal configuration at 9.5*). My driving isn't the strongest part of my game and not nearly as consistent but this matches what I saw on the course. The ball does not seem to stay in the air as long for me but rolls out more.

on a constant test with these - still have some left... will be playing next time out as the 1x on driver let me down - approaches were awesome though... what part of the game matters more time will tell..

A side note.. the alignment has grown on me. I like the larger visual from a putting standpoint and make sure its hidden on the tee... also I think that the price point is good on these considering where their lineup is, however I would much rather see this in the Tour Soft zone, as I don't think that is a very good ball. If these go on sale post-season, it mike make for a new gamer next year. QST has a great price for similar performance

1602086061720.png1602086084875.png1602086143268.png1602086191999.png

I played this ball for the first time today and came away extremely impressed. The ball was very long off the tees and was very nice into greens on approach shots. Based on what I saw today I would easily game this ball.

Last edited:
I played this ball for the first time today and came away extremely impressed. The ball was very long off the tees and was very nice intontreens on approach shots. Based on what I saw today I would easily game this ball.

it really is my favorite Titelist ball not named pro v-1

I played this ball for the first time today and came away extremely impressed. The ball was very long off the tees and was very nice into greens on approach shots. Based on what I saw today I would easily game this ball.

I played this ball on a couple of different occasions last season. I liked it.

I played this ball on a couple of different occasions last season. I liked it.
I didn’t see a single negative today. The ball felt a touch toward the former side, which is fine for me. Our greens are super soft right now so it’s tough to judge how the ball really behaves on approach shots but o liked what I was seeing today (an inch or two behind pitch marks on full swings with scoring irons)

I have played these balls the last couple rounds intermittently and have to admit I kind of like it. Have zero complaints really as a value ball. Plenty long off the tee and feels great off the putter. Probably not quite as much spin as some tour level balls but reality is its probably good enough

I have played these balls the last couple rounds intermittently and have to admit I kind of like it. Have zero complaints really as a value ball. Plenty long off the tee and feels great off the putter. Probably not quite as much spin as some tour level balls but reality is its probably good enough
They cost $40 a dozen, right?

That's stretching the "value ball" definition in my opinion. For that kind of money I'd have to get better than "good enough" performance. It's more than I pay for Pro V1's purchased during the spring Loyalty promotion.

They cost $40 a dozen, right?

That's stretching the "value ball" definition in my opinion. For that kind of money I'd have to get better than "good enough" performance. It's more than I pay for Pro V1's purchased during the spring Loyalty promotion.
Maybe value ball is a stretch but its still cheaper than the tour balls that are priced near priced $50

$35 a dozen, $15 at Lost Golf Balls for 5A. It’s a Titleist so there are always less expensive options with similar performance but do they have the same ball to ball quality?
Turtle Wax brought out their first polymer wax, it was better in every way than carnauba wax and cheaper on the shelf. No one bought it. They renamed it, repackaged it and doubled the cost, they couldn’t make it fast enough.

$35 a dozen, $15 at Lost Golf Balls for 5A. It’s a Titleist so there are always less expensive options with similar performance but do they have the same ball to ball quality?
Tour SPEED is the $40/dozen urethane (TPU, not cast) ball.

The $35/dozen Titlest ball is Tour SOFT, a seriously overpriced Surlyn model. Basically a latter day NXT Tour.

This is a free country, golf is a game. Buy what you like. This is a great golf ball.
Of course.

It's just not a good value compared to pretty much any other ball on the market. Saying otherwise is a misuse of the word "value".

And it's not a $35/dozen, it's $40/dozen.

But other than that, it's a perfectly cromulent ball and if it works for you it's a good find.

I’m getting old, can’t keep names of anything straight, I may run for President

Back